MH17: Malaysia Airlines Plane Shot Down Near Ukraine Border

george

I am flying with MAS in a few weeks time.

Avoid the same flight path mentioned here, at all costs.

Good luck.

I'd ask for a huge discount or change my flight to a different airline or aircraft type. Two Malaysian 777 disasters with total loss of life in a matter of months. What are the odds of that happening? And according to the superstitious, these things can come in threes...

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How they going to find out what happen,,if no one owns up to the shooting down of the aircraft or the so called mishap,if there are no witnesses,there is no ID left of the rocket to prove either way who shot the aircraft down,so ease up for now it's all speculations until maybe they can find something.

Good luck.

I'd ask for a huge discount or change my flight to a different airline or aircraft type. Two Malaysian 777 disasters with total loss of life in a matter of months. What are the odds of that happening? And according to the superstitious, these things can come in threes...

I can't agree with you about wanting a discount - I would prefer to fly with someone else if I wasn't happy not try to die with a few more dollars in the bank.

MH17 CRASH

Difficult to identify aircraft in hostile airspace

Akil Yunus

The Star

It is difficult for militant groups to determine if an aircraft flying over hostile airspace is of a civilian or military nature.

Ahmad Salman Abdul Rahim, one of the Malaysian jihadists fighting in Syria, said civilians were at great risk as militant groups did not possess the radar equipment and technology to ascertain if an air target was ’friend or foe’.

At 33,000 feet? If you are shooting down aircraft at that height it is almost guaranteed to be commercial traffic.

Mind you jihadists are by nature complete idiots.

I've flown in several military aircraft at 33,000 feet - hey, I've even flown chartered commercial jets full of fellow uniformed soldiers at - get this - 33,000 feet. A full regimental movement.

Which is why I said "almost". It's the exception rather than the norm.

I can't agree with you about wanting a discount - I would prefer to fly with someone else if I wasn't happy not try to die with a few more dollars in the bank.

Funny you should say that....

Malaysia Airlines is to refund fares for passengers no longer wishing to travel on the carrier, Sky News has confirmed.

Previously booked passengers due to fly up to and including July 25 can seek a refund without incurring any penalty.

http://m.sky.com/skynews/article/news/1303406

Good luck.

Really depends on how much of a betting man you are.

Good luck.

My Thai wife read somewhere that 3 each 777 aircraft, MH 370 and MH17' on the 17th of the month.....the number 7 is unlucky for Malaysian Airlines. Not superstitious?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

During press conference Friday evening July 18, Mas authorities rigorously defended the air-route as safe but it defies logic when this was a well known hot war-zone.

Despite what Mas have to say, given this event and the previous one, they've clearly demonstrated they’re a “risky airline” prepared to do what other airlines may not.

On BBC. The responsibility of running the investigation falls to the country on whose territory it falls on. The problem is Ukraine does not control it.

Indeed and related to the problem of the Putin backed rebels shooting down this civilian plane. Come on, folks, let's not be naive. That's what happened and it clearly wasn't intentional (to shoot a civilian plane). But that's what happened at least a very high probability. How much of this blood is on Putin's hands due to these being his rebels and his weapons? That's a matter of opinion, I suppose.

• Like 1

Purportedly...an SA-17 "Buk" (Book) missile took out MH017.

The missile system is manufactured in Russia. Russia is

supporting the Pro Russian seperatists in Ukraine. Putin

has passed all military aid requests by the rebels. The "buck"

stops at Putin. Now what? Well heck...let's play the blame

game longer shall we?

RIP to the victims & condolences to their families & loved ones.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696847/They-shouldnt-f-g-flying-There-war-going-Ukraine-intelligence-officials-release-phone-calls-claim-PROVES-Russia-shot-Flight-MH17.html

Is this the smoking gun? Footage emerges of BUK missile launcher being smuggled back to Russia and missing TWO rockets
  • Expert believes that MH17 was downed by a missile fired from rebel-held Torez in eastern Ukraine
  • BUK launcher has been pictured rumbling into the town just two hours before the crash
  • Ukraine’s security agency, the SBU, has released recordings of intercepted phone calls
  • Claim they prove Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by a group of Russian-backed Cossack militants
  • Neither recording — which allegedly includes a Russian military intelligence officer — could be independently verified
  • Laughing rebels filmed the plane as it crashed, gleefully bragging 'that was a blast – look at the smoke!'
  • Hillary Clinton said that there 'should be outrage in European capitals' over the downing of the airliner
  • Expert claims that pilot of MH17 'felt uncomfortable' about his route over Ukraine but diverted to hostile airspace
  • Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported the crash at 16.13 Moscow time - 'several minutes before the crash'

By James Nye and Sam Greenhill and Ted Thornhill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696847/They-shouldnt-f-g-flying-There-war-going-Ukraine-intelligence-officials-release-phone-calls-claim-PROVES-Russia-shot-Flight-MH17.html

Is this the smoking gun? Footage emerges of BUK missile launcher being smuggled back to Russia and missing TWO rockets
  • Expert believes that MH17 was downed by a missile fired from rebel-held Torez in eastern Ukraine
  • BUK launcher has been pictured rumbling into the town just two hours before the crash
  • Ukraine’s security agency, the SBU, has released recordings of intercepted phone calls
  • Claim they prove Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by a group of Russian-backed Cossack militants
  • Neither recording — which allegedly includes a Russian military intelligence officer — could be independently verified
  • Laughing rebels filmed the plane as it crashed, gleefully bragging 'that was a blast – look at the smoke!'
  • Hillary Clinton said that there 'should be outrage in European capitals' over the downing of the airliner
  • Expert claims that pilot of MH17 'felt uncomfortable' about his route over Ukraine but diverted to hostile airspace
  • Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported the crash at 16.13 Moscow time - 'several minutes before the crash'

By James Nye and Sam Greenhill and Ted Thornhill

Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported the crash at 16.13 Moscow time - 'several minutes before the crash'

Why such silly line always has to be included in conspiracy theories ?

"Expert claims that pilot of MH17 'felt uncomfortable' about his route over Ukraine but diverted to hostile airspace ..."

Quite likely. It wouldn't be the first time a pilot has had to balance the risk of burning extra fuel (black mark on his record) against safety precautions. "But of course the final decision is yours, captain."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-airlines-mh17-lucky-people-who-missed-flight-1457158

In what appeared to be bad luck at first, several passengers are now grateful that they missed the ill fated Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, which was shot down over Ukraine yesterday.

First on the list were two Australian honeymooners, who missed the flight not once, but twice. The newly-weds Simone La Posta and her husband Juan Jovel confirmed with ABC Radio that they twice came close to being on Flight MH17.

"We flew into Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam on the MH17 flight, the day before, so it's a bit surreal to think that, you know, one day later and I wouldn't be standing here talking to you right now," she said.

"We originally had our itinerary to be on that (MH17) flight, but then we changed it thinking we'd be too jet-lagged for work on Monday," she told the ABC host.

mailto:?subject=Self-proclaimed Separatist Leader Arrives at Malaysia Airlines Crash Site on NBCNews.com&body=From NBCNews.com... %0D%0A%0D%0ASelf-proclaimed Separatist Leader Arrives at Malaysia Airlines Crash Site%0D%0Ahttp://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-plane-crash/self-proclaimed-separatist-leader-arrives-malaysia-airlines-crash-site-n158886

Like a scene from a B movie: Separatist Leader Alexandr Borodaj with his entourage at the crash scene.........

My Thai wife read somewhere that 3 each 777 aircraft, MH 370 and MH17' on the 17th of the month.....the number 7 is unlucky for Malaysian Airlines. Not superstitious?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My Thai wife also told me in the past that number 7 is unlucky, and indeed I crashed a car with number 7 in the past.Just by chance I escaped alive. Asians are quite superstitious, but after being under fire you start to realize that numbers might play a role in luck.

There was a girl from my company on that flight.. I had to disable her network and door pass access. I never met her, but she was a stunner from the photos I have seen. Saddens me thinking what she went through.

This is sick that people still trust and take this airline after what happened with MH370. No way on earth I was going to board this airline ever, even after the first incident. But after this no comment...

Edited by Thunder26

Just posted by dutch media.

Nationality of passangers of flight MH17.

189 people from The Netherlands.

44 people from Malasia.

27 people from Australia.

12 people from Indonesia.

9 people from the UK.

4 people from Belgium.

4 people from Germany.

3 people from the fillipines.

1 person from Canada.

1 person from New Zealand.

From 4 people it is not know at this time what nationality they have.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1 dutch was also italian citizen

During press conference Friday evening July 18, Mas authorities rigorously defended the air-route as safe but it defies logic when this was a well known hot war-zone.

Despite what Mas have to say, given this event and the previous one, they've clearly demonstrated they’re a “risky airline” prepared to do what other airlines may not.

Singapore Airlines and Air India planes were very close by when MH17 was shot down, the majority of airliners still take this path.

NjEhYyM.jpg