MH17: Malaysia Airlines Plane Shot Down Near Ukraine Border

george

Although this may be considered off topic, whatever the cause I think this is a death blow to MAS. I would hate to be the person working for them responsible for attempting to obtain insurance cover whatever the cause and the loss in public confidence in an already shaky airline is not going to help them.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not show any photos from the wreck? Is this another cover up like the Malaysia air flight who disappeared on the way to China? Me think this story is fishy. Waiting to hear what Putin have to say in this matter.

There are two separate "Black boxes" The data logger and the Cockpit Voice Recorder. Both of which would be sent to the authority having overall ICAO responsibility for the region in which the plane crashed. This authority rests with Russia as it is the authority responsible for that area.

As Russia have been implicated in this incident then authority should be shifted from them. I am not saying that Russia has done anything wrong but it is like putting a suspect in charge of investigating themselves.

Happens all the time, with the police and with Aircraft Accidents. ;The rules are set out in ICAO and there is no authority to change them. Parties can ask for representation but the investigation head who controls the inquiry and information release is fixed.

is this an episode of 24 live another day? the script is similar to shoot something down, blame it on someone else and start a war

rip the passenger

Probably not far off the mark.

People seem tothink everything is normally straightforward, but in reality at this level of war and politics, it is more complex and you need to reverse what is obvious and you will be nearer the truth.

The US and EU are doing all Ukraine's dirty work for them, and they are going to ratchet this up at any cost.

Remember what sort of people we are dealing with as far as the Ukraine government are concerned. They are no better than Hitler was.

They won't lose a moment's sleep over 298 innocent lives.

• Like 1

Although this may be considered off topic, whatever the cause I think this is a death blow to MAS. I would hate to be the person working for them responsible for attempting to obtain insurance cover whatever the cause and the loss in public confidence in an already shaky airline is not going to help them.

Cant search at the moment but there has already (even before this tragedy) been talks that the Malaysian Government would takeover the whole airline, I believe they already own a significant percentage.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Why not show any photos from the wreck? Is this another cover up like the Malaysia air flight who disappeared on the way to China? Me think this story is fishy. Waiting to hear what Putin have to say in this matter.

Best go back to bed and take a rest.

• Like 1

So we don't know yet who shot down this plane.

Needless to say those who did should confess, now.

Shame on you.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

we do know . Russian backed seperatists in East Ukraine.Do some research from news organisations, not Thai visa news

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

as former missle oficer i know "BUK" system quite well. It seemes to me that Ukranian militaries tested "BUK" and forgot (or did not know) to turn off missle. there is the jack SH1 which must be connected only when you want to kill a plane. The same situation happened earlyer when unquilifited Ukranians shot Russian TU-154M in 2001.

is this an episode of 24 live another day? the script is similar to shoot something down, blame it on someone else and start a war

rip the passenger

Probably not far off the mark.

People seem tothink everything is normally straightforward, but in reality at this level of war and politics, it is more complex and you need to reverse what is obvious and you will be nearer the truth.

The US and EU are doing all Ukraine's dirty work for them, and they are going to ratchet this up at any cost.

Remember what sort of people we are dealing with as far as the Ukraine government are concerned. They are no better than Hitler was.

They won't lose a moment's sleep over 298 innocent lives.

wow ,clearly someone who has sucked the Russian invader thugs line .Putin be proud of you.

Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

as former missle oficer i know "BUK" system quite well. It seemes to me that Ukranian militaries tested "BUK" and forgot (or did not know) to turn off missle. there is the jack SH1 which must be connected only when you want to kill a plane. The same situation happened earlyer when unquilifited Ukranians shot Russian TU-154M in 2001.

you know squat .We KNOW the east ukraine pro Russian seperatists have BUK , so dont spread your bull Mr Fake engineer

There are numerous photos and videos. Pick any news agency of your own choice or go back and click on the links on this site

• Like 1

you know squat .We KNOW the east ukraine pro Russian seperatists have BUK , so dont spread your bull Mr Fake engineer

It does not prove Ukraine Doesn't have this system, does it?

This has Putins dirty finger print all over it ...

Europe and the rest of the world ought to close it's air space to all Russian flights.

Please expand on exactly what Putin gains from this?

If you can't provide credible reasons, then stop posting idiotic fiction.

Also ban all Russian flights?

You have any idea how much global airlines make from Russian bookings?

Idiotic.

• Like 1

If this is authentic, the fuselage was still intact during the descent. That could mean that a lot of people would have endured the agony of falling out of the sky in a burning plane.

How sad and tragic.

+1.

It does not prove Ukraine Doesn't have this system, does it?

Actually the Ukraine military equipment is almost 100% Russian..... Obviously.

Strange how within an hour the Ukrainians were saying it was a BUK.... how do they know what it was????

One of the many strange behaviours of the Ukrainians since this plane was hit.

Ukraine has everything to gain from this and Russia has nothing to gain at all.

It was Ukraine that did this, and it was totally deliberate and planned.

I am convinced of it.

• Like 1

If this is authentic, the fuselage was still intact during the descent. That could mean that a lot of people would have endured the agony of falling out of the sky in a burning plane.

How sad and tragic.

+1.

Fortunately the passengers would almost certainly be unconscious due to depresurisation and difficulty donning the oxygen masks in the first 30 seconds due to the planes movements.

• Like 1

Buk missile system specifications - source wiki

Basic missile system specifications
  • Target acquisition range (by TAR 9S18M1, 9S18M1-1) range: 140 – altitude: 60 meters – 25 kilometers (197 feet - 15.5 miles)
  • Firing groups in one division: up to 6 (with one command post)
  • Firing groups operating in a sector 90° in azimuth, 0–7° and 7–14° in elevation 45° in azimuth, 14–52° in elevation
  • Radar mast lifting height (for TAR 9S36): 21 meters
  • Reloading of 4 missiles by TEL from itself: around 15 minutes
  • Combat readiness time: no more than 5 minutes
  • Kill probability (by one missile): 90–95%
  • Target engagement zone aircraft altitude: 15 meters – 25 kilometers (50 feet - 15.5 miles) range: 3–42 kilometers (1.9-12.4 miles)

the Australian prime minister just said in parliament the plane was shot down by Ukrainian rebels . Didnt the russians shoot down a korean airline a few years ago

Flight 007. Yeah was a few years ago.... about 31 to be exact.

How sad and tragic.

+1.

Fortunately the passengers would almost certainly be unconscious due to depresurisation and difficulty donning the oxygen masks in the first 30 seconds due to the planes movements.

30 seconds is too long though isn't it?

• Like 1

Buk missile system specifications - source wiki

Basic missile system specifications
  • Target acquisition range (by TAR 9S18M1, 9S18M1-1) range: 140 – altitude: 60 meters – 25 kilometers (197 feet - 15.5 miles)
  • Firing groups in one division: up to 6 (with one command post)
  • Firing groups operating in a sector 90° in azimuth, 0–7° and 7–14° in elevation 45° in azimuth, 14–52° in elevation
  • Radar mast lifting height (for TAR 9S36): 21 meters
  • Reloading of 4 missiles by TEL from itself: around 15 minutes
  • Combat readiness time: no more than 5 minutes
  • Kill probability (by one missile): 90–95%
  • Target engagement zone aircraft altitude: 15 meters – 25 kilometers (50 feet - 15.5 miles) range: 3–42 kilometers (1.9-12.4 miles)

I think you or they may have reversed those last couple of altitude and range,,.or did I misunderstand being a peaceful type.

This is a zone that many of we Europeans fly through on our way to Asia - there but for the grace of ----

I only hope that those that died were gone in an instant - tragic.

<deleted>...why would any airline fly through a known war zone. It would seem quite retarded to do so & a no brainer to stay well clear of it. This could be the end of the company "Malaysian Airlines".

According to the news here in Australia, the aviation exclusion zone went up to 30,000ft, the aircraft was flying at 33,000ft, the radar on the missile launcher would have shown that, and if the launcher had an IFF decoder on it, it would have identified the aircraft as civilian.

Waiting for our European members to blame this on America and start ranting as usual...

coffee1.gif

If anyone is to blame for the unrest in Ukraine it is the EU, provoking the Russians with their expansionist agenda into Russia's backyard. Russia merely reacted predictably to the political incursion.

• Like 2

Waiting for our European members to blame this on America and start ranting as usual...

coffee1.gif

If anyone is to blame for the unrest in Ukraine it is the EU, provoking the Russians with their expansionist agenda into Russia's backyard. Russia merely reacted predictably to the political incursion.

I disagree. Russia bullied Ukraine by taking Crimea in the first place and then stirring separatism in East Ukraine. That is a fact!