Getting Married....next step!

kjhbigv

If your physically inside CNX go to the amphur office by the Three Kings Monument. IF outside town go to your local amphur office. All amphur office in the area deal with foreigners on this subject. You, your letter and your passport. Your fair lady, her house book, her ID card. If she has been married before she will need copy of her divorce, same as you. Make sure you make copies of your letter of affirmation to mary for future use. Simple.

Edited by khwaibah

If your physically inside CNX go to the amphur office by the Three Kings Monument. IF outside town go to your local amphur office. All amphur office in the area deal with foreigners on this subject. You, your letter and your passport. Your fair lady, her house book, her ID card. If she has been married before she will need copy of her divorce, same as you. Make sure you make copies of your letter of affirmation to mary for future use. Simple.

That's what I thought, although I was "thrown" a bit by the comment on the US site (albeit I am British) saying, that the letter of affirmation needed to go to BKK prior to going to the Amphur?

1. Take the affidavit and translation to:

Legalization Division 
    Department of Consular Affairs
    Ministry of Foreign Affairs 
    3rd Floor, 123 Chaeng Wattana Road
    Tung Song Hong, Laksi District, Bangkok
    Tel: 02-575-1057-8, Fax: 02-575-1054
  2. Take the affidavit and supporting documents to a local Amphur and register yourselves as married. The Amphur will also require the following documents:

That's what I thought, although I was "thrown" a bit by the comment on the US site (albeit I am British) saying, that the letter of affirmation needed to go to BKK prior to going to the Amphur?

Legalization Division 
  2. Take the affidavit and supporting documents to a local Amphur and register yourselves as married. The Amphur will also require the following documents:

I am afraid something similar appears on the British Embassy advice as well;

3. Have the affirmation authenticated and the translation certified - All Thai Registrars 
will require authentication of the British Consular Official’s signature and certification of 
the Thai translation. This must be obtained from: 

The Legalisation Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.consular.go.th 
123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210 
Telephone: +66 (0)2 575 1057– 60, (0)2981 7171 (at 8:30am – 3:30pm) 
Fax : +66 (0)2 575 1054 Email: [email protected] 

Legalization Division 

The letter has to go to the MFA after translation for registration by the MFA. There is a  MFA office in the CNX  City hall complex that you can use instead of sending to Bangkok.

Contact info for MFA CNX.

• Legalization Office, Chiang Mai, Provincial Hall, Chotana Road, Chang Phueak Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai Province, Tel (053) 112-748-50 Fax (053) 112-764, 

E-mail: [email protected] 

Office Hours: 08:30 - 16:30 hours.
  •  

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

next step talk to a lawyer, get a prenup, make sure when you get divorced your covered, because you will get divorced and then she will take everything

A minimum of two lawyers are required, but I'd recommend at least one other.  One for you and one or two for her who speaks and writes in her 'native' language.  You must also give her sufficient time to review and get professionally advised before signing (notarized).  The pre-nup process is good for both of you to understand and document what each of you have before getting married and to clarify expectations (maybe she thinks you have millions, but you actually just spend and show like you do :). 

It's better to argue and discuss details before than afterwards.  

Enjoy. 

next step talk to a lawyer, get a prenup, make sure when you get divorced your covered, because you will get divorced and then she will take everything

I agree 100%.

I am not qualified to give legal advice., however there has been quite a lot of credible discussion on TV that a prenuptial agreement needs to be made before you marry.

Note to OP: Think long and hard about this. It doesn't need to be expensive.

Second note to OP: Congratulations!