Time to get 'jealous girls' off screen

Lite Beer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The junta are currently reviewing 'Neighbours' as a primary soap replacement. If this doesn't work they will fall back to 'Home and Away' or 'Prisoner'.

That's all we need re-runs of Vera(Vinegar Tits Bennet)facepalm.gif

Paulzed we have been going along fine for so many years and now some one has to spoil our day by causing us to think of old Vinegar Tits. Thanks Chris!

Just think about the nude scenes of number 96 and it will all be better soon!!biggrin.png

Wow were going back away now, Abigail had outstanding features.

''Homosexuality as comic relief''

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If I want that, I'll just head down to Soi 4, buy a beer and watch the ladyboys. (Note: Watch only.) They are an absolute hoot.

These soaps have an endless stream of moronic admirers replenished every time there is a birth in Thailand.

These shows are likely no more inane than the trash we have at home

These soaps have an endless stream of moronic admirers replenished every time there is a birth in Thailand.

the BIG difference is that "at home" there are other/more options, plenty of them. Here is absolutely NONE...

Indeed. It is the sheer volume and lack of choice which is part of the problem. Every major Thai channel from 7.00 to 10.00 (very long episodes) is filled with the cack.

Soapies must be bad where you come from then

Agree 100% about the stupid sound cartoon noises

If they didn't have the stupid cartoon noises, the Thais watching the program wouldn't know when to laugh!!thumbsup.gif

Speaking of noises, my previous old girlfriend God rest her soul bought a Charlie Chaplin silent film DVD. I was shocked and amazed when it started playing. They had done a Thai language audio dub from start to finish including the cartoon noises.

• Like 1

Isn't a "soapie" something else?

wink.png

Joke aside,

The organizations who like to get rid of these things, should start to link the products up with the rape and violent scenes.

If Euro Cake is a main sponsor, then link Euro Cake with rape. Hammer their Facebook and other social outlets with the message.

• Like 2

very good lesson for the teenagers those soaps with there damn noises, new technology I think an at channel 7 bad video operators

Just think someone actually wanted to export them around ASEAN as an example of Thainess.

They are exported and they are (of course) pretty popular, otherwise the exporting would have stopped, to ASEAN and elsewhere. Thailand, Mexico, South Korea... I can't think of any other countries that profit so handsomely off exports of soap operas. Anyone?

I was going to say England, but they have only a few interminable (and very profitable) ones, not a steady supply of dozens of fresh ones like the above three. And the US TV series, most of them weekly, are episodic, not serials. Actual US soap operas have never, to my knowledge been successfully exported in the fashion of Thai ones, which are big sellers abroad, both to TV networks and on disk.

Every Thai soap use exactly the same script that has been around for decades. Surely they are not expecting the writers to create new scripts Plagiarism has worked fine for years. What could they possibly find to write about if they can't use filthy rich brats, screaming women, ghosts and a few guns. Is there anything else to life?

...dwarves, katoeys, and fart jokes... (don't forget the boing noises)

Lol indeed they are, but aren't they everywhere? Have to say no expert in the genre just recall from earliest of days always seeing this type of trash on tv everywhere I've lived. If locals have even basic true....which many do these days, then there is a lot of other viewing options. I have the family pkg and there is a ton of options beyond that drivel.

I can live with the repetitious plots.

I can live with the effeminate blokes poncing around.

I can live with the constant fighting and guns.

But.....PLEASE get rid of the dubbed cartoon sound effects, they drive me to utter distraction!!!! facepalm.gif

This!

Tsoing Tsoing Biiiiiieeeeeewww boing boing boing

Most annoying thing ever! Every single comedy in every channels uses the same bank of 10 sounds, every two frikking seconds. Even talk shows can't prevent to add those retarded sounds to every single vaguely funny sentence their guests are saying. This has been going on for years. I hope this was going to quickly fade, not to avail. I showed my girlfriend quality series and she loves them, but she is still glued to her evening stupid lakorn. mad.gif

• Like 1

In a related development, the BP reported break-ins at several major broadcasters and movie sets last night, in what seems to have been a co-ordinated and devastating attack. The thieves made off with every slide-whistle in the prop rooms and has brought the entire Thai entertainment industry to its knees. Unnamed sources in the junta said they suspected red involvement.

Fearing that the Thai public might desperately resort to reading uncensored history books and text books from ferang countries, an emergency shipment of ah-ooga horns is enroute now from the kind British, who are donating the lot and a set of tympani drums from the archived props of the Benny Hill show.

Details will be forthcoming as the story develops.

• Like 1

In our house and life Thai TV/Radio is completely banned! Since we were living in Europe for a long time we both cannot stand anything that is on air here. Sure we´ve got a lot of crap too, but as many already mentioned there are many gems between all our western rubbish.

My wife also used to watch a lot of that stuff when she was young but now she´s just annyoed by it (thank you lord wai.gif )

In the car I use my iphone to listen to my favourite radio stations from home with a real news programm or my fav music without any boing sounds - what a relief for my ears.

Boooiiinnnng, dmm dmmm dmmm diimmmm, zeeeeooow sick.gif

Edited by I knew this would happen

the crazy thing is, these crazy soaps have more impact than what children learn in school, if any

yes, that's why it is by and large, unfortunately, a reflection of "real" Thailand... and the system keeps perpetuating itself... and the vast majority of the Thai people does not find anything wrong with that, I am sure, just wondering what the heck WE are talking about...

Maybe its time to take all the soaps off Thai TV. I wounder how it must feel sat on the floor hurting from your day in the field working to live to try and provide for your family, when you look at Soaps and see them spending more on Coffees than you make in a day, And all live in Up to-date houses with lavish fixtures and fittings.,all with the up to date top of the range cars. Or maybe they want to try and aspire to this life style.

• Like 1

It does all seem like minor variations of the same story to me, but I find the constant need for a monologue explaining aloud what the character is feeling because the actor is incapable of expressing it, and the long lingering pauses where people stand gazing into space to a musical background to make sure every episode of every soap is an excruciating 2 hrs plus long to be particularly comical.

Gotta say that the actresses are getting better looking though, probably because many of them are half farang. At least there is one thing we are still needed for.

It does all seem like minor variations of the same story to me, but I find the constant need for a monologue explaining aloud what the character is feeling because the actor is incapable of expressing it, and the long lingering pauses where people stand gazing into space to a musical background to make sure every episode of every soap is an excruciating 2 hrs plus long to be particularly comical.

Gotta say that the actresses are getting better looking though, probably because many of them are half farang. At least there is one thing we are still needed for.

Yeah, same stuff over and over again, but demand seems to be there.

Actors are either half farang or have got some major surgeries, what´s on screen then is so far off any Thai reality that I really wonder why they are watching it. I´d be pissed to get constantly reminded how much "better" they are. Where are the loser lads like Duck Heffernan, Homer Simpson or Al Bundy tongue.png

I think this should be priority number one for the Junta, things need to change- now!

in case you missed Prayuth's address to the nation the other night, he did say something about Thais watching too many soap opera television shows are harmful to young Thai people.

I think Thai tv is so so so bad I will not remain in the same room when ANY Thai show is on... well almost none. I think Chris Delivery is GREAT. I wish he has a show helping us from the West to learn Thai. But the others???? GEEZE oh and how a/b the sound effects???? WOW.

BOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Totally agree Kurnell, would be giving this a like.

Thai Soaps are a filth that need to be cleansed.

#tenthousandlikesforkurnell

I was/am more shocked by another common scene but also including those you mention.

That is, the screaming of children at their parents. That seems most unThai of all these soaps.

These are teenagers and young adults shouting and insulting their parents...... non-amazing Thailand.

I know a priest with Exorcism experience

• Like 1

as we are talking "cleansing"... what do we do with the "Kaiser Walzer........" IF that question is permitted........? ;)

Whenever I see and hear that I think I am dreaming.....