Calls mount for justice over MH17

Lite Beer

Well we all know who is to blame . It doesn't matter just who gave the order or pulled the trigger.

But the one who has a 100 % responsability in this matter is Malasian airline.

You do not fly over war zones , civil unrest zone or the "weird " country's and regions.

In all the years flying from SE asia to europe and back have I thought many times : WTH are we flying over this region ?

From the 800 to over a 1000 euro for a ticket , they can sure affort a detour.

Fuel is only a small part of the ticket price. ( Why can Ryanair fly with profit 2000 km for 30 euro - or less- but we have to pay at least 800 for 20.000 km return ticket ?)

Malaysian should be forced to pay a 100 milion THB per life lost. Not the insurance , but the airline itself. Get it from the far overpaid management and the bulk from liquidating their assets : sell their planes and landing rights,...

That should teach the airlines to value life more !

I have made plenty of......ehm.... "special posts" here on TV.

Several which I admit has been plain stupid.

Fortunately I can divide these idiot posts I made within a few thousand soso posts.

You managed to make such a post after a few dozen.

wink.png

Oh well, you will learn. Just as I did.

MH17 'never flew into risky airspace'

"In April, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) identified an area over the Crimean peninsula as risky," Malaysia Airlines said in a statement.

"At no point did MH17 fly into, or request to fly into, this area. At all times, MH17 was in airspace approved by the ICAO."

But following the disaster the airline will no longer fly near Ukraine.

"Malaysia Airlines now avoids Ukrainian airspace entirely, flying further south over Turkey," it said.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/07/19/12/40/mh17-never-flew-into-risky-airspace

I was not clear. I don't blame Malasian . Blame rests by a government we are not to critisize on TV , or be deleted.

The responibility however is 100 % malasian airways.

Yes others fly that route , Yes others are flying at this moment over "hostile " regions, but they have the option to not endanger their passengers by opting for a different flight path.

It is utterly amazing that there are no more "accidents" like this.

Bottomline is , you don't fly over risky regions and when sh t happens , they need to pay enoruos amounts , because money and profit is all they understand

As pointed out by experts, other commercial airlines have flown over this area. There are also countless of civilian aircraft that fly over strife torn areas like Gaza, Iraq and Afghanistan. Even the IATA didn't ban that area as a no fly zone.

Your blaming of Malaysian Airline for this is almost as bad as Putin blaming the legitimate Ukraine government because there wasn't peace in the region. Gotta love Russians blaming everyone else to cover themselves.

Yes it is totally ridiculous to blame MH for flying over an area that other airlines have flown over without a problem.

You blaming Putin for blaming the Ukrainians after the US and Australia blamed Russia is just as bad. All the finger pointing doesn't help anyone, not least the problem of investigating what happened and bringing to justice those responsible.

IMO it looks like the rebels misused a missile stolen from the Ukraine military without the capability to identify that the plane was civilian.

My sympathy goes out to the relatives of those who died and also to Malaysian Airways who were not at fault in any way.

I was not clear. I don't blame Malasian . Blame rests by a government we are not to critisize on TV , or be deleted.

Yes others fly that route , Yes others are flying at this moment over "hostile " regions, but they have the option to not endanger their passengers by opting for a different flight path.

Bottomline is , you don't fly over risky regions and when sh t happens , they need to pay enoruos amounts , because money and profit is all they understand

As pointed out by experts, other commercial airlines have flown over this area. There are also countless of civilian aircraft that fly over strife torn areas like Gaza, Iraq and Afghanistan. Even the IATA didn't ban that area as a no fly zone.

Your blaming of Malaysian Airline for this is almost as bad as Putin blaming the legitimate Ukraine government because there wasn't peace in the region. Gotta love Russians blaming everyone else to cover themselves.

Yes it is totally ridiculous to blame MH for flying over an area that other airlines have flown over without a problem.

You blaming Putin for blaming the Ukrainians after the US and Australia blamed Russia is just as bad. All the finger pointing doesn't help anyone, not least the problem of investigating what happened and bringing to justice those responsible.

IMO it looks like the rebels misused a missile stolen from the Ukraine military without the capability to identify that the plane was civilian.

My sympathy goes out to the relatives of those who died and also to Malaysian Airways who were not at fault in any way.

I'm not blaming Putin for anything except trying to cover his butt. Like someone on CNN said, his excuse is like a child's.

'Misused'? Really? That's a novel way of putting it. Stolen? No. The Russians have been arming the rebels and the missile launcher was provided by them.

• Like 1

Anger and concerns mount over MH17 downing

1405758376_1-org.jpg

Flowers and wreaths being placed in front of the Netherlands Embassy in Kiev. Nearly 200 Dutch nationals were on-board the flight. Photo: AFP

A Malaysian team including two air accident investigators arrived in Kiev on today (July 19) and the transport minister was expected to follow as the Malaysian prime minister appealed for access to the MH17 crash-Prime.

Prime Minister Najib Razak said he spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin by phone late yesterday (July 18) to stress the need for an objective, unfettered probe into the crash that killed 298 people, amid concerns the site was vulnerable to tampering.

"I also told Putin that the site should not be tampered (with) before the team begins its investigation," he was quoted saying by national news agency Bernama.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 came down in a separatist-held region, with the United States saying it was shot down in a missile attack, a possible casualty of Ukraine's battle with pro-Russia rebels.

A 62-member Malaysian team arrived in Kiev on Saturday, a member of the delegation told AFP.

It was to include two accredited air crash investigators invited by Ukraine to help probe responsibility for the disaster.

Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai was due to leave for Kiev later Saturday, the Star daily said.

Though it occurred in rebel territory, Ukraine's government has the authority to investigate the crash, under international conventions.

But concerns have emerged after international observers were blocked or given only partial access by armed rebels.

US President Barack Obama has said evidence indicates a missile was fired from the rebel-held zone.

The disaster has deeply shocked Malaysia, still grappling with the trauma of the March 8 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 with 239 passengers and crew aboard, including 38 Malaysians.

No trace of MH370 has been found, severely damaging Malaysia's image abroad and leaving furious passengers' relatives deeply anguished and demanding answers.

"Wrong target, who committed this atrocity?" leading Malay-language daily Utusan Malaysia said of MH17 on its front page Saturday, echoing the tone of most leading newspapers and Malaysian social media chatter.

Forty-four Malaysians were on the flight.

In an address to his nation late Friday, Najib demanded justice if it is determined that the plane was shot down, condemning what he called an "inhumane, uncivilised, violent and irresponsible act".

"Of course there is anger. Why must this happen only to us (in) Malaysia? I really feel like beating that Russian, Vladimir Putin," said Mohamad Shidee Mohamad Ghazali, 28, a welder with the state utility company Tenaga Nasional.

Civil servant Nor Azizah Johar, 31, said her childhood friend Mohamad Ali Mohamad Salim was aboard the flight. They had planned to meet up during the coming Eid al-Fitr Islamic holiday.

"I am shocked that such an incident can happen," she said.

"I leave it to Allah. What can we do? We are just pawns in this issue."

Kiev has accused pro-Russian separatists battling Ukrainian forces of committing a "terrorist act".

Stunned world leaders have urged a full investigation, which could further fan the flames of Russia's confrontation with Ukraine, the worst East-West crisis since the Cold War, if pro-Russian rebels are found culpable.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/anger-and-concerns-mount-over-mh17-downing-47418.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-19

I don't agree.

This concerns everyone of us who fly Asia to europe. Every airline that is now flying over Irak (ISIS) , Israel, Syria and even Iran and Lebanon , is playing with our lives.

This includes nearly all of the airlines that have a stopover in a ME country.

No matter what the Civil aviation or others say.

The arguement that other airline fly over it , does not matter. Now none of them fly over Ukraine.

So what does it take ? One ISIS guy with some "left behind" missiles ,to down a plane ( on his way to conquer Spain ), to declare Iraq a no fly zone ? A small mistake by a syrian jetfighter ?

What ... they fly too high ? But they sh t their pants when you shine a toy laserpointer?

Airlines are responsible for the safety of their passengers and so is Malaysia Airlines. (sorry for the misspell in other posts)

• Like 2

I'm not blaming Putin for anything except trying to cover his butt. Like someone on CNN said, his excuse is like a child's.

'Misused'? Really? That's a novel way of putting it. Stolen? No. The Russians have been arming the rebels and the missile launcher was provided by them.

Stolen - most probably. Despite your continuing effort to blame Russia, there is no evidence that the missile launcher was provided by them.

Pity that you are so taken in by the finger-pointing.

I don't agree.

This concerns everyone of us who fly Asia to europe. Every airline that is now flying over Irak (ISIS) , Israel, Syria and even Iran and Lebanon , is playing with our lives.

This includes nearly all of the airlines that have a stopover in a ME country.

No matter what the Civil aviation or others say.

The arguement that other airline fly over it , does not matter. Now none of them fly over Ukraine.

So what does it take ? One ISIS guy with some "left behind" missiles ,to down a plane ( on his way to conquer Spain ), to declare Iraq a no fly zone ? A small mistake by a syrian jetfighter ?

What ... they fly too high ? But they sh t their pants when you shine a toy laserpointer?

Airlines are responsible for the safety of their passengers and so is Malaysia Airlines. (sorry for the misspell in other posts)

Don't agree. If you have so much a problem with the ICA and many airlines why not take it up with them if you are so much an 'expert'.

I know who I'd rely on for air safety - and it's not you.

Stolen - most probably. Despite your continuing effort to blame Russia, there is no evidence that the missile launcher was provided by them.

Russian provided - most probably. Despite your continuing effort to defend Mother Russia, there is no evidence that the missile launcher was stolen from the legitimate Ukrainian government.

Pity that you are so taken in by Russian propaganda.

Russian provided - most probably. Despite your continuing effort to defend Mother Russia, there is no evidence that the missile launcher was stolen from the legitimate Ukrainian government.

You made the accusation without proof - meaning you're speculating. Where's your facts?

There are numerous web sites with the details of the rebels overrunning an Ukrainian anti-missile regiment - here's one:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ukraine-rebels-stole-same-missiles-that-may-have-taken-1606774715

Now, either stop posting untruths or provide evidence to back your claims.

Unfortunately there are many people who believe EVERYTHING the US tells them.

We all know they won't be blaming the neo nazi fascist Ukrainian government and if they have uncovered it was them, they will surely cover it up and keep on with the anti-Russian BS.

Keep pushing and poking the Russians and it is all going to end in tears.

They have China firmly on their side.

Well we all know who is to blame . It doesn't matter just who gave the order or pulled the trigger.

But the one who has a 100 % responsability in this matter is Malasian airline.

You do not fly over war zones , civil unrest zone or the "weird " country's and regions.

In all the years flying from SE asia to europe and back have I thought many times : WTH are we flying over this region ?

From the 800 to over a 1000 euro for a ticket , they can sure affort a detour.

Fuel is only a small part of the ticket price. ( Why can Ryanair fly with profit 2000 km for 30 euro - or less- but we have to pay at least 800 for 20.000 km return ticket ?)

Malaysian should be forced to pay a 100 milion THB per life lost. Not the insurance , but the airline itself. Get it from the far overpaid management and the bulk from liquidating their assets : sell their planes and landing rights,...

That should teach the airlines to value life more !

Good for a debate, but several airlines were in almost the same airspace at the same time. From different carriers. European air traffic controllers and Ukraine authorities hadn't restricted that airspace (over 32,000 feet). Just like they haven't for Afghanistan and many other war zones.

Some airlines have avoided that airspace, but many others hadn't. But obviously are now.

RIP to all on the airline.

Not much of a debate now we have a civi plane blown out of the sky really is there?

I call it out as hugely irresponsible and given the option what passenger would really agree to being flown over a war zone at any height?

You made the accusation without proof - meaning you're speculating. Where's your facts?

There are numerous web sites with the details of the rebels overrunning an Ukrainian anti-missile regiment - here's one:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ukraine-rebels-stole-same-missiles-that-may-have-taken-1606774715

You 'proof' is a website called 'foxtralpha'. Mmmkay. rolleyes.gif

Great job backing up YOUR claims!

I selected it at random from a Google search. There are more.

If you really want to find out what the rebels stole from the Ukrainian military (which you seem not to want) go and do your own search.

Do you always rely on unfounded speculation (or propaganda) for your juvenile attempts at an argument?

This is my last attempt to point you towards a semblance of knowledge.

If you really want to find out what the rebels stole from the Ukrainian military (which you seem not to want) go and do your own search.

Do you always rely on unfounded speculation (or propaganda) for your juvenile attempts at an argument?

I have actually Googled it. And there are as many articles out there which also state that the Russians have been providing the rebels with anti aircraft weaponry which includes the BUK missile launcher. Not only just weaponry but also training to use such weapons.

Do you always rely on unfounded speculation (or propaganda) for YOUR juvenile attempts at an argument? Foxtrotalpha! Pffft!

You mean you were actually attempting? clap2.gif

Time for the Thai army to go kick some real military arse now, and sort out this troubled world and that’s not civilian arse we can kick just stand back world we are coming to get you and Putin you just watch yourself one more wrong move from you pal and we will have you.

"Keep pushing and poking the Russians and it is all going to end in tears.

They have China firmly on their side."

Not so sure about that. Two over-glorified countries trying to demand (by force) a return to their imagined past glory. The citizens thereof lack access to basics like clean air, water, food and get thrown in jail if they fart the national anthem. So who will it end in tears for?

• Like 1

"Keep pushing and poking the Russians and it is all going to end in tears.

They have China firmly on their side."

Not so sure about that. Two over-glorified countries trying to demand (by force) a return to their imagined past glory. The citizens thereof lack access to basics like clean air, water, food and get thrown in jail if they fart the national anthem. So who will it end in tears for?

China's food bowl seems to be in Australia at the moment where they own huge agricultural properties and beef/sheep/pork farms. Can all be stripped from them.

Malaysia Air need to take a chunk of responsibility imo.

Flying a civilian plane over a war zone is crazy.

you don't know a lot do you. The plane for a start, was flying on a path used by many others that day. and it had clearance. It was at a height that no run of the mill rocket could down it, except a high tech rocket used by Government Army's. Or sold/ given by Governments. that's the question who gave or sold the rocket.

• Like 1

Why was MH17 flying over near/over a war zone?

The management/owners of Malay Airlines are responsible for putting the passengers/crew in danger. Whilst they are not guilty of actually destroying the plane, just like they were not responsible directly for MH370, the level of incompetence and arrogance of the owners/management is unbelievable for NOT rerouting their flights. It is time to shut these cowboy airlines down.

Many, many airlines were flying in that airspace. It wasn't restricted by European air traffic controllers nor by Ukraine authorities. Along the same path, at almost the same time, were planes from several other airlines.

A good article to read:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-plane-crash/why-was-malaysia-airlines-mh17-flying-over-ukraine-time-money-n159161

This incident is unprecedented really, Greg Waldron, Asia managing editor Flight Global told the BBC. A lot of the weapons used by separatists and other guerrilla groups simply dont have the range to get [to 33,000 feet], they dont have the accuracy to hit something like an airliner.

It was available but was not compulsory. BA and Qantas stopped using that airspace when conflict began.

According to Russian ambassador to UN, Ukrainian traffic control diverted plane to use this airspace instead of an alternative.

True or not, only a guess, but if BA and Qantas stopped to use it, no reason why others could not be re routed

Malaysia Air need to take a chunk of responsibility imo.

Flying a civilian plane over a war zone is crazy.

you don't know a lot do you. The plane for a start, was flying on a path used by many others that day. and it had clearance. It was at a height that no run of the mill rocket could down it, except a high tech rocket used by Government Army's. Or sold/ given by Governments. that's the question who gave or sold the rocket.

I know enough to know because that plane flew over a war zone it has been blown up.

We all know where that rocket came from and we all know who fired it so it seems it's you who doesn't know too much, not me.

If you bothered to check airline flight paths, readily on google, you would see thousands of planes diverting the Ukraine especially the west corner because it's a war zone.

There is no need to argue who shot the plane as it is obvious. It was shot down from rebel controlled area. And if it is going to be proven that the missile came from the ground then there will be no doubt that it was shot by pro Russian separatists.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

There is no need to argue who shot the plane as it is obvious. It was shot down from rebel controlled area. And if it is going to be proven that the missile came from the ground then there will be no doubt that it was sot by pro Russian separatists.

Oh so that's all settled then - is that what the lying, complicit, mainstream media propaganda machine told you?

Did they also tell you where MH370 is by any chance ??

Edited by Chopperboy

There is no need to argue who shot the plane as it is obvious. It was shot down from rebel controlled area. And if it is going to be proven that the missile came from the ground then there will be no doubt that it was sot by pro Russian separatists.

Oh so that's all settled then - is that what the lying, complicit, mainstream media propaganda machine told you?

You are mistaken. I don't follow only western mainstream media. I've been following the Ukrainian conflict from the start of it. I read also mainstream Russian media. And yes so far many planes were exclusively shot by pro- Russians rebels in that area. And the first news that came from separatists was acknowledging the deed of shooting down the plane. But to their surprise it was an MH flight. Even rebels were wondering why on Earth was the commercial plane flying over the war zone? Russians are trying to cover up as much as they can, but their theories are ridiculuos and don't add up.

• Like 2

Doesn't anybody wonder how the rebels managed to steal the weapons system, arm it, track their target and bring down an aircraft from 33,000 feet without some technical assistance?

Did the rebels steal that expertise as well?

The Russian military had to have something to do with this and I see no way of getting around that.

You are mistaken. I don't follow only western mainstream media. I've been following the Ukrainian conflict from the start of it. I read also mainstream Russian media. And yes so far many planes were exclusively shot by pro- Russians rebels in that area. And the first news that came from separatists was acknowledging the deed of shooting down the plane. But to their surprise it was an MH flight. Even rebels were wondering why on Earth was the commercial plane flying over the war zone? Russians are trying to cover up as much as they can, but their theories are ridiculuos and don't add up.

'Every single day we're lying': Russia Today reporter resigns over coverage of Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash

A Russia Today reporter quit Friday, furious over the way the network covered the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 crash.

Sara Firth, who was born in the UK and has worked for the state-backed TV station since 2009, said Russia Today suggested the Ukrainian government took down the Boeing 777 flying over the country.

London-based reporter is not the first journalist to call the network's bias into questions — another reporter quit in March over the way Russian management covered riots in neighboring Ukraine.

"I couldn't do it anymore," she told Buzzfeed. "Every single day we're lying and finding sexier ways to do it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/russia-today-reporter-quits-malaysia-airlines-mh17-crash-coverage-article-1.1871924

The internationally agreed flight path restriction only applied for 32,000' and below.

The flight entered Ukraine air space at 36,000' and was instructed to descend to 33,000' by Ukraine air traffic controllers.

The separatists stole the rocket launcher from Ukraine armories some time ago. Ukraine's military has never admitted as much. They either know the truth about disloyalty in their ranks or they are totally ignorant of what was stolen (or given away) and can't admit as much.

The Russians are only guilty inasmuch as they sold these Buk SAM systems to their neighbour 'in good faith.'

The separatists fired the SAM. In one report it is a 'sophisticated' system that needs trained operators as it is autonomous from commercial air traffic control system, thus bolstering the claim of direct Russian involvement. In another report, it is a cold war relic that was specifically designed to be autonomous and not integrated with other systems, this supporting the claims that some separatists just needed to read the manual to be able to pulled the trigger. Moot point really as aerial warfare and commercial air transport are not easy bed fellows.

The separatists are stalling the immediate access to the first-responders. Why? what have they possibly got to hide? I think you know the answer.

Shamefully, the Russian and Ukraine governments have been shy on apologies and heavy on finger pointing and totally absent on assisting with the immediate recovery efforts. Even the dead victims can be used as valuable pawns in this colonial conflict.

More shamefully, both Cameron and Merkel are sitting on their hands after phone discussions with POTUS.

Russia has Europe's gas and the US is self-sufficient. The rest is collateral damage.

• Like 1

The internationally agreed flight path restriction only applied for 32,000' and below.

The flight entered Ukraine air space at 36,000' and was instructed to descend to 33,000' by Ukraine air traffic controllers.

The separatists stole the rocket launcher from Ukraine armories some time ago. Ukraine's military has never admitted as much. They either know the truth about disloyalty in their ranks or they are totally ignorant of what was stolen (or given away) and can't admit as much.

The Russians are only guilty inasmuch as they sold these Buk SAM systems to their neighbour 'in good faith.'

The separatists fired the SAM. In one report it is a 'sophisticated' system that needs trained operators as it is autonomous from commercial air traffic control system, thus bolstering the claim of direct Russian involvement. In another report, it is a cold war relic that was specifically designed to be autonomous and not integrated with other systems, this supporting the claims that some separatists just needed to read the manual to be able to pulled the trigger. Moot point really as aerial warfare and commercial air transport are not easy bed fellows.

The separatists are stalling the immediate access to the first-responders. Why? what have they possibly got to hide? I think you know the answer.

Shamefully, the Russian and Ukraine governments have been shy on apologies and heavy on finger pointing and totally absent on assisting with the immediate recovery efforts. Even the dead victims can be used as valuable pawns in this colonial conflict.

More shamefully, both Cameron and Merkel are sitting on their hands after phone discussions with POTUS.

Russia has Europe's gas and the US is self-sufficient. The rest is collateral damage.

um I am deciding your word or the word of numerous different academics and military adivisors I have seen interviewed and read reports from. They differ from you but they may not be as connected.

That video of the rebels talking to the Russians was time stamped on the day before the crash.

Ukraine had a democratically elected government - before the take over by a bunch on neo Nazis funded from the West.

They claim they can't find MH370 but yet within one hour start the media machine blaming the Russians for MH17.

The Russians have nothing to gain while the west clearly does - no fly zone to aid their rebels.

Reports and video footage taken at the time of the crash showing that the corpses were already in stages of decay.

The plane is destroyed yet the passports that were found are pristine...

Edited by Chopperboy