Electric Rates

gmac

Thought I'd share this as the topic has been raised many times. This site http://www.mea.or.th/home/index.php?l=en for the Metropolitan Electricity Authority includes a full listing of electric tariffs as well as a calculator which enables you to see how your bill is broken down. (It's in Thai & English) Open the page and click on the 'About Electricity Bills' heading at the top of the page.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, i can see that other members might benefit from this, but maybe i'm unusual in the fact that i gets my bin and

just pay it whatever the amount,bear in mind that i have a thai lady who leaves the bathroom light on after showering and watches tv for sometimes 5 hours a day,do you think i could maybe get her a job and then not need this calculater because i would actually save money and more importantly have more free time to escape for more leo lol.clap2.gif

Thanks for the link, i can see that other members might benefit from this, but maybe i'm unusual in the fact that i gets my bin and

just pay it whatever the amount,bear in mind that i have a thai lady who leaves the bathroom light on after showering and watches tv for sometimes 5 hours a day,do you think i could maybe get her a job and then not need this calculater because i would actually save money and more importantly have more free time to escape for more leo lol.clap2.gif

Methinks your response drips with more than a little sarcasm! biggrin.png

Many thanks for the link ...

I have been wondering about my electricity bill for a long time.

I have a large house with a pool, and consume about 2500 Kwh per month.

So I fall in to the "1.2 Normal tariff with consumption exceeding 150 kWh per month" category, and the numbers almost make sense.

Except, in addition to the tarif listed on the website, I have another line item on my bill, it specifically lists and additional 0.69 baht per kwh.

I can not figure out what that means.

So for last month, I used 2588 kwh.

I get charged per table 1.2 9998,90 baht.

Than they add an additional 1782.72 baht (0.69 @ 2588)

And than 7% vat

So the total bill comes to 12,609.54

Anybody has something similar ?

thanks,

luudee

Except, in addition to the tarif listed on the website, I have another line item on my bill, it specifically lists and additional 0.69 baht per kwh.

The .69 baht/unit is the fuel tariff (fuel tax based on costs for fuel to produce the electricity). That value is standard nation wide.

http://www.mea.or.th/profile/index.php?l=en&tid=3&mid=2986&pid=2985

• Like 1

Many thanks for the link ...

I have been wondering about my electricity bill for a long time.

I have a large house with a pool, and consume about 2500 Kwh per month.

So I fall in to the "1.2 Normal tariff with consumption exceeding 150 kWh per month" category, and the numbers almost make sense.

I can not figure out what that means.

So for last month, I used 2588 kwh.

I get charged per table 1.2 9998,90 baht.

Than they add an additional 1782.72 baht (0.69 @ 2588)

And than 7% vat

So the total bill comes to 12,609.54

Anybody has something similar ?

thanks,

luudee

There is a calculator page within the MEA website as well http://www.mea.or.th/aboutelectric/index.php?l=en&tid=4&mid=280&pid=116&ctForm=form12 where you can insert your own reading and it gives the full breakdown of the charge. The Ft charge rate/unit, as Tywais mentioned, needs to be entered as 69 satang.

Edited by gmac
  • Like 1