Traffic Shaping?

fyrekrig

I have to lines of 512/256 ADSL with TOT here in Phuket. I am also in the area where TOT uses Pacific Internet as the ISP.

Apart from intermittent problems with the Pacific part of the network (Yahoo mail, content filtering, routers down) my download speeds with Bittorrent, Newsservers and FTP has been good, meaning I reach the promised speeds and throughput.

However lately my speeds on Bittorrents is down to a tricle, also on torrents with plenty of seeders/leechers and from areas (UK) with plenty of broadband connections. Speeds on other downloads are unaffected.

A friend of mine, also here in Phuket has a 1mb/512 ADSL connection with TOT but uses CAT as the ISP and has no problem with dowloading the same torrents I am trying.

Is Pacific doing traffic shaping on bittorrent packets?

Anybody else on Pacific having the same problem?

I have to lines of 512/256 ADSL with TOT here in Phuket. I am also in the area where TOT uses Pacific Internet as the ISP.

Apart from intermittent problems with the Pacific part of the network (Yahoo mail, content filtering, routers down) my download speeds with Bittorrent, Newsservers and FTP has been good, meaning I reach the promised speeds and throughput.

However lately my speeds on Bittorrents is down to a tricle, also on torrents with plenty of seeders/leechers and from areas (UK) with plenty of broadband connections. Speeds on other downloads are unaffected.

A friend of mine, also here in Phuket has a 1mb/512 ADSL connection with TOT but uses CAT as the ISP and has no problem with dowloading the same torrents I am trying.

Is Pacific doing traffic shaping on bittorrent packets?

Anybody else on Pacific having the same problem?

i hope this is not true

for 6 months i use goldcyber in phuket with pacific internet ISP,and apart block websites filtering :D (this is not governement block,because ttt maxnet home not filter website,this is decision only by isp)

my adsl is good,no p2p shaping and this is so important

before i use true and maxnet home and i'm very annoying with block p2p

6 months with goldcyber i use dc++ or emule and anythings ok in the night time and morning

but now,from 1 week allready like isp filter traffic p2p!!!!! :o

if continue like this,finish of month i will change provider for sure and package

maxnet for life is graet but expensive...........

cat is good,but only in night time,in the day time he filter p2p traffic

Edited by giulio