Looking For Good Raisen Bread

OMGImInPattaya

If you have an oven just make your own. Don't know if you can be bothered but anyway....

200ml water (must be over 46 degc but under 50)

1Tbsp Yeast

1/8 cup sugar

1/4 cup oil/butter

add as many raisins as you want

1/2 tsp all spice.

Put all this in a bowl, make sure its warm (see above) let it sit for 15mins to ferment, bubbles up.

add

1 egg

2/12- 3 Cups Flour

knead together, put on a tray for another 15min (or loaf tin) to rise. Bake for 15-20 mins at 190 deg C.

Easy,, can be done in less than one hour.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

Or "risen"? I was wondering.

If it is "raisin" then Topps in Central may have something like that. They do a fair number of speciality breads. Also Loaf may have it.

My personal favourite is UK malt loaf. Mmmmm.

If you have an oven just make your own.

Absolutely true but quite a big "if" in a town where so many people live in condos/apartments.

I do have a combo microwave/convection oven and I do make all my own bread and it is easy, but prior to buying the oven it was shop bread every time.

Foodlands have it, got some yesterday, fair amount of raisins & not too bad to taste.

Would buy again if that helps

Don't usually check Foodland for baked goods as most if their breads are dreadful. Will take a look next time. Need it for some French Toast :)

Or "risen"? I was wondering.

If it is "raisin" then Topps in Central may have something like that. They do a fair number of speciality breads. Also Loaf may have it.

My personal favourite is UK malt loaf. Mmmmm.

So where can one buy this UK malt loaf, which is a favourite of mine. Thanks.

Foodlands have it, got some yesterday, fair amount of raisins & not too bad to taste.

Don't usually check Foodland for baked goods as most if their breads are dreadful. Will take a look next time. Need it for some French Toast smile.png

Friendship now sells Challah bread. You might give it a try- no raisins, but makes great French toast (grilled cheese... and stuffing, too).

Don't usually check Foodland for baked goods as most if their breads are dreadful. Will take a look next time. Need it for some French Toast smile.png

Friendship now sells Challah bread. You might give it a try- no raisins, but makes great French toast (grilled cheese... and stuffing, too).

You're right about the challah making good French toast. I can get that at Best Market in Naklua too.

I used to buy excellent, fluffy raisin bread in North Pattaya Lotus. Going down the back escalator to gr. floor, make a right towards the central / outer exit and there on the left is / used to be a great little bake-shop, some Japanese/Chain?, at least sounded like that. And was very cheap on top of that. Will head out there to check it out myself. Good luck. MS>

I used to buy excellent, fluffy raisin bread in North Pattaya Lotus. Going down the back escalator to gr. floor, make a right towards the central / outer exit and there on the left is / used to be a great little bake-shop, some Japanese/Chain?, at least sounded like that. And was very cheap on top of that. Will head out there to check it out myself. Good luck. MS>

Youre referring to the Yamazaki I think...didn't know they did raisin bread...but they do make some nice treats. I'll check there too as it's convenient for me.

• Like 1

Youre referring to the Yamazaki I think...didn't know they did raisin bread...but they do make some nice treats. I'll check there too as it's convenient for me.

That is it. Thank you. They used to do them fresh a few times a day. Nice size, 65 Baht a loaf. Top shelve left side. Thanks again. MS>