July 17, 201412 yr Hi Im confused by Marriage visa rules. Do i need 400k in bank or 400k + evidence of 40k/month? According to this http://www.thaivisa.com/non-imm-o-marriage.html ... Letter from the applicant’s company to certify salary that the applicant receives not less than 40,000 baht per month (identifier position and salary) or 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account, these funds must have been in the account for a minimum term of 2 months.So... just the deposit is OK right? How about if I get a Kasikorn Bank account and sign up for their share dealing and invest the money in Thai stocks? Is that OK? Edited July 17, 201412 yr by BuffaloRescue
July 17, 201412 yr 400K in the Bank OR proof of 40K per month. At least that was the case as of my last renewal. I will be renewing again and will be using the 40K per month route again.
July 17, 201412 yr Its not a marriage visa, its an extension for long stay.You are correct, but you can use a combination of income and money in thai bank up to 400,000 baht
July 17, 201412 yr Its not a marriage visa, its an extension for long stay.You are correct, but you can use a combination of income and money in thai bank up to 400,000 baht Don't think so............... Retirement yes.
July 17, 201412 yr Its not a marriage visa, its an extension for long stay.You are correct, but you can use a combination of income and money in thai bank up to 400,000 baht Not correct, for marriage extension it is 40K/m OR 400,000 in the bank your name only. Standard term deposits are allowed
July 17, 201412 yr Its not a marriage visa, its an extension for long stay.You are correct, but you can use a combination of income and money in thai bank up to 400,000 baht Don't think so............... Retirement yes. Combination method is only accepted for retirement purpose.
July 17, 201412 yr It is 40k baht income or 400K baht in Thai bank in your name only for 60 days. It has to be in a standard saving account or it can be in a fixed term account that allows you to remove the money at any time with no penalty other than loss of interest. There is no combination of money in the bank and income allowed.
July 17, 201412 yr Hi All, I'm a Malaysian, my wife is Thai and i have one daughter aged 7 years old. I have a thai marriage certificate. Is that OK if I just proof that I have an income of above 40 baht per mth? I have thai bank account but my account did not have 400K. All this while I have never apply for Non-O Thai Visa as I work in the Cambodia-Thai border and Myanmar-Thai border. Please advise. Appreciate your valuable advise. Thanks
July 17, 201412 yr Hi All, I'm a Malaysian, my wife is Thai and i have one daughter aged 7 years old. I have a thai marriage certificate. Is that OK if I just proof that I have an income of above 40 baht per mth? I have thai bank account but my account did not have 400K. All this while I have never apply for Non-O Thai Visa as I work in the Cambodia-Thai border and Myanmar-Thai border. Please advise. Appreciate your valuable advise. Thanks If you have 40k baht income that you can prove by way of a income letter from the Malaysian embassy you can apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage. You will need a single entry non-o visa to apply for the extension. You can also covert to a non immigrant visa entry at the immigration office in Bangkok but you would need 15 days remaining on your entry when you apply.
July 17, 201412 yr Thanks for the valuable information. So I have to get proof of income letter from Malaysia Embassy in Bangkok (as a proof of my income) and bring it back to Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur to apply for Non-O Thai Multiple Visa in order to stay longer in Thailand. This is my first application. So the next renew visa can be done in Bangkok. Thanks again.
Create an account or sign in to comment