Have you recently purchased a new pickup. What free things did you get included?

jack71

2013 Isuzu D-Max - break pedal lock, floor mats front & rear, 1st service free, teddy bear and a Isuzu jacket, and some balloons for the 20 or so family members that came to see the picking up of a new truck !! needless to say I went to the pub and let them at it. wink.png

To top it off 100,000 THB government incentive for buying a new car. Got the money back in May 2014,,,

I know I know amazing Thailand w00t.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you only got the 100K back on small cars.

The vehicles must have an engine capacity of not more than 1,500cc or be double-cab pick-up trucks with an unlimited engine capacity but a price not exceeding one million baht per unit. The vehicles must be manufactured in Thailand.

Edited by giddyup

Unless the Isuzu has an engine smaller than 1500cc I don't know how he got the 100,000 rebate.

Eco Truck - it even says it on the side of mine lol

I amended my response to: The vehicles must have an engine capacity of not more than 1,500cc or be double-cab pick-up trucks with an unlimited engine capacity but a price not exceeding one million baht per unit. The vehicles must be manufactured in Thailand.

• Like 1

The vehicles must have an engine capacity of not more than 1,500cc or be double-cab pick-up trucks with an unlimited engine capacity but a price not exceeding one million baht per unit. The vehicles must be manufactured in Thailand.

Don't forget that this scheme is old and not applicable anymore.

Last Month bought a new Toyota Vigo space cab.

20,000 discount

Free -

Rear seat cushions

Bed liner

1 year 1st class Insurance

Number plates

Reversing camera

Mats

Wind deflectors on windows

Window film

Door handle protectors

Running boards

Stainless steel Kick plates inside door

Samsung 40" TV with set top box

10,000 discount on leather seats and door trim so only cost 6,000 extra

Upgrade to DVD satnav / GPS from standard CD player.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Last Month bought a new Toyota Vigo space cab.

20,000 discount

Free -

Rear seat cushions

Bed liner

1 year 1st class Insurance

Number plates

Reversing camera

Mats

Wind deflectors on windows

Window film

Door handle protectors

Running boards

Stainless steel Kick plates inside door

Samsung 40" TV with set top box

10,000 discount on leather seats and door trim so only cost 6,000 extra

Upgrade to DVD satnav / GPS from standard CD player.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Guess the TV was the clincher for you haha

Quote "What are "doors and lights bling?"

As somebody already stated it’s the chrome effect round the door handles and lights…and yes the fuel cap

To another poster who asked…no it was not a demo model….i just have a wife with the gift of the gab, and she played one dealer against another

Pictures tell a thousand words.

post-126668-0-88635600-1405686663_thumb.

post-126668-0-08700900-1405686681_thumb.

post-126668-0-39906200-1405686693_thumb.

Have a Nice Day.

• Like 1

As somebody already stated it’s the chrome effect round the door handles and lights…and yes the fuel cap

To another poster who asked…no it was not a demo model….i just have a wife with the gift of the gab, and she played one dealer against another

attachicon.gif2014-07-03 15.18.16.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-07-03 15.18.25.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-07-03 15.20.15.jpg

Have a Nice Day.

Looks good. That's the same colour I was going to get. May still do.

Have a Nice Day.

Nice Colour - did the bumper cost extra with only one reflector? :)

Have a Nice Day.

Looks good. That's the same colour I was going to get. May still do.

If you can get the same 120k discount, it really is excellent value.

Back in December got the same extras on my Mitsubishi Triton, with the added bonus of all the doors and lights bling,

plus I got 120,000 baht discount and 1,000 baht worth of diesel

Had it 8 months now and I carn’t fault it….Just recently made a trip to Bangkok (1,400 km round trip) and it never

missed a beat.

I was really impressed with the GPS System especially in Bangkok and the cruise control is a great added bonus also.

Have a Nice Day.

I have a feeling that there may be some difference as to how the "discount" was calculated, and whether the discount actually included the cost of the extras (which you got for free) or was in addition to the free extras that you say he also threw in. Can you tell us how much you actually paid for your truck, please? Dealers can be very creative in their method of calculation -- first they add it in and then they take it away thereby offering a bigger discount. The dealer gave me a B80,000 discount on my Triton in April of this year (with most of the extras that you got, no bling and no front guard) and I would be very surprised if you paid B40,000 less for your truck than I did (and I only got B500 in diesel sad.png ). Thanks.

Back in December got the same extras on my Mitsubishi Triton, with the added bonus of all the doors and lights bling,

Had it 8 months now and I carn’t fault it….Just recently made a trip to Bangkok (1,400 km round trip) and it never

missed a beat.

I was really impressed with the GPS System especially in Bangkok and the cruise control is a great added bonus also.

Have a Nice Day.

I have a feeling that there may be some difference as to how the "discount" was calculated, and whether the discount actually included the cost of the extras (which you got for free) or was in addition to the free extras that you say he also threw in. Can you tell us how much you actually paid for your truck, please? Dealers can be very creative in their method of calculation -- first they add it in and then they take it away thereby offering a bigger discount. The dealer gave me a B80,000 discount on my Triton in April of this year (with most of the extras that you got, no bling and no front guard) and I would be very surprised if you paid B40,000 less for your truck than I did (and I only got B500 in diesel sad.png ). Thanks.

How much did you pay for yours net?

Edited by giddyup

January this year Toyota gave us 40,000baht discount, 1 year number one insurance, floor mats, window tints, side window shades and front bull bars on our Vigo 4 door pre-runner.

You did well.......thumbsup.gif

Did he? I thought they would want to clear old stock and be happy to discount. 40k doesn't seem a great deal does it?

The price in the show room was 890,000 baht.....with all the extras etc..plus discount

i paid 770,000 Baht.....i think the std discount should have been 80,000, but like i said

the wife got the sales lady up to 120,000 off and the other dealer up to 110,00 Baht,

at the time they each had about 10 to 15 Tritons in stock.

Have a Nice Day.

The price in the show room was 890,000 baht.....with all the extras etc..plus discount

i paid 770,000 Baht.....i think the std discount should have been 80,000, but like i said

the wife got the sales lady up to 120,000 off and the other dealer up to 110,00 Baht,

Have a Nice Day.

Wow your wife is a great negotiator. She should hire herself out as a negotiator for commission! Out of interest how much did you manage to negotiate them down or did you just leave that to the expert?

Have a Nice Day.

Interesting. The list price on your truck (and mine) is B854,000 (2.5 VG/DID A/T) and the vehicle registration/plates/gov't insurance adds about B10,000 to that. So, if all of the extras were "free", the list price out of the shop and onto the road would be about B864,000. Do, basically, your dealer added the "free extras" into the list price and then deducted them as a part of the cash discount. So, saying that you got a B120,000 cash discount and the extras free is really double counting.

I got all of the key extras -- 1 year first class insurance, bed liner, rear backup sensor, window film, side window rain guards, floor mats, etc. (no chromed plastic bling and only B500 of diesel) -- and pearl white color (a B7,000 extra), the gov't insurance, car registration and plates, and the stated "list price" was B861,000 "out the door" and a B80,000 discount for a total cash price of B781,000. If we net out the B7,000 for the pearl white color, and add B1500 (I later added the chrome door handle guards for B750) for the chrome bling and B500 for more diesel, I paid B776,000 for "your truck", with a B80,000 cash discount. So, you actually got about a B86,000 cash discount if all of the extras are "free" and the cash discount is in addition to the free extras. That is a good price and better than mine, but the B120,000 discount is an illusion -- they jacked the list price up to B890,000 (from about B860,000, about B30,000 more) to include the extras (or at least most of them) and then reduced the price with what looks like a better than the competitors' cash discount. Your wife is a good negotiator and she got a good bottom line price on a good truck, but you and she also fell prey to a very old trick by an experienced car salesperson -- making you believe that you got a better deal than you actually did.

• Like 2

Have a Nice Day.

Interesting. The list price on your truck (and mine) is B854,000 (2.5 VG/DID A/T) and the vehicle registration/plates/gov't insurance adds about B10,000 to that. So, if all of the extras were "free", the list price out of the shop and onto the road would be about B864,000. Do, basically, your dealer added the "free extras" into the list price and then deducted them as a part of the cash discount. So, saying that you got a B120,000 cash discount and the extras free is really double counting.

I got all of the key extras -- 1 year first class insurance, bed liner, rear backup sensor, window film, side window rain guards, floor mats, etc. (no chromed plastic bling and only B500 of diesel) -- and pearl white color (a B7,000 extra), the gov't insurance, car registration and plates, and the stated "list price" was B861,000 "out the door" and a B80,000 discount for a total cash price of B781,000. If we net out the B7,000 for the pearl white color, and add B1500 (I later added the chrome door handle guards for B750) for the chrome bling and B500 for more diesel, I paid B776,000 for "your truck", with a B80,000 cash discount. So, you actually got about a B86,000 cash discount if all of the extras are "free" and the cash discount is in addition to the free extras. That is a good price and better than mine, but the B120,000 discount is an illusion -- they jacked the list price up to B890,000 (from about B860,000, about B30,000 more) to include the extras (or at least most of them) and then reduced the price with what looks like a better than the competitors' cash discount. Your wife is a good negotiator and she got a good bottom line price on a good truck, but you and she also fell prey to a very old trick by an experienced car salesperson -- making you believe that you got a better deal than you actually did.

Good analysis, many thanks. Bottom line - his wife was a better negotiator than you!

Wow Thailaw….

I’m very impressed with your working out.., the swindling get,

Wait till I see the sales lady again and show her your figures….5555 or worse still wait till our lass sees her.

It’s interesting to note the price of your truck….in both Mahasarakham and Kalasin

Main dealers they were 890,000.

Still, C’est la vie as they say, but still I am very happy with the purchase.

Have a Nice Day

• Like 1

Wow Thailaw….

I’m very impressed with your working out.., the swindling get,

Wait till I see the sales lady again and show her your figures….5555 or worse still wait till our lass sees her.

It’s interesting to note the price of your truck….in both Mahasarakham and Kalasin

Main dealers they were 890,000.

Still, C’est la vie as they say, but still I am very happy with the purchase.

Have a Nice Day

Attached are two standard price sheet that every car dealer provides. I have these from the several Mitsu dealers I spoke to in the Chonburi area before buying the Triton. All list prices were the same, B854,000 for the 4 door, step-up, auto Triton, but of course options and discounts varied considerably -- B30,000 or more across dealers I spoke to.

You bought a great truck, and IMHO you got a very good price, better than I was able to get. So, you did very well. You just didn't get as big a discount (in addition to the freebies) as you thought.

Cheers,

post-44514-0-62119400-1406032073_thumb.j

post-44514-0-04259600-1406032104_thumb.j

missed a beat.

Have a Nice Day.

What are "doors and lights bling"?

Cheap tacky chrome covered rubbish basically, they put over perfectly good door handles and oem front & rear lights.

i new i someone that put flames on his new vigo,so i think chrome bling bling is ok don't you.....

Cracking work thailaw on the analysis side, it gives any new potential buyers a good idea of what to bargain for

Yep, 890K THB for a Triton of all things seems to be pushing it a bit. For a few K more you could have the daddy of all trucks, the vastly superior Toyota Vigo Prerunner D4D 3L double cab auto.

Yep, 890K THB for a Triton of all things seems to be pushing it a bit. For a few K more you could have the daddy of all trucks, the vastly superior Toyota Vigo Prerunner D4D 3L double cab auto.

I agree completely -- it's pushing it a lot!. But, with a B120,000 and a B770,000 "on the road" price, the 4 dr, auto, step-up Triton is IMHO a great deal (on a great truck). And the free 1 year's insurance and bed liner are worth B26,000, so you are paying less than B750,000 for the truck, which is B250,000 (or more) less than the big Prerunner, which IMO make the Triton a great deal in relation to the Vigo. Of course, you are free to disagree.

This is a marketing gimmick that sellers frequently use to create the impression that the buyer is getting a much better deal than he/she actually is. And it works. The grocery stores are famous for doubling (or close to doubling) the price on an item and then offering it on a "buy one, get one free" promotion, so that the actual savings is only a Baht or two. And I expect it works on many people without the time or interest in comparative shopping, as shown by the poster who thought he was actually getting a Triton for B120,000 less than mfg'r list price (plus a whole bunch of free stuff). Honestly, a B120,000 discount on any vehicle falls into the old adage (also used to distinguish real women from the manufactured ones in Thailand) "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

• Like 1

I agree with you on the current 178hp 5 speed auto Triton, its a much improved truck and would have considered it, if it had been around in 2010 when I bought my Vigo. A friend has the older version Triton and I always thought there was too much body roll on the twisty bits.

Recently I was at Pa sak Jolosid dam and a Thai Triton owners club where having a day out, all those trucks had changed the original wheels and tyres. Certainly looked good on the black trucks.