Yamaha 150 c.c. R 15 now available in Pattaya

Anyone ever seen one of these little jewels yet? Yamaha_R15_static4.jpgA couple of days ago I stopped over at Watchara Marine hoping to find one of the upcoming 400 c.c. Yamaha SR400's to look at. I was informed that they will be available next month. There's two showrooms at this Yamaha dealership over on Sukamvit. There's the small showroom when you first come into the place and there's a much larger one where you will find not only the larger Yamaha bikes but also Triumphs, KTM's, etc and boats, etc. Someone in authority in the small showroom told me there was an SR400 already at the dealership...somewhere in the large showroom or next to it. So I looked and looked and finally went to the setup shop behind the showroom where a couple of the employees pointed out to me a brand new 150 c.c. R15.

It looked terrific and it was just begging me to drive it. It's not quite my style because it's a sport bike but I'd sure have fun driving it. And the quality seems to be better than what I've seen on Honda CBR 150's and 250's. I've got the brochure in my hand right now, and it reads, "Genesis to the World of R-Series". That seems to imply that an R series 250 will soon follow.

• Like 1

Looks to have a large rear fender / sari guard thats fitted in some contries.Superb bike. Would think the 250 will have USD forks. Theres so many exciting and well built bikes now coming to Thailand were spoilt for choice. Competition is a very good thing. Yamaha and Kawasaki are taking over , with quality offerings. Their market share will grow and grow.

Looks to have a large rear fender / sari guard thats fitted in some contries.Superb bike. Would think the 250 will have USD forks. Theres so many exciting and well built bikes now coming to Thailand were spoilt for choice. Competition is a very good thing. Yamaha and Kawasaki are taking over , with quality offerings. Their market share will grow and grow.

yeah. taking over with an sohc undersquare engine that does not like to rev.

apart from the looks, it is the Indian model not European so in this case Yamaha is again coming with a dated product as it is available in India for a long time.

It is also slower than a honda cbr150r which has a doch and oversquare engine that revs up to 11,500rpm.

But Yamaha looks good still i expect European model or at least that twin cylinder r3. This just does not make any sense to me still it is good to see good looking bikes running around!

How much did he pay for the bike?

I am not a great fan of these 150cc sportbikes because a small engine in a big chassis seems dreadfully slow.

It does look nicer than a CBR150, Raider150 and MSX125 so can see the appeal to those who buy one.

I would hope it at least handles well.

Edited by ttakata

How much did he pay for the bike?

I am not a great fan of these 150cc sportbikes because a small engine in a big chassis seems dreadfully slow.

It does look nicer than a CBR150, Raider150 and MSX125 so can see the appeal to those who buy one.

I would hope it at least handles well.

85,000B

I saw one of these in Saraburi about two weeks ago. Nice looking bike. It looks a lot lighter and more compact than the CBR150. Not sure how they stack up performance wise but this one's definitely got the edge on looks.