can I get a tourist visa over 30 days in this situation...

Hi All,

i'm new to this forum. Had a visa question that I'm not sure about. I know there's the limit of 90 days in Thailand per 6 months for tourist visa.

So I'm planning on coming to Thailand again in around November for at least 1 month, another 3 weeks if I can. Anyways, I already stayed in Thailand in the last 2 months.

So if the 90 day rule applies, that would mean I can't stay any longer than 1 month since it will all be within the 6 month period. Is there a way to extend beyond that or do I need to wait until after the 6 month period?

hope that makes sense.

Thanks for advice in advance

There is no 80 day in 6 month rule. That rule went away years ago and was only regarding visa exempt entries anyway.

With your plans best to get a tourist visa before you leave for Thailand. Will save you problems with the airline and you won't have to do a border run.

Be advised for anyone who thinks visiting Thailand is routine -- as it use to be ... not any more...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/741503-south-thailand-border-crossings-reports-problems-to-enter-with-60-days-tourist-visas-tr60/

It is still not a problem if you get a tourist visa before traveling. The ones having problems are those that pile up some visa exempt entries before getting a tourist visa from a embassy or consulate in a neighboring country.

Also that link you posted is only about entering at a border crossing in the south of Thailand.

• Like 1