Snake on the Beach

DMC1

Yes, lovely colour too. When it reared up it spread/flattened its head like a cobra does. I was worried as my dogs seemed quite interested! If it is a sea snake then I know they can be dangerous.

Edited by DMC1

I don't know if it's true or not but I have always been told that all varieties of sea snakes have very small jaws. Too small in fact for a normal bite and the only part of the body they can bite is the the thin flesh between fingers.

Having believed it I've been around them a lot in and under water.

Well, it's worked so far so I don't worry about them.

On the other hand I've never seen one go into 'hooded cobra mode' (like the cobra that made it's way into my living room last weekend), in fact they will normally try to avoid you.

Edited by Bpuumike
  • Like 1

it's a Copperhead Racer, found in snake shows up and down the Kingdom....it's a crowd pleaser due to it's aggressive behaviour, always striking very fast. No harmful venom though...

http://bangkokherps.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/copperhead-racer/ Nice job Goshawk...Could not figure it out....MS>

nice little website you found there MS . . . has some nice pics 'n tips, thanks for highlighting it ...thumbsup.gif

edit: btw, reading back posts . . . LennyW is right too . . . radiated rat snake, is another local name for this snake. i should've pointed that out before.

Edited by Goshawk
  • Like 1