Hello,

let's say. I have a thai child but not married to his mother. Could I also obtain a Thai Non O visa? The child is now 1 year old and has only thai citizenship. I have his birth certificate of the thai hospital where he was born which mentions me as father.

Yes, the non-O visa is given also for the purpose of travelling to Thailand to visit a child of Thai nationality. Ask they consulate where you plan to apply about their exact requirements.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You need the birth certificate issued by a Amphoe. The one from the hospital is not official.

With just your name on the birth certiificate you could get a single entry non-o at most Thai embassies and consulates. You would also need a copy of their house book (tambien ban). You can also get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your child for any type of entry.

The get a multiple entry non-o or a one year extension of stay you would need to have your parenthood legitimized. See: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

You need the birth certificate issued by a Amphoe. The one from the hospital is not official.

With just your name on the birth certiificate you could get a single entry non-o at most Thai embassies and consulates. You would also need a copy of their house book (tambien ban). You can also get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your child for any type of entry.

The get a multiple entry non-o or a one year extension of stay you would need to have your parenthood legitimized. See: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

Right now I am with a ED visa. This will expire end of august. Can I get this mentioned 60 days extension?

If I will get this certificate issued by a Amphoe. Can I even convert my ED Visa to a Non-O visa without leaving the country?

You can get the 60 day extension with the official birth certificate and a copy of your child's house book. They will need to go with you to immigration.

You cannot change non immigrant visas classes.

If you have documents proving you are the legal father of your child you could change to an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need to meet the financial requirements of 400k baht in a Thai bank or 40k baht income.

Edit: That sounds like the official birth certificate. Does it have the same garuda at the top of the page.

Hi ubonjoe. Thanks for your help by the way.

I attached the paper which I have. I grayed out most stuff.

Maybe I should mention that my name is shown only in Thai letters and it shows my age ('Age' not birth date) and nationality. As my address it only says "Address in germany" and ID number is empty.

post-109053-0-99322400-1405388624_thumb.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Ok thanks. And how about the matter that my name is only in thai letters and it doesn't mention my birthdate (only my Age at his birth date) and and passport or id-card number.

So it only shows my name (in thai letters), age, and my citizenship

As far as I know they never put a persons name in any other language than Thai.

If I recall correctly they just put age on them no date of birth.

You don't have a Thai ID number so they could not put anything in that space.