Dependent visa for my child

Hello,

Here's my situation.

I live and work in Thailand, have a one year extension of stay based on my Non B Visa.

I have a girlfriend, non-Thai, different nationality than me, who lives and works here and has a one year extension of stay based on her Non B Visa

We have a daughter 2 years old, holding the passport of my country. She is currently here on a overstay after she entered the country on a 30 days on arrival stamp.

Until recently we didn't worry much about visa for the baby as baby overstay wasn't (isn't?) an issue. We traveled abroad together a couple of times and never had any problems. But now we're thinking of getting a dependent visa for our daughter.

The questions:

What's the benefit and how much does it cost.

Once the baby is dependent do we need to get her a re-entry permit each time we travel abroad?

Whats the procedure of getting an extension?

Is it better if we get the dependent on the mothers extension (keeping in mind that she holds a different country's passport than the baby but her name is on the birth certificate) or on my extension as I have the same passport as the baby but I’m not sure if I'm legally the father of the baby according to Thai law ( I think, sadly, I’m not)

thanx!

The visa would be a non-O visa, cost is 2,000 baht in local currency and after that it would be yearly extensions of stayat 1,900 baht. (and re-entry permits if wanting to travel)

For the extension you would need to establish that she is your daughter and that you are her on an extension of stay. (Birth certificate paspsort and your passport).

The first step would be getting her a single entry non-o visa from an embassy or consulate. Birth certificate and either of your passports showing the extension stamp wold be needed.

I think immigration will accept the birth certificate showing you as the father of your child. They are only stringent on being the legal father for those that have Thai child when getting extensions.

After she has the non-o you would apply for her extension during the last 30 day of her 90 day entry. You will need the birth certificate and passport copies of the parent that she is going to be the dependent of. They will probably want a letter from your employer stating you are working for them.

So no way od doing this without leaving the country?

this combined with the cost of the visa and extension makes it quite expensive. Is it really worth it?

By the way, the baby is not Thai, born in Thailand but not holding a Thai passport.

You can not do it in country.

You only need the visa once and than it is 1,900 baht a year. Doesn't seem that much to me.

What you get is certainty. Children will not be fined under the new rules as a result of Thai criminal law and the special rules for minors. But unknown is if the rules for banning people on a long overstay will also apply to persons under 15. That is another matter.