KFC closes three outlets in deep South

webfact

KFC closes three outlets in deep South

7-16-2014-10-53-54-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- KFC officially announced the closure of its three outlets in Pattani and Yala provinces after it could not complete needed renovations to meet operational standards.

The restaurant operator KFC said the closures of two stores in Pattani and one in Yala were only temporary, but gave no indication how long the shutdowns would last.

In the interim, it has relocated 13 employees to other stores.

KFC said in its statement released Tuesday that the three stores, which have been operating for 10 years, need renovations that cannot be done due to continuing violence in the provinces.

“Present local circumstances make it hard to perform any repair or renovation work, as well as regular equipment maintenance, due to difficulties in transportation and finding staff and contractors to work in the area,” the restaurant chain said.

While the restaurants are closed, KFC will find “more-suitable” locations and study solutions to its problems with its operations, which require regular equipment checks, maintenance and certification, it said.

KFC said it offered all its Pattani and Yala employees a relocation programme that included a new position and relocation to other stores. Thirteen workers opted for the new posts.

KFC also stressed it remained committed to Thailand and has plans to open 50 outlets in the kingdom this year, including 10 in the South.

Currently, KFC operates 500 restaurants in Thailand, with 65 of them in the southern region. It plans to add an additional 10 southern stores in 2015, it said.

(Pic : file photo)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/kfc-closes-three-outlets-deep-south/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-16

• Like 1

KFC also stressed it remained committed to Thailand and has plans to open 50 outlets in the kingdom this year, including 10 in the South.

Thailand is a goldmine for KFC...Thais l.....o.....v......e Colonel Sanders.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I hope they all close. Bad food from a bad company.

Agreed. Close them all and then move on to the 50+ McDonalds in BKK alone...., and then...., Oh, too many to list.

• Like 1

So...if I understand this thread correctly...the terrorists have done a service to the community...these establishments would not stay in business if they did not have customers...apparently not everyone wishes to eat rice and noodles everyday...

Great! That leaves a much needed business niche for those Hitler Fried Chicken outlets - location, location, location!!!! thumbsup.gif

Talking of which I saw this advertisement in Thai Watsadu yesterday, I was gobsmacked when I saw it lol.

post-152411-0-05486600-1405511165_thumb.

Great! That leaves a much needed business niche for those Hitler Fried Chicken outlets - location, location, location!!!! thumbsup.gif

Talking of which I saw this advertisement in Thai Watsadu yesterday, I was gobsmacked when I saw it lol.

You can bet your life our Blackman got those pearly whites from here years ago.post-9891-0-69850900-1405520795_thumb.jp

Gone now but renamed Darlie.

Some folks here just don't get it.

Doo dah doo dah, oh doo dah day.

• Like 1

You can bet your life our Blackman got those pearly whites from here years ago.attachicon.gifdark.jpg

that's incredible, obviously I've seen the toothpaste (even bought it a few times) and it never occurred to me origins of the un-Thai brand name but it should have clicked by how close to the original it is. I'm not racist but I'm laughing at the bare faced cheek of it here in Thailand, political correctness doesn't exist here.

There are many they don't even meet the standard, still in operation, I can name few extremely slow servuce closing befer closing time, if you ask for originsl they insist you eat what's ready the crispy one, and most if all, these are not healthy anyway

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Great! That leaves a much needed business niche for those Hitler Fried Chicken outlets - location, location, location!!!! alt=thumbsup.gif>

You can bet your life our Blackman got those pearly whites from here years ago.attachicon.gifdark.jpg

I still have a couple of boxes of Darkie that I picked up in Malaysia in the 70"s. Thought they might be an item of interest back here in the USA.

As much as we all hate Maccas, KFC, Burger King etc... (and starbucks good god.) It should be noted that these places actually do some good in the places they are established. They bring an enhanced level of security. That's why in the back woods wild west places you don't find them... 'cos the local authorities can't guarantee that the managers and staff won't be robbed, killed and the stores burnt down on a regular basis. Deals to enter the provinces are done at a very high level of government. A company like maccas will seek written assurances from the very highest people (ministerial level) that they will receive the local support and security they need to run a business, (and reward their huge investments). I can't wait for these types of places to come to the place I live (and they are slowly), because it means that no longer will gangsters roam the streets, extorting money from all and sundry. No longer will drug dealers rule the schools, and the burglars and robbers will have to move to greener pastures. So from this stand-point, this is a very grave development in the southern situation, and one that will have repercussions throughout the whole area.

• Like 1