Once a year tourist - should I be worried?

I've been reading the various threads on people not being let in and wanted to give you an overview of my situation to see if I might face any issues.

So I'm a British citizen and live in the uk. I come to Thailand once a year and usually just use the visa exemption on arrival. I've got a tourist visa previously but otherwise my trips are usually less than 30 days.

I will be coming again in December and plan to use the visa exemption on arrival. I will be able to produce receipts as proof of hotels I've booked for the duration of my stay as well as internal flights (Bangkok to Phuket, phuket to samui, samui to Bangkok ect) and flight home from Bangkok.

The only problem is in Phuket I will be staying in a condo. The condo is advertised on a website however I have conversed privately with the owner over email so all I have are aome PayPal payments to a friend I am sharing the condo with. Will I have a problem do you think?

Thanks

I could do but some here have suggested even that doesn't mean you will be granted entry. To be clear I've never been to Thailand on any multiple entry visa. I always stay within the kingdom and just travel internally. Am I worrying over nothing?

I wouldn't worry if I were you, it is pretty obvious you are a real tourist and not doing the in/out thing continuously. Once a year will absolutely not sound an alarm bell at immigration.

Enjoy your stay.

• Like 2

I could do but some here have suggested even that doesn't mean you will be granted entry. To be clear I've never been to Thailand on any multiple entry visa. I always stay within the kingdom and just travel internally. Am I worrying over nothing?

a tourist visa is cheap and increases your odds. altho I cant imagine you would have any trouble in any case. and IF you needed to stay longer, it can easily be extended by 30 days

• Like 1

I don't see why you'd have a problem. Just come on visa-free arrival. You only come once a year for less than 30 days, so there shouldn't be any problem. I wouldn't waste time and money getting a tourist visa that you don't need. I can't see why it would help. People with tourist visas have been refused entry, so if they suspect you are here to work then then refuse entry whatever way you tried to enter.

My friend visits me twice a year and I just picked him up from Suvarnabhumi. As he always comes for less than 30 days naturally he uses visa exemption on arrival. His last trip was in Feb. Came through immi no problems if that help

Only new issue is that they may want to see that you have enough money to stay here 30 days. 20000baht or 500euros per person. Otherwise once per year 30day or less trip is ok.

Also fresh ATM slips showing good balance taken in airpost ATM should be ok but how that works in Suvarnabhumi? That I dont know.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not worry at all and simply come visa exempt. I presume you fly out again within 30 days?

Correct. In total I am staying in the country for around 21 days.

Id be more worried about being rained upon on my visit,Merry christmas.laugh.png

Why would it be raining at that time of year? I've come here every year at the same time for the last 4 years and I haven't seen any rain at all bar the odd evening in Phuket.