Putting the Boot In

mxyzptlk

Because a lot of people get a kick out of seeing others get into problems, it makes them feel smug and superior.

Bit like rubber necking a car accident or standing around watching whilst someone gets a beating.

Generally humans are a selfish conceited lot, give them a bit of cash or education and often they will think it even makes them better than others.

TV tends to have a lot of the worst and little of the best.

Sadly a jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif will always be a one and the very best people that care and help others dont tend come from the top, they always come from the bottom, those that have been there or have family that do

Everyone ends up the same way though, sick, frail and eventually dead as anyone else. How they live is up to them, how they will be thought of or remembered isn't.

Pay the worst no mind they unimportant irritants of life, not worth the attn.

nicely said mr oak

It says more about those people and what type of person they really are. Getting kicks out of others downfall is not nice. It's a bit odd. You don't see these moaners whinge or have it in for the Asian immigrants for which is the main target, it's only their fellow farang they take glee in suffering.

Don't get me wrong - would be great to see a Thailand lose many of the idiots, the wannabe playboys, the wannabe mafia, but taking pleasure that people are suffering from visa worries which will impact lives, says more about what type of a bitter person they really are. Why spend your time getting hung up about what others are doing if it ain't causing pain to others.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

There's many giving advice which is fair enough and there's also people who see this has some sort of great victory dance. Many of those comments on the threads.

As said, Thailand does need to clean itself up with too many foreigners here but for many getting the right visa isn't an easy job. Can be done, yes and many are trying; not all who have been unsuccessful getting the right visa are drunk, womanising, lazy layabouts. Took me ages and wasn't easy.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I haven't seen anyone take any glee over someone having problems. I have seen people like me, tell people to obey the visa laws and regulations, that's what has created this current situation.

My apologies mate if my post made you think I was having a pop at you....People who offer genuine advice are people who should respected.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone take any glee over someone having problems. I have seen people like me, tell people to obey the visa laws and regulations, that's what has created this current situation.

Somebody who leaves the Kingdom without having overstayed or worked has obeyed the conditions of his visa. regardless if it's the first or the fifth.

Nobody disputes it should be regulated further but as said in another thread it should be done with proper guidelines, proper communication and proper implementation.

The multiple threads with "maybe" "maybe not" or "you should be..." prove it hasn't.

• Like 1

Simple. They married a slapper from a bar that has got old and fat. When they frequent the bars the ladies go for the younger types. They can't even pull brass! Now, only the old balls brigade feel safe. For now. Currying favour with the powers that be gives them a false sense of security. ''Perhaps my comment about how wonderful everything is and how brilliant a job they are doing will keep me safe. Maybe they'll respect me?''

Really? They don't give a monkeys. Sorry. Unless you've got a shed load of cash floating around, you'll be out too. We're not wanted. Period. Get used to it.

They usually like to tell you about how much money they have/worked internationally etc but spell like an eight year old retard. They are the sort you meet in Thailand that tell you that they were ex SAS/Navy Seals.

In fact. Stop worrying about it. But there's your answer.

• Like 2

Somebody who leaves the Kingdom without having overstayed or worked has obeyed the conditions of his visa. regardless if it's the first or the fifth.

Nobody disputes it should be regulated further but as said in another thread it should be done with proper guidelines, proper communication and proper implementation.

The multiple threads with "maybe" "maybe not" or "you should be..." prove it hasn't.

It's unfortunate, but they are being caught up in this, because of the actions of others. Look at the attitudes concerning overstays, etc. in the Visa Forum until recently. now it's taking on a whole new seriousness. Before, it's just pay the fine and carry on. The problem is others behavior does affect the rest of us. My personal circumstance, is that at least two places told me they issued one year multi-entry visas, but no longer, because some their applicants had caused problems. Now they just issue single entries, if it all.

As I said, I would have considered it a clue, that there was a potential problem when they started refusing to issue visas, or red stamping passports. I would rather they had transitioned into this in a different fashion, but that's why it's good to have a plan B.

Edited by beechguy
  • Like 1

Simple. They married a slapper from a bar that has got old and fat. When they frequent the bars the ladies go for the younger types. They can't even pull brass! Now, only the old balls brigade feel safe. For now. Currying favour with the powers that be gives them a false sense of security. ''Perhaps my comment about how wonderful everything is and how brilliant a job they are doing will keep me safe. Maybe they'll respect me?''

Really? They don't give a monkeys. Sorry. Unless you've got a shed load of cash floating around, you'll be out too. We're not wanted. Period. Get used to it.

They usually like to tell you about how much money they have/worked internationally etc but spell like an eight year old retard. They are the sort you meet in Thailand that tell you that they were ex SAS/Navy Seals.

My, aren't your panties in a twist... Not only will you not take responsibility for your own shortcomings, you feel it necessary to blame people you don't even know that have nothing to do with your situation... If you feel that people pointing this out to you are "putting the boot in", you have a lot to learn about life... No one owes you anything, not even the time of day... If you are caught in this situation, it surly is not the fault of expats that qualify for either a marriage or retirement extension of stay... Grow up and get a pair...

Edited by Loptr

My, aren't your panties in a twist... Not only will you not take responsibility for your own shortcomings, you feel it necessary to blame people you don't even know that have nothing to do with your situation... If you feel that people pointing this out to you are "putting the boot in", you have a lot to learn about life... No one owes you anything, not even the time of day... If you are caught in this situation, it surly is not the fault of expats that qualify for either a marriage or retirement extension of stay... Grow up and get a pair...

I have a marriage visa. I'm just wise enough to see what's going on. Seems like I touched a nerve.

Most guys ending up in trouble with their VISA and other fantastic problems, are mostly just "lazy," and "dont care about anything until they must", Than when it´s time to start take care of things it is always way too late to do it. And now they start to moan and complain over Thailand being overbearing and useless.

I personally find it disrespectful towards Thailand and also towards the rest of us in some cases to act like that....When reading most of all these posts I think... Grow up, start to interact with the country you live in, and stop to be a complete ignorant fool....... Many many many of all these strange people in problem, should NOT even be trying to stay here in Thailand, They should go home and stay with their mama who can take care of them. We read thread after thread after thread about - "I have now been in and out of Thailand 12 times and I do not have any VISA, what shall i do"???

I say GO HOME.......

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

Wrong forum as the OP is not visa related.

MOVED

Agreed. It's not directly visa related, but the reason I posted the topic in the Visa forum is that it was inspired by the nasty, superior and condescending attitude of so many TV members posting in the plethora of new threads regarding the enforcement of immigration rules.

Goodness me, you are a fool. Nice that you have managed to get in all the usual stereotypes about people here.

Let me guess , are you one of the overstayers? Or a border runner? Working without a WP? Abusing an ED visa? Or an "unqualified" TEFLER?

I take no personal pleasure in seeing decent people having their lives disrupted, but there are a significant amount of people who feel that the laws just don't apply to them. Now they are being enforced they are bleating about how unfair it is. If anyone has decided to stay here long term or gave family, then the responsible thing is to make sure you get legal. All of us have chosen to live in Thailand, that means that to do so, you follow the rules; you don't have a right to be here.

The reason why they are cracking down is precisely because if the significant amount of foreigners abusing the system.

Welcome to the real world, where people take responsibility for their choices, and with bad choices there are consequences.

Get legal or go home.

Goodness me, you are a fool. Nice that you have managed to get in all the usual stereotypes about people here.

Let me guess , are you one of the overstayers? Or a border runner? Working without a WP? Abusing an ED visa? Or an "unqualified" TEFLER?

I take no personal pleasure in seeing decent people having their lives disrupted, but there are a significant amount of people who feel that the laws just don't apply to them. Now they are being enforced they are bleating about how unfair it is. If anyone has decided to stay here long term or gave family, then the responsible thing is to make sure you get legal. All of us have chosen to live in Thailand, that means that to do so, you follow the rules; you don't have a right to be here.

The reason why they are cracking down is precisely because if the significant amount of foreigners abusing the system.

Welcome to the real world, where people take responsibility for their choices, and with bad choices there are consequences.

Get legal or go home.

Goodness me, you are a fool

mrtoad, you are much to friendly.

I have a marriage visa. I'm just wise enough to see what's going on. Seems like I touched a nerve.

You seem to hate Thailand and it's laws. There is an airport. I am sure that the immigration of your own country will allow your wife to come and go as she pleases without a visa.

You seem to hate Thailand and it's laws. There is an airport. I am sure that the immigration of your own country will allow your wife to come and go as she pleases without a visa.

Hi Mr. Toad,

Just want to check if I have got this right, does this include slappers from bars that have got old and fat after marrying ex SAS/Navy seals?

• Like 2

Hi Mr. Toad,

Just want to check if I have got this right, does this include slappers from bars that have got old and fat after marrying ex SAS/Navy seals?

Quite possibly, not to sure. Goondizzy may be able to put so e perspective on this for us.

tonytigerbkk post # 22

Hi Mr. Toad,

Good Grief man get the facts right

Hi Mr. Toad,

Just want to check if I have got this right, does this include ex S.A.S/Navy Seals once they have retired they then get old and fat after marrying ex bar girls?

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Well i certainly don't as an example,with the exception of a individual who is forever in a drunken stupor and begs money for food or rent until the next payday then i will flatly refuse.

If that is putting the boot in then i apologise but i wont help others who won't help themselves.thumbsup.gif

You sound rather bitter dear boy... got an overstay coming up ?... classes cancelled this week ? your GF (whose different) stiffed you for cash ?