what truck does the cbr 250-300 fit into leagaly

charlie42

Hello members

Its time to upgrade the good old vios for a truck.

I was wonder if any of you guys could tell me what truck the cbr can fit into

with the tail gate closed as i would like to take her with me on longer trips

Also to dicourage the bib from taking advantage of the (rich farang)

I like th vigo, i guess hilander would come in second.

Regards

Charlie

There is no law I am aware of requiring the gate to be up.

You can do it Thai style and put the bike in sideways, on the side stand, then it should fit any truck with the gate up. You can also consider getting a bed extender. They are pretty widely available here.

amp_research_bed_extender_hd_black.jpg

it is always best to carry a bike in a van. no fines, no bs, no constant flapping of bike covers, no rain, no sun. plus you always have a small lounge wherever you go and unload your bike, especially good for track days. They can get two big sport bikes - but only one big chopper - and still 5 people can fit in nicely. And also, your bike, gears ans tools will be secure as them being in closed and locked environment.

Plus they are as sturdy as a truck and can go anywhere a 4*2 truck can go for normal roads even mild trails are OK but sure it is not 4*4.

I am also looking for such a vehicle, it might be my first cage in Thailand and first for the last 15 years! I am eyeing Nissan Urvan 2003 models and above. Efficient, reliable, lots of room, easy to drive, cheap to service and 25 percent cheaper than Toyota commuter vans. Toyota commuter vans looks and perform better but at least 150 k thb more than Nissan Urvan with similar year.

you can get a good one for 230 - 300 k and resale value of these are not falling down fast. good values IMO.

Here are some example for you:

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1433428

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1428253

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1428754

Edited by ll2

Get a van if it is all about carrying things. If not get an extra cab. Sport bikes fit extra cabs.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was thinking extra cab, i just was not sure if it would fit in.smile.png

There is no law I am aware of requiring the gate to be up.

You can do it Thai style and put the bike in sideways, on the side stand, then it should fit any truck with the gate up. You can also consider getting a bed extender. They are pretty widely available here.

amp_research_bed_extender_hd_black.jpg

I may be wrong, but im sure i read here on tv about motorway cops stopping trucks with

the tail down. now that i know she will fit into an extra cab sideways im happy

Im not a lover of the 2 seater trucks. a nice high vigo extra cab is on the cards.

I like the look and can also get the deisel's chiped for more BHP.smile.png

^ The second link looks nice, it already has the vinyl floors and back seats removed. Hell you can even sleep in there on a mat beside your bike when traveling. wink.png

exactly. for example, put your dirt bikes in and go for camping and riding wherever you want.

or go to track day and you have a lounge.

and i feel better in cages with more room inside. This fits me well and 225 k thb is a cool price as well. I have a chance to hire my van to my company too which might offset its price within 3 years.

it is always best to carry a bike in a van. no fines, no bs, no constant flapping of bike covers, no rain, no sun. plus you always have a small lounge wherever you go and unload your bike, especially good for track days. They can get two big sport bikes - but only one big chopper - and still 5 people can fit in nicely. And also, your bike, gears ans tools will be secure as them being in closed and locked environment.

Plus they are as sturdy as a truck and can go anywhere a 4*2 truck can go for normal roads even mild trails are OK but sure it is not 4*4.

I am also looking for such a vehicle, it might be my first cage in Thailand and first for the last 15 years! I am eyeing Nissan Urvan 2003 models and above. Efficient, reliable, lots of room, easy to drive, cheap to service and 25 percent cheaper than Toyota commuter vans. Toyota commuter vans looks and perform better but at least 150 k thb more than Nissan Urvan with similar year.

you can get a good one for 230 - 300 k and resale value of these are not falling down fast. good values IMO.

Here are some example for you:

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1433428

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1428253

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1428754

Its true this type of transport has it's avantages,but also disadvantages too.

being the owner of a 1992 hiace which is a simular size and shape i

also carried dirt bikes in the back.

for sure you will have to have all the side windows paneled off with plywood or

you will find yourself replacing windows, even straped down well, there is the load and

unloading of the bikes, accidents do happen

The Nissan may not be as strong as toyota but as long as you not working it every day

putting huge kms on it it a good option.

The problem will be finding one that has low kms on it.

these commutter vans are drove 14 hours a day buy young thai men at break neck speed.

Also, I'm not saying clocking does not go on in other countrys, but here its common place.

A thai member of the mrs family recently bought a 10-15 year old izuzi 7 seater jeep

it had 124,000 kms on the clock and very little leather left on the drivers seat, wear and tear everywhere facepalm.gif

when i bought the vios, i must have looked at at least 40 cars over the space of 3 weeks.

you would not belive the death traps people were trying to pass off as good road worthy cars.

In Thailand there very good at making a heap of sh_t look good on the outside

I was genuinely shocked, all with between 120,000 to 130,000 on the clock w00t.gif ( yeah right...NOT! )

if you know what to look for you will be fine, if not be carefull.

I have also read of guys bringing a thai mecanic with them and the sellers trying to pay

off the mecanic to tell the buyer the car is good.

For me i think i will go with the vigo extra cab this time around.

good luck and safe motoring

Charlie

• Like 1