Has anyone on 28/28 or similar equal time rota actually been refused entry ?

diggerdo

whistling.gif The whole thing is that the software program for entries has been modified to "notice" those who repeatedly enter Thailand and make note of those by highlighting their names and I.D.'s on repeated entries.

So if you are doing a 28/28 on-off rotation you are going to be noticed and flagged on the computer.

That will probably mean that at some point you will be taken aside for some (hopefully polite) questioning.

I made a suggestion before on this forum, that if you are employed offshore and are on a rotation schedule you should at least attempt to get some kind of letter from your company:s personnel office identifying you as an employee of that company and stating that you are employed on a regular rotation schedule and will re-enter Thailand often.

I would try to get such a letter on the company letterhead and have it translated into Thai even if you yourself have to pay for the translation.

I would have such a letter laminated in a plastic cover, and make it a practice to always have that company letter when I entered Thailand.

It might not work, but anything that looks official probably won't hurt . At least it is worth a try.

This is called CYAP, or Cover Your A-- With Paper.....and is a standard tactic used to deal with government officials anywhere in the world.

But of course given Thailand has an offshore business it needs to be worded very clearly and concisely that your not working in Thailand otherwise you will create even bigger problems as they may think your working the oil patch in Thailand

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whistling.gif The whole thing is that the software program for entries has been modified to "notice" those who repeatedly enter Thailand and make note of those by highlighting their names and I.D.'s on repeated entries.

So if you are doing a 28/28 on-off rotation you are going to be noticed and flagged on the computer.

That will probably mean that at some point you will be taken aside for some (hopefully polite) questioning.

I made a suggestion before on this forum, that if you are employed offshore and are on a rotation schedule you should at least attempt to get some kind of letter from your company:s personnel office identifying you as an employee of that company and stating that you are employed on a regular rotation schedule and will re-enter Thailand often.

I would try to get such a letter on the company letterhead and have it translated into Thai even if you yourself have to pay for the translation.

I would have such a letter laminated in a plastic cover, and make it a practice to always have that company letter when I entered Thailand.

It might not work, but anything that looks official probably won't hurt . At least it is worth a try.

This is called CYAP, or Cover Your A-- With Paper.....and is a standard tactic used to deal with government officials anywhere in the world.

Why bother.. you could always show your valid work permit for a country outside Thailand.

This conversation pops up about every 6 months and I don't believe it one bit. There must be more to the OPs story than he is sharing with us.

Kurt

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of an issue today when arriving from a weekend trip to HKG.

I arrived with Emirates and got the fast track card as usual. Woman started scratching her head and called in supervisor, who explained to me that I have "too many" in and out's without a visa, so system was "locked". But "no problem". Then supervisor explained that I should get a visa next time....type O, 3 month or something...

I have worked the last 5 years offshore overseas on a 28/28 rota, which is more like 25 days in TH and 31 days away. Never ever had an issue before, always got the 30 day stamp on arrival.

There is no way I can apply for a visa to Thailand in Angola where my rig is.

The thing is, I came home from the rig 10 days ago to BKK, then last Friday I went to HongKong for a wedding and arrived back here 2 hours ago. In 3 days, I plan to go to Scandinavia to see relatives, Immigration might trip again if I arrive in 10 days from now without a visa again.

Anyhow, she gave me the 30 day stamp today without any comments or anything in the passport.

Any suggestions on how to best solve this??

Thanks.

your story shows ;

you work in Angola on a platform,

But you live practically in Thailand !

Where to you pay tax ?

Usually you have to do it where you live too !

Do you pay any tax here ? no,

and you are not coming for tourism,

but u use all infrastructures for which all Thai and we farongs living here, also pay,

But U use them all without anny penny to pay !

So I think to avoid you entrance with correct Visa is correct !!

our story shows ;

Where to you pay tax ?Thailand (every time he buys something) As long as he chooses to not take the discount price !!

And the country he works in and possibly his country of nationality as well!!

Do you pay any tax here ? no,WRONG!!!!! EVERY Thai business has to submit their VAT revenue EVERY month whistling.gif

and you are not coming for tourism, No he is entering on a permit to stay (Visa exempt) for 30 days. Which he is quite entitled to do

but u use all infrastructures for which all Thai and we farongs living here, also pay, You are joking right? The Thai tax system is probably the most abused I have ever seen!!!

But U use them all without anny penny to pay ! BELIEVE me when I say, he is paying every day he stays here.....

So I think to avoid you entrance with correct Visa is correct !! You seem VERY jaded, had a bad experience here have we?

Trust me when I say this EVERY Farang that resides her on any sort of permanent basis has paid, one way or another!! I don´t see why you are fixated on the tax view (unless you are Thai), but if he is not working here in Thailand, and chooses to spend the sort of money that a reasonably well off man would and should be encouraged to spend his money here. After all the country benefits from all of the VAT that he pays, as well as all of the other benefits he (financially) brings with him.

Ok what I did was that I got myself the Thailand Elite visa. 500k THB. So all good now...

Had a bit of an issue today when arriving from a weekend trip to HKG.

I arrived with Emirates and got the fast track card as usual. Woman started scratching her head and called in supervisor, who explained to me that I have "too many" in and out's without a visa, so system was "locked". But "no problem". Then supervisor explained that I should get a visa next time....type O, 3 month or something...

I have worked the last 5 years offshore overseas on a 28/28 rota, which is more like 25 days in TH and 31 days away. Never ever had an issue before, always got the 30 day stamp on arrival.

There is no way I can apply for a visa to Thailand in Angola where my rig is.

The thing is, I came home from the rig 10 days ago to BKK, then last Friday I went to HongKong for a wedding and arrived back here 2 hours ago. In 3 days, I plan to go to Scandinavia to see relatives, Immigration might trip again if I arrive in 10 days from now without a visa again.

Anyhow, she gave me the 30 day stamp today without any comments or anything in the passport.

Any suggestions on how to best solve this??

Thanks.

your story shows ;

Where to you pay tax ?

Do you pay any tax here ? no,

and you are not coming for tourism,

but u use all infrastructures for which all Thai and we farongs living here, also pay,

But U use them all without anny penny to pay !

So I think to avoid you entrance with correct Visa is correct !!

our story shows ;

Where to you pay tax ?Thailand (every time he buys something) As long as he chooses to not take the discount price !!

And the country he works in and possibly his country of nationality as well!!

Do you pay any tax here ? no,WRONG!!!!! EVERY Thai business has to submit their VAT revenue EVERY month whistling.gif

and you are not coming for tourism, No he is entering on a permit to stay (Visa exempt) for 30 days. Which he is quite entitled to do

but u use all infrastructures for which all Thai and we farongs living here, also pay, You are joking right? The Thai tax system is probably the most abused I have ever seen!!!

But U use them all without anny penny to pay ! BELIEVE me when I say, he is paying every day he stays here.....

So I think to avoid you entrance with correct Visa is correct !! You seem VERY jaded, had a bad experience here have we?

Trust me when I say this EVERY Farang that resides her on any sort of permanent basis has paid, one way or another!! I don´t see why you are fixated on the tax view (unless you are Thai), but if he is not working here in Thailand, and chooses to spend the sort of money that a reasonably well off man would and should be encouraged to spend his money here. After all the country benefits from all of the VAT that he pays, as well as all of the other benefits he (financially) brings with him.

Ok what I did was that I got myself the Thailand Elite visa. 500k THB. So all good now...

Well done on using your offshore wealth for the Elite card, its always good to see a fellow offshore worker making life easy for themselves while bitter fools get nasty and anonymously write garbage on here in an attempt to bring their misery on your good self.

One question, I've been offshore for nearly twenty years and cannot understand what mango66 is blabbering on about. What is tax? I've never heard of it? I hope its not contagious. Anyway, welcome to Thailand Elite! Enjoy!

Archived