MH17: Malaysia Airlines Plane Shot Down Near Ukraine Border

george

Well, call me sick, but I will happily take a flight with Malaysian Airlines to show my support.

I have flown with them often over many years and have many fond memories flying with this airline.

Good luck.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For Malaysia Airlines, I don't see any fault on them from this attack on their plane. The first incident doesn't reflect well on them. They will no longer be flying in that path over Ukraine. So I think the rational thing to evaluate any extra risk with flying Malaysia is ignore the attack incident. So still not great but not as bad as the PR they are getting now, which is more about bad luck than bad airline.

Another factor aside from crash risk is the risk in buying a ticket for an airline that might be on a path of bankruptcy. I know they are national carrier. Does that mean their government will keep operating no matter what?

Edited by Jingthing

This is sick that people still trust and take this airline after what happened with MH370. No way on earth I was going to board this airline ever, even after the first incident. But after this no comment...

Good, leave more seats open for the people that aren't idiots.

I am surprised that after 2 incidents that took over 500 lives in less than 6 months that are partly of the MH fault you still call me idiot. Good luck in flying them in the future. My prediction is that this airline is going to be shut down and then renamed using the same team and planes.

Also as they are losing so much money now every day, I suppose they will continue to seek cost cutting measures, and that can mean compromising on safety. Their situation may not be all their fault, but it's still a bad situation, and you can't really blame passengers from shunning them now. Sure if they give away tickets, people will fly on them, but that's not exactly sustainable.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

For Malaysia Airlines, I don't see any fault on them from this attack on their plane. The first incident doesn't reflect well on them. They will no longer be flying in that path over Ukraine. So I think the rational thing to evaluate any extra risk with flying Malaysia is ignore the attack incident. So still not great but not as bad as the PR they are getting now, which is more about bad luck than bad airline.

Another factor aside from crash risk is the risk in buying a ticket for an airline that might be on a path of bankruptcy. I know they are national carrier. Does that mean their government will keep operating no matter what?

They flew over a war zone where more than 5 planes were shot down from April this year. If you think this is normal to fly over I am amazed that humans are so gullible and believe nutters that said it was safe. No, it was not safe, period. That is why it shot down, because it was not safe.

I was shocked to hear this news that many airlines were actually flying over Eastern Ukraine. What a joke. Those in charge have no clue what is happening around them, which is sad that nowadays nobody gives a damn over human lives.

I am not going to protect Malaysia Airline as they should have people with brains and acknowledge the risks, if they can't do that that means they are not reliable and they paid the price.

This is sick that people still trust and take this airline after what happened with MH370. No way on earth I was going to board this airline ever, even after the first incident. But after this no comment...

Good, leave more seats open for the people that aren't idiots.

I am surprised that after 2 incidents that took over 500 lives in less than 6 months that are partly of the MH fault you still call me idiot. Good luck in flying them in the future. My prediction is that this airline is going to be shut down and then renamed using the same team and planes.

They have never had a crash due to mechanical failure or pilot error since their inception in 1947, other airliners struggle for such a record. Thai airways has had more than plenty of deaths due to pilot error and mechanical failure. You're having a knee-jerk reaction, as I said leave the seats open for people that are rational.

• Like 2

I am in no rush to fly Malaysia either. It's just that like you said a number of carriers were also using those routes. Are people ready to degrade all of those carriers that were just lucky not to be one to be hit (and now of course no carriers will go there). It seems unfair. As far as rebranding the airline, how can you rebrand a NATIONAL carrier? Change the name of the country? I don't think so.

They flew over a war zone where more than 5 planes were shot down from April this year. If you think this is normal to fly over I am amazed that humans are so gullible and believe nutters that said it was safe. No, it was not safe, period. That is why it shot down, because it was not safe.

I was shocked to hear this news that many airlines were actually flying over Eastern Ukraine. What a joke. Those in charge have no clue what is happening around them, which is sad that nowadays nobody gives a damn over human lives.

I am not going to protect Malaysia Airline as they should have people with brains and acknowledge the risks, if they can't do that that means they are not reliable and they paid the price.

So you wouldn't use all of the airlines that flew over the area? Including Singapore airlines?

So you wouldn't use all of the airlines that flew over the area? Including Singapore airlines?

I would, but I would check the route first. Even before this incident if I had to fly over Eastern Ukraine I would've cancelled the flight as I am aware of the dangers, which unfortunately the airlines that flew over that area didn't acknowledge the risks. If it is safe, why all of a sudden the don't fly over Ukraine anymore. It is simple because it is not safe.

Quite likely, but they might have to cut more corners to stay in business. While there are several other reputable carriers, why tempt fate?

• Like 1

They have never had a crash due to mechanical failure or pilot error since their inception in 1947, other airliners struggle for such a record. Thai airways has had more than plenty of deaths due to pilot error and mechanical failure. You're having a knee-jerk reaction, as I said leave the seats open for people that are rational.

Yeah, I might over react. What do you expect when so many innocent people die because of incompetence? Yeah, I blame those who shot down the plane (which was expected from them by shooting down planes constantly in the last few months) as well as those who didn't take the risks seriously!

Yep, even the Cossack on yeh ground in the tapes was asking why are they flying over the war zone......

As I said, and copped a lot of flak ( no pun intended ), the head of flight planning at MAS has a lot to answer for

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I would, but I would check the route first. Even before this incident if I had to fly over Eastern Ukraine I would've cancelled the flight as I am aware of the dangers, which unfortunately the airlines that flew over that area didn't acknowledge the risks. If it is safe, why all of a sudden the don't fly over Ukraine anymore. It is simple because it is not safe.

I would suggest that the next time before you get into a taxi, you subject the driver to an interrogation as to how long he has been driving, whether he has even been in an accident, whether he has ever been fined for a traffic violation etc etc etc.

At the same time, investigate thoroughly the route you intend to take, as to whether there had been any fatal accidents, any drivers caught DUI etc etc

You sad git.

• Like 1

Thai airways has had more than plenty of deaths due to pilot error and mechanical failure.

Yes they had incidents, but in its history Thai Airways lost about 280 people, but Malaysia Airlines lost way more people in the last 6 months. The airline is going down. It is a fact. I am not happy about it. It is what I see it's happening.

I would suggest that the next time before you get into a taxi, you subject the driver to an interrogation as to how long he has been driving, whether he has even been in an accident, whether he has ever been fined for a traffic violation etc etc etc.

At the same time, investigate thoroughly the route you intend to take, as to whether there had been any fatal accidents, any drivers caught DUI etc etc

You sad git.

Good luck with taxi drivers pal. Be honest do you trust them? I don't ! They are illiterate and most of them have poor driving skills. I might be boring, but I tell the truth. Enjoy.

Yes they had incidents, but in its history Thai Airways lost about 280 people, but Malaysia Airlines lost way more people in the last 6 months. The airline is going down. It is a fact. I am not happy about it. It is what I see it's happening.

Then you might as well not fly on any planes made by Boeing.

• Like 2

Then you might as well not fly on any planes made by Boeing.

Did I talk about planes? I talked about airlines that are inconsiderate about taking risks and whatever I stated are facts whether you like or not. Being reasonable and cautious is being a git in your opinion. Normally I don't post that much, just because of this event that struck my cord. Peace to anyone I offended in my rhetoric.

Thai airways has had more than plenty of deaths due to pilot error and mechanical failure.

How do you even know what happened to MH370? it could have been electronically hacked and that would make it Boeings fault for lack of security, no one knows yet. And you do realize that airliners don't just choose their flight paths right? It is the country's air traffic control that guides them on to a route, even over international waters there has to be consensus to avoid collisions. tens of thousands of planes flew over this region of Ukraine since the crisis started, it is just extremely unfortunate that it was another Malaysian plane. The only reason this struck a chord in you is because both of these planes are Malaysian, but if it was another airline you would have been more rational. These 2 incidents are totally independent of each other.

• Like 2

mailto:?subject=Self-proclaimed Separatist Leader Arrives at Malaysia Airlines Crash Site on NBCNews.com&body=From NBCNews.com... %0D%0A%0D%0ASelf-proclaimed Separatist Leader Arrives at Malaysia Airlines Crash Site%0D%0Ahttp://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-plane-crash/self-proclaimed-separatist-leader-arrives-malaysia-airlines-crash-site-n158886

Like a scene from a B movie: Separatist Leader Alexandr Borodaj with his entourage at the crash scene.........

And many news sources reporting that there is little effort to secure the scene and both residents and militiamen are wandering freely.

Who knows what evidence might be removed?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/malaysia-airlines-mh17-crash-no-forensic-investigators-coordination-or-body-bags-as-locals-are-left-to-scour-the-gruesome-scene-for-survivors-9615895.html

what the pro russia rebels assured ...their cooperation with OSCE inspectors,is just a childish lie

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/18/ukraine-crisis-airplane-osce-idUSL6N0PT5D120140718

reported shots in air from rebels for intimidation

http://www.ibtimes.com/ukrainian-rebels-fire-warning-shot-osce-investigators-near-mh17-crash-site-twitter-reports-1632866

https://twitter.com/TerryMoran

Edited by kaobang

MH17 CRASH

Difficult to identify aircraft in hostile airspace

Akil Yunus

The Star

It is difficult for militant groups to determine if an aircraft flying over hostile airspace is of a civilian or military nature.

Ahmad Salman Abdul Rahim, one of the Malaysian jihadists fighting in Syria, said civilians were at great risk as militant groups did not possess the radar equipment and technology to ascertain if an air target was ’friend or foe’.

At 33,000 feet? If you are shooting down aircraft at that height it is almost guaranteed to be commercial traffic.

Mind you jihadists are by nature complete idiots.

I've flown in several military aircraft at 33,000 feet - hey, I've even flown chartered commercial jets full of fellow uniformed soldiers at - get this - 33,000 feet. A full regimental movement.

Which is why I said "almost". It's the exception rather than the norm.

Maybe you should just quit with your unnecessarily argumentative posts. It's already been known for military aircraft to fly in that area and 33,000 feet is the standard height.