How much is my house & land worth?

corkman

You have the answer.

The house is worth nothing, to you. Nobody wants a second hand house.

The land may well be 'worth; something...but not to you

Your wife will clean up when she chooses

The opening of the bridges in Mukdahan and Nakhon Phanom have sent people dotty.

It may or may not change!

Get your wife/gf to ask the bank!

If you want to know the value of the plots,just put a "FOR SALE"

notice (in Thai) out front,and see what/if any response you get,

and see what offers you receive ,then you will have some idea of what

its worth, and it will cost you nothing.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Given other factors have remained constant (e.g. new development/roads in the area/employment), it won't be worth much more after 3 years. It's worth what people are willing to pay - and many of the wealthier folks want new houses, not second hand. many houses are for sale in my village, and I don't think any have been sold yet (this is 10-15 mins drive from Central Chanegwattana). They are just buying houses in new villages around here. A local village house will be even harder to sell because they potential buyers are not so wealthy and don't want to pay much.

If you want to know the value of the plots,just put a "FOR SALE"

notice (in Thai) out front,and see what/if any response you get,

and see what offers you receive ,then you will have some idea of what

its worth, and it will cost you nothing.

regards Worgeordie

When have you ever seen a house in an Isaan village with a "For Sale" sign outside? Land for sale, yes, but I've never seen a house for sale sign outside a village property.

Good luck trying it though, it could work.

• Like 1

As far as I know most "village" houses are family houses and are simply passed down from one generation to the next. in fact generally the child who elected to stay home and look after the parents in old age are the ones who inherit the house. Correct me if I am wrong but thats why not many are ever up for sale.

HL biggrin.png

• Like 2

As far as I know most "village" houses are family houses and are simply passed down from one generation to the next. in fact generally the child who elected to stay home and look after the parents in old age are the ones who inherit the house. Correct me if I am wrong but thats why not many are ever up for sale.

HL biggrin.png

That and the fact that village Thais don't want somebody else's old house for many reasons including face and ghosts, as per usual. smile.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

first off, you own nothing, as you cannot own land ... unless you are thai

second, you might try to sell all to a love sick farang puppy who fell in love with the next bargirl and thinking with the little head instead of the big one and has to rescue her and buy her a house & some land, in her name off course

The OP is asking for responses from someone who might have a idea on current prices. Why do people feel the need to start the same, old, boring story about the farang-bargirl, who got taken for a ride. There are many, many happily married couples. Just because the land title is in the wife's name, that doesn't mean that the husband/wife can't mutually decide on when to sell and what to do with the money afterwards.

In theory I'm sure that I can fly, but I think that's never gonna happen.

Between 700k and 1.5M (400-600k for the village home, the rest for the land away from village)

Depending on how useful the land would be.

I have 5 rai of paddy, worth about 30k/rai on a good day (100m from the village).

I also have 30 rai of forest, worth 3k/rai (10Km from the village).

PS

Family often cheat foreigners on land prices, at least x2 when a foreigner is paying.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was thinking the land probably ain't worth much more than was paid for it (circa 300k). But the house has probably doubled as space in the village has become limited and probably the land it is on, rather than the house itself, has increased in value. The Land plot is enough to split in half (its a double plot accessible from front and back), so that would be attractive to some folk I guess. The house is far from the nicest in the village, so I am sure the plot of land would have a bit of demand and hence push the value up a little.

Of course, as henksteeghsth implies - anything in life is only worth what the highest bidder will pay for it....

Thanks again - any further input from others would be appreciated.

A building in Thailand doesn't appreciate in price over time, it only depreciates because of the substandard build quality, but your land may rise a bit in value.

Between 700k and 1.5M (400-600k for the village home, the rest for the land away from village)

I have 5 rai of paddy, worth about 30k/rai on a good day (100m from the village).

PS

Family often cheat foreigners on land prices, at least x2 when a foreigner is paying.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was thinking the land probably ain't worth much more than was paid for it (circa 300k). But the house has probably doubled as space in the village has become limited and probably the land it is on, rather than the house itself, has increased in value. The Land plot is enough to split in half (its a double plot accessible from front and back), so that would be attractive to some folk I guess. The house is far from the nicest in the village, so I am sure the plot of land would have a bit of demand and hence push the value up a little.

Of course, as henksteeghsth implies - anything in life is only worth what the highest bidder will pay for it....

A building in Thailand doesn't appreciate in price over time, it only depreciates because of the substandard build quality, but your land may rise a bit in value.

I disagree, houses in town appreciate in value. I had 4 potential buyers within a week of deciding to sell one of our city properties at a very reasonable profit.

PS

I disagree, houses in town appreciate in value. I had 4 potential buyers within a week of deciding to sell one of our city properties at a very reasonable profit.

I take it that your city property was not build on land but was floating in the air, or would you otherwise be able to accept that your profit was realized because the land price had appreciated?

• Like 1

the only way to have an idea what property is worth is look at what other property in the area is sold for . that is how it is done in the rest of the world

and the other idea is to look at the neighbours each side.

how many dogs and cats.w00t.gif do they bark all night.do the cats fight.

Just what a fool will pay you

No one. It's NOT his house and land. What ever he is thinking.

Actually if he paid for the house, it is his house.

If he chooses to demolish it, and has all the receipts as proof he paid, not even the police can stop him from knocking it to the ground.

HL biggrin.png

That and the fact that village Thais don't want somebody else's old house for many reasons including face and ghosts, as per usual. smile.png

My experience.

We have (my wife) has a house on the West side of Korat on an estate. There have been a few houses up for sale on the estate for years, including a house with a shop which has been advertised on line. There are hundreds and hundreds of new houses being built to the point where the area has changed dramatically since 13 years ago when the house was built from new.

So, not easy to sell (in that area at least).

Land. Totally different story.

We purchased 17 rai of farmland North West of Korat for about 600K about 8 years ago, was made an offer to sell it for 3M recently.

Not looking at selling anything.

It will all be passed onto our children.

Just what a fool will pay you

No one. It's NOT his house and land. What ever he is thinking.

Actually if he paid for the house, it is his house.

If he chooses to demolish it, and has all the receipts as proof he paid, not even the police can stop him from knocking it to the ground.

I would like to see this man knocking down this house. The owner of the land can tell him to p... off he is trespassing. And the police would certainly not help him.

If he wants to demolish the house he MUST have a contract with the contractor and the land MUST be his ( leasing). Or doing it on the owners behalf. And that I think never is gonna happen.

Edited by Norlund