Will Samui immigration give me a little leeway?

I have 2 blank pages in my passport and 2 half pages.

If I apply for a 30 day extension I would need them to stamp in one of my half pages.

I was even thinking about getting 2 sticky notes to cover my blank pages and asking a Thai friend to write something like 'please leave blank as I'm leaving Thailand in 30 days and need 2 blank pages for my onward travels'

Would they be okay with this, or do you think they would rip out the sticky note and ruin a blank page for the fun of it?

The answer will ultimately determine whether or not I'll go for the 30 days or just leave a month early.

Thank you

I cannot really answer the question because I would say that it depends on how they feel on the day.

Dress smart, talk respectfully and and generally act in a courteous way - you will be surprised at the results sometimes. (I once got 'bumped' to the front of an incoming immigration queue because the officer recognised me from my outward trip!) Nice chap.

Just a trick that worked for me a few times - do you have any pages with a 'large' stick-on visa on them? eg Cambodia, India, Vietnam. Carefully peel off the old expired visa - wallah, you have another blank page. It worked for me.

Good luck - let us know how you get on please. wai.gif

• Like 1

Agree with above. If someone notices that the visa has been removed, you "defaced the document and you might just end up with no valid travel documents!

So will the sticker be a good idea for each blank page?

The only difference it will make is that I'll have to go to one country instead of having the choice of two, but it would still be nice to have the choice.

Hello finy,

I have always found them ok. Their English is reasonable. It's a small office, so sometimes it's a bit crowded, and they often have several people trying to talk them at once. Despite all that, they always seem to remain polite and patient. I am sure that if you behave in a similar way towards them that they will help you.

If you decide to put in labels, with a comment in Thai, I would suggest that they are non sticky ones. Alternatively, you could have the sticky labels handy, and then ask the lady at the front desk for her permission to let you put them in to remind whoever processes your application in the back office. If you do ask her with a smile, she may well agree to your request.

Edited to add final paragraph

Edited by silver sea
  • Like 2

Double entry tourist, still on first entry.

Tbh I think I'm just going to head to Vietnam next month.

Can't be bothered with the hassle.

I'll come back to Samui another day.

• Like 1

I've always found the Thai immigration service to be pretty good as to where they place stamps.

I agree notmyself.

I remember once that I did not have an empty full page for my new Thai visa. (Lots of partial ones though.) The nice guy just carefully peeled off an old Thai visa and stuck in the new one. Sorted.

Apparently at that point I became a criminal but that was a comment in another thread.

I cannot really answer the question because I would say that it depends on how they feel on the day.

Dress smart, talk respectfully and and generally act in a courteous way - you will be surprised at the results sometimes. (I once got 'bumped' to the front of an incoming immigration queue because the officer recognised me from my outward trip!) Nice chap.

Just a trick that worked for me a few times - do you have any pages with a 'large' stick-on visa on them? eg Cambodia, India, Vietnam. Carefully peel off the old expired visa - wallah, you have another blank page. It worked for me.

Good luck - let us know how you get on please. wai.gif

Previous reports on TV of people doing this and their passport being declared "dead" by Cambodia immigration next time they attempted to enter if the stickers had not been retained.