New makro

Brit_Doggie

Has anyone visited the new makro in north pattaya road.

Yesterday i did and omg was i dissapointed whilst it large but nowhere as large as the one towards jomtien on sukhumvit road,

The range of products for sale was considerbly less than the larger store added to this,they wouldnt accept visa card cash only

as to whether card is accepted at the other store i have never tried it, or maybe it a case of still being quite new the store is not equipped with the electronic card readers.

Anyway the carpark is huge and there were only 4 cars and maybe 10 to 15 motorbikes,so maybe the emporium will extend the building making use of the desolate parking area and extend the product range accordingly,who knows.

But wait a moment i forgot this is thailand and everything is the opposite of what is intended.smile.png

I love the new macro...just food and basic household supplies so easy to find everything and not the cluster-<deleted> like at the Jomtien location. As you point out, lots of close convenient parking. For me personally, also much more convenient location. None of the macros take credit/ATM cards. There are ATMs available if you find yourself short.

• Like 2

I love the new macro...just food and basic household supplies so easy to find everything and not the cluster-<deleted> like at the Jomtien location. As you point out, lots of close convenient parking. For me personally, also much more convenient location. None of the macros take credit/ATM cards. There are ATMs available if you find yourself short.

Thx for the gen re:- credit card/ATM cards,not finding myself short just wanted to try it thats all,i agree with you over the convenient location as is the same for me living close to bigC on pattaya klang,i was unreliably informed by a thai shop owner that the new makro was the same setup as the larger store hence my original dissapointment,and like you will visit it again,and as you also point out no clutter.

Please keep it quiet that ATMS are available as it was i had to keep my thai gf blindfolded during my expediition, otherwise i would have needed a truck to carry my goods home.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Went there and liked it ,got some lovely bacon steaks that they were selling cheap(i.me a cheap charlie) as they were going out of date ,paid 99 baht ,real price 220 ,a few days later went back and paid full price ,they were delicious , also the fruit and veg was great ,nice to pop in there instead of travelling so far.

I went there Saturday for a quick look, as I live in naklua so it`s nearby.

Bought a few items and will go back

It seems a useful addition to naklua/north pattaya shopping options.

A fair few customers there at the time of my visit.

smile.png