recommendations for a good English speaking real estate agent in CM

jaideeguy

I'll second that...Perfect Homes....Mrs. Bradshaw is tops, and so is Noon. Their marketing is good, and they don't waste your time, showing you what you state you didn't want. That can be a real hassle for buyers. Some of the others, take the listing, and then do absolutely nothing, except steer clients to new developments they have personal interest in.

You should be able to sell in less than a month if you are priced right. Notice how the doomsayers have been quiet lately? The people counting the number of lights on, etc..? I noticed the 1.74 sign is gone at the new Palm Springs Condo. It now reads 2,xxx,xxx.

Show me your listing link, or describe it...I can give you a free appraisal and constructive comments. I've sold 8 homes over the years. Three without an agent.

I estimate it takes about 8 lookers to get a good offer. Make them call first....and give you 1 hours notice (and that is being generous), that way you will exclude the drive through tours. Some even require 24 hours notice, some have tenants....but buyers here often have planes to catch, so I recommend 1 hours notice before showing. If they are that pressed for time, then they won't possibly have the time to sign a good contract and give you EMD.

Start with annual rent x 13......should be in the ball-park.

I also would like to recommend Simon at Perfect Homes. I heard of him on this thread and contacted him. He came over and gave me a real opinion on the price and current market.

I instructed him to sell my Condo and 6 weeks later it is sold, Very professional and always willing to help with advice, I spend under 1 hour at land office and the money is in the bank - Well named business in my opinion as everything went "Perfect"

I second that. Simon will call it the way it is, and if the price is 'on the market' he will get on and sell effectively. If it's way over priced not much any agent can do.

I've been searching for a house for the last two months.

I've worked with five different real estate companies around town.

I can only recommend Elite Properties and Sompong. She speaks perfect English, is professional and efficient. They handle only better quality properties.

I found most of the other agents to either be more interested in the interests of their Thai owner's at the expense of the renter, or that their lease agreements were heavily weighed against the renter, rights, rules, vague language allowing the owner broad control, etc.. In one case the lease agreement used by one company was so renter-biased that I thought at first it was a joke. It was not.

One thing I found about Chiang Mai is that if you're looking for a house there are not many quality homes to chose from. When you do find one you have to insure you and the owner get along well and can communicate, then you need to be sure their lease is acceptable, then check there are no owner-imposed exceptions to how the house can be used, how things are to be repaired, who will pay what expenses, etc.

I've also learned...

• Be prepared to move on if there are any issues with the house you can't compromise on.
  • Be prepared to move to another agent or company company if your gut tells you something isn't right.
  • There are no exclusivity agreements to rental properties -- any agent can pretty much get you a property -- so don't fear moving on to another company.
  • Have an attorney handy to review your contract and never sign a lease that is not translated within the contract.
  • If your contract is in Thai and English, be sure to get the Thai sections translated to make sure they match the representative English section. I've found clauses in Thai that are not the same in the English translation.

Those are my thoughts...

And I still haven't found the right house yet.

" I found most of the other agents to either be more interested in the interests of their Thai owner's "

that is their duty as an agent............duhhh wacko.png

• Like 1