Income letter for retirement visa in Patts

loppylugs1

Thanks for the replies,looks as if it BKK then

Used to hold the 800.000 in bank ,but now chewing my way through it. The income letter the British embassy supplies ,do I just show my income through bank statements etc. ?

Probably still got a fair bit in, so a combination of the two I think.

Use Darren at Key Visa. Supply him with bank statements (copies). They go to UK Embassy every Wed (?). They take all papers/passport copies etc. Get it back the following week & then you pay. Excellent service despite rip-off fee from robbing bastards at UK Embassy BKK.

• Like 2

Went Austrian consul,Swedish consul in pattaya 4th july resulting answers as follows Cannot do go bangkok, Will not do for income out of sweden.

After those 2 visits went to key visa,get letter tomorrow.

Posted this on another thread but hey you got it now..coffee1.gif

Edited by Brit_Doggie

I tried the Swedish consulate and they refused so we have to stay with the rip off British Embassy letter. Key Visa offer a very good service for getting the letter from BKK.

I just sent it EMS to the British Embassy. 49 baht. Posted on a Monday and got it back the following Monday.

I tried the Swedish consulate and they refused so we have to stay with the rip off British Embassy letter. Key Visa offer a very good service for getting the letter from BKK.

I just sent it EMS to the British Embassy. 49 baht. Posted on a Monday and got it back the following Monday.

Was it 12 months of bank statements? ..and how did you pay?presumably giving your card details in the mailing, return postage included?

Thanks

• Like 1

There is something here I do not understand the Canadian Consulate here in Chiang Mai charges 1500 bahts for the letter plus the trip out to the city's edge. How can one get a private service to do the same thing for 300 bahts. Is there one available in Chiang Mai??

Use Darren at Key Visa. Supply him with bank statements (copies). They go to UK Embassy every Wed (?). They take all papers/passport copies etc. Get it back the following week & then you pay. Excellent service despite rip-off fee from robbing bastards at UK Embassy BKK.

Its 2,600 to get an affirmation letter from uk embassy Bangkok, and can do by post, fill in form on website,after printing it off.

I phoned the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya yesterday, answer was no, cannot do income verification letter for British nationals.

I`ll likely use the Key visa service to obtain income verification from the UK Embassy in BKK.

There is something here I do not understand the Canadian Consulate here in Chiang Mai charges 1500 bahts for the letter plus the trip out to the city's edge. How can one get a private service to do the same thing for 300 bahts. Is there one available in Chiang Mai??

No the British Embassy charges around 2500 plus Baht.

The 300 Baht is for the agent to do the leg work for you.

1600 is pretty good!smile.png

I phoned the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya yesterday, answer was no, cannot do income verification letter for British nationals.

I`ll likely use the Key visa service to obtain income verification from the UK Embassy in BKK.

You can do by post, 2,600 baht, back withing 10 days, and download forms from internet, easy,

Was it 12 months of bank statements? ..and how did you pay?presumably giving your card details in the mailing, return postage included?

Thanks

No bank statements, just letters from pension providers. Payment is by postal order. All the details are on the embassy website.

Thanks

No bank statements, just letters from pension providers. Payment is by postal order. All the details are on the embassy website.

Not according to Key visa,bank statements are OK

Thanks

Not according to Key visa,bank statements are OK

You asked what I did, and I told you. Entirely up to you what you send.

... But for 300 baht key visa (across from Big C Pattaya Tai) can. (they get it from the embassy)

And is Key Visa managed by a relative of someone who works at the UK Embassy... rolleyes.gif

2'600 seems very excessive already, but having to pay a private company moreover is just abusive... IMHO.

Ok. I am lucky; I am not for UK and get this Income Letter for free from my Embassy smile.png

PS: Nearly free: I have to pay for stamps: 2x 6 bahts wink.png

... But for 300 baht key visa (across from Big C Pattaya Tai) can. (they get it from the embassy)

And is Key Visa managed by a relative of someone who works at the UK Embassy... rolleyes.gif

2'600 seems very excessive already, but having to pay a private company moreover is just abusive... IMHO.

Ok. I am lucky; I am not for UK and get this Income Letter for free from my Embassy smile.png

2500 plus is what it is -we do not have a choice.

You do not have to pay a private company to do it -It is another choice for those who want to use it.

Some do - some dont.

Thought i would input further,a prirvate firm namely darren at key visa charges an additional fee of 300 baht so the amount paid is currently 2,820 baht similar costing as using the postal system.

Darren at one time did approx 30 income letter applications in bangkok per week,and at a guess i should imagine it closer to fifty or more,so for him a nice little earner.

Thats how it's done.

And no he not a relative of mine or of anyone within the embassy,to my knowledge but he has an agreement with them to act as agent.

But hey darren please adopt me and wine and dine me you rich begger.violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

Edited by Brit_Doggie

I chose to take the deposit route.

There will be snow on Jomtien beach before I donate 2500B to the UK consulate for them to rubber-stamp a piece of paper. I would rather move to Cambodia.

There will be snow on Jomtien beach before I donate 2500B to the UK consulate for them to rubber-stamp a piece of paper. I would rather move to Cambodia.

What is it £16.000 or somewhere around that?,now interest rates are virtually on the move in the UK you could easily gain more than that in interest in a bond Premium bonds for one,have about that amount in,on av I get £50 a month,I do wheeling and dealing on the stock market,with that Barclay's bank shares they are at a low,good dividends,few hundred a year at least,could go on but not jesting,you could do a lot with that 800.000 baht

What is it £16.000 or somewhere around that?,now interest rates are virtually on the move in the UK you could easily gain more than that in interest in a bond Premium bonds for one,have about that amount in,on av I get £50 a month,I do wheeling and dealing on the stock market,with that Barclay's bank shares they are at a low,good dividends,few hundred a year at least,could go on but not jesting,you could do a lot with that 800.000 baht

Could also add you could make a decent profit on those shares too

Up to you - we all make our own choices.

Out of interest what passport / embassy letter for 12 Baht do you use?

Edited by pontious

What is it £16.000 or somewhere around that?,now interest rates are virtually on the move in the UK you could easily gain more than that in interest in a bond ....

I get interest on my deposit here. Not as much as I used to get here a year or two ago (3.8%) but still more than I could get for a similar deposit in the UK.

Anyway, it's a matter of principle.