List of documents/photocopies required for tourist visa extension

Passport photo, 1900 baht, TM.7 application form.

Can be downloaded here, please print both sides one one page.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

Avoid Mondays and Fridays.

Apply early (one week) , you will not loose any days, extensions starts at end of your permission to stay.

Be prepared that Samui immigrations wants 20 baht extra for "copy fee" = "tea money"

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Just one more question: my visa will expire on 17th of August (Sunday) but 11 and 12 will be public holidays. So can I go to the immigration office already on Friday 8th or do I have to wait until Wed 13th?

Anyway both days could be busy, but better before the public holidays (even if is friday) or after?

Thanks in advance for your patience wink.pngwai2.gif

Thanks for the reply.

Just one more question: my visa will expire on 17th of August (Sunday) but 11 and 12 will be public holidays. So can I go to the immigration office already on Friday 8th or do I have to wait until Wed 13th?

Anyway both days could be busy, but better before the public holidays (even if is friday) or after?

Thanks in advance for your patience wink.pngwai2.gif

Always go before a holiday shutdown. Most other people forget and go afterwards.

• Like 1

Be prepared that Samui immigrations wants 20 baht extra for "copy fee" = "tea money"

You don't have to pay the 20 Baht if you supply copies of all pages of your passport would likely cost more than 20 Baht to do. It's not a scam but rather a service which undercuts competitors.

You don't have to pay the 20 Baht if you supply copies of all pages of your passport would likely cost more than 20 Baht to do. It's not a scam but rather a service which undercuts competitors.

My copies are never good enough for the birdman, must make new ones. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

thanks for the replies...what about "proof of stay" or something like that...i read something about it but not sure if it applies to an extension?

For tourist extension, no.

For retirement or marriage extension you need house book or rental agreement.