Thai Police to arrest more suspects in war weapons-related cases this week

webfact

Police to arrest more suspects in war weapons-related cases this week
By Digital Content

14053095856517.jpg

BANGKOK, July 14 -- The Thai authorities are expected to arrest more persons suspected of committing a series of attacks on demonstrators against the former government of Yingluck Shinawatra earlier this year after detaining a suspected attacker about a week ago, said deputy national police chief Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmoung.

More suspects believed to have staged a series of attacks against demonstrators led by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) against the Yingluck government are expected to be apprehended this week, he said.

They were believed to have been involved in several violent incidents in Bangkok, including a bomb attack in front of a major shopping mall in central Bangkok in February this year in which two children were killed, said Gen Somyos.

His remarks were made after police on July 5 arrested a suspect identified as Narongsak Plaiaram in Bangkok’s neighbouring province of Nonthaburi.

Mr Narongsak was suspected of staging grenade attacks on PDRC-led demonstrators in Bangkok.

His arrest was made as soldiers and police confiscated a large amount of war weapons and possessors on order by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) that seized power on May 22.

Gen Somyot said so far police have arrested 15 suspects on threats to national security while nine others remain on the run. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-14

All these startling revelations and developments

Wonder if Chalerm is singing songs ''Behind Closed Doors.''

My Pink Bentley, My Pink Bentley My Pink Bentley for a song about those who did it wrong.

Apologies to William Shakespeare and Richard the Third for the poetic licence.

• Like 1

ramrod 711 post # 3

I may have been misinformed, naïve as I am I believed all the posters who said that the attacks were all faked and staged by Suthep. I hope Moonao and the rest of the vanishing posters weren't lying to me.

Shame upon you sir or madam for suggesting those vanishing posters may have been a trifle creative in what passed for their logic and their resultant posts along with their economies of the truth too.whistling.gif

• Like 2

All that matters here is that they get to the bottom or the top of it. These attacks were organized by people with an agenda, the average red shirt doesnt think this way, they just follow orders so there are some well established people that need to be found out. It will be interesting to see just how far up the command chain these people are or even if the one pulling the strings was in the country at all.

• Like 1

Posters are quick to join one side or the other.

Nobody cares what color shirt someone is wearing if they murder children.

No one. And no one will ever know if any of the attacks agaist the PDRC were staged. No one, except those that launched the attacks.

It's still lopsided justice. The reds are being hunted, and the yellows throw parties, with Suthep declaring he masterminded the coup years ago -- which the General, of course, denied. I will not hold my breath to wait and see any of the PDRC guards arrested.

They're the flavor of the week. Nobody conveniently remembers PDRC guards that tortured and held a man against his will for days and then threw him in a river to drown. Or the man stabbed into a coma in front of his pregnant wife. Or the man held by the tyhroat at voting station because he wanted to vote. Nope...never happened.

Thailand is trading one pack of thieving liars for another pack of thieving liars. Again.

Posters are quick to join one side or the other. It's a chat room, nothing more.

Hang on. The flavor of the month IS if the news story paints the UDD (as if it isn't the UDD!! haha) in the light that they deserve then it is a fake news story. No longer is it small weapons finds or not enough to start a civil war. The excuses on TVF "evolve" so much that it would make Charles Darwin's theory absolutely irrefutable thus negating any biblical offerings.

I embrace this sincere approach to making you, me and if your in the same situation as me, all of our beautiful innocent children that live and grow up in Thailand safer. It all comes down to security and there is no price on that. No price.

All these fake weapons, fake arrests and fake news stories are a swell propaganda technique spouted from some that love conspiracy theories and cannot stand being proven wrong or facing the fact the UDD are in fact terrorists, but rest assured I live about 200 metres from the apartments that hosted the UDD terrorist cell in Khon Kaen. The rumors I heard before the story broke were not fake. The police and army out the front of the apartment when the arrests happened were not fake. There was nothing fake about the looks on the faces of the terrorists as they were being carted away. Maybe that was all an elaborate staging by the Junta to make eye witnesses believe the grand conspiracy too? And if that was they case they should be making Thai Soapy's……. though their acting was better than the Thai soapy's and there was no sliding whistle sound effect when the UDD members came out in hand cuffs!

Some want us to believe Thailand is now the "Truman Show". It isn't. The narrative the Junta cannot control tell us this. The daily terrorist attacks stopping tell us this and the smile on my ugly yet fatherly sincere face is definitely not fake.

Well done to the Junta again and in the words of Trumam "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night"

PS - If my post does not suit anyones agenda feel free to call it fake. It may well be an imaginary post.

Muppets!!

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

There must have been officers in the RTP at upper levels who physically and verbally gave the orders NOT to investigate any of these attacks or murders.

I mean come on.... hundreds of attacks and not a single positive response from the police or anything more than a statement (and in most cases not even that) saying it will be investigated.

Then after the power seizure the army (with FORCED police help) are nicking people left, right and center.

Yet when a guy uses a gun in a popcorn bag to protect protesters from these same terrorists, the police manage to track him down and arrest him in a couple of weeks.

When will we be seeing the investigation into massive dereliction of duty for something that is no less than collusion to commit terrorist attacks and child murder.

These top police should be investigated and asked the questions right up the ranks as to who gave the orders to refuse investigations of murderers and how far up the ladder does this go.

Right to the top?...... Yingluck???

You think Y is the top ?

More suspects believed to have staged a series of attacks against demonstrators led by the Peoples Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) against the Yingluck government are expected to be apprehended this week, he said.

I may have been misinformed, naïve as I am I believed all the posters who said that the attacks were all faked and staged by Suthep. I hope Moonao and the rest of the vanishing posters weren't lying to me.

on the other paper's website they have names of 7 wanted for the big c bombings.

Thnx the Lord Buddha that the army took over the country, and that many, even the high police chiefs have been convinced the Shinawatra era is over.

If the Sultan of Swing in Dubai was still controlling the country, no arrests would have been made.

• Like 2

All that matters here is that they get to the bottom or the top of it. These attacks were organized by people with an agenda, the average red shirt doesnt think this way, they just follow orders so there are some well established people that need to be found out. It will be interesting to see just how far up the command chain these people are or even if the one pulling the strings was in the country at all.

the average red shirt doesnt think this way

Maybe not, but their leaders that celebrated the murders in Trat certainly do.

My Pink Bentley, My Pink Bentley My Pink Bentley for a song about those who did it wrong.

now you learn it how to speak poetry.

How are these poor farmers from the north east able to afford to buy military weapons including grenades and grenade launchers?

Where was it ever been suggested that poor farmers had these weapons ?

Those who had (still have) them will have been on someone's pay role and will have been supplied with the weapons.

This has already been borne out by the gent that was arrested saying he was paid between 3000 and 5000 baht for each attack.

It will be shown that those involved are not farmers or rural people but urban hoons already well versed in thugery who had been recruited for the job.

The more arrests the police make, the more confessions they can get. The more confessions they get, the more arrests they can make. Gradually, the confessions will begin to implicate the next higher layer of command and then, like dominoes, the whole rotten conspiracy will fall. This might be a tedious and politically difficult job for the police but for the future of Thailand, it is essential to remove all these 'third hand' elements that Dr. Thaksin always said were controlled by the opposition to his puppet governments. Dr. Thaksin is a propagandist of the first order. If he says yes, I think no and vice versa. Thaksin has not given up! The battle is unending as long as Dr. Thaksin is alive. Because as long as Dr. Thaksin is alive, there will be the danger of his corrupting influence, with the power of his billions of Baht, on the greedy and the weak-minded/weak-willed.

• Like 1

Mind you "there would have been a time for such a word." , but after watching "Blackadder, back and forth" I gather no apologies necessary. Unlike British teenagers I never had to suffer Shakespeare much though.wink.png

Posters are quick to join one side or the other.

Nobody cares what color shirt someone is wearing if they murder children.

No one. And no one will ever know if any of the attacks agaist the PDRC were staged. No one, except those that launched the attacks.

It's still lopsided justice. The reds are being hunted, and the yellows throw parties, with Suthep declaring he masterminded the coup years ago -- which the General, of course, denied. I will not hold my breath to wait and see any of the PDRC guards arrested.

They're the flavor of the week. Nobody conveniently remembers PDRC guards that tortured and held a man against his will for days and then threw him in a river to drown. Or the man stabbed into a coma in front of his pregnant wife. Or the man held by the tyhroat at voting station because he wanted to vote. Nope...never happened.

Thailand is trading one pack of thieving liars for another pack of thieving liars. Again.

Posters are quick to join one side or the other. It's a chat room, nothing more.

Totally agree there thumbsup.gif

All of a sudden it doesn't matter what colour shirt, or if perpetrators are already brought to court to hear charges.

No, better to suggest that both sides are similar, a bit of obfuscation here and there and hope all will forget the topic is on the 'unknowns' who only targeting anti-government protesters and mainly through cowardly attacks in the night. Only a few kids killed, can't be too bad in comparision to that menacing popcorn shooter.

Better to stress those stories told by CAPO, Pol Captain Chalerm, CAPO chief advisor Dept. PM, MoFA Surapong.

BTW did we ever get details on the case where a victim recognised a PDRC leader? After three days of torture and a bit of waterboarding. Allegedly that is.