Argies V Krauts

Simmo

Germany did NOT deserve that win. Argentina was by far the better team., they must have had 80% possession. I still think they are the best team in this tournament. Argentina decapitated themselves when they took Riquelme off. Germany somehow scratched through out of nowhere like they always did. And: It was an extremely boring game, except for the goals hardly any chances. I'm afraid some of the next games involving Italy, Germany and Ukraine will be similar, with two teams being happy to just neutralize each other. Can't understand why Argentina did not go for the killer after their first goal when the Germans were almost dead already. They feared the German myth and their fear played into the German's hands.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Deutschland, just knocked the best team (IMO) out of the tournament. Not often I support the Jerries, but what a fantastic potential final. Brazil might have something to say about that, though, and Italy too. Sorry to the Ukrainians, Portuguese, and French, but I can't see any of them causing an upset.

i bloody well hope so. He got a street named after him the other day, and did anybody see the way merckel was cheering in her little red (?) blazer with outsized shoulder pads...

yeah, someone should tell her its not fashion to pull those pants almost over her ears!

Street named after Klinsmann

29/06/2006 15:11 - (SA)

Geislingen an der Steige, Germany - Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann received a special honour on Thursday when a street was named after him in the southern German region where he grew up.

Mayor Wolfgang Amann put up the sign himself for Juergen Klinsmann Way in the community of Geislingen an der Steige in Swabia.

The road runs past a sports ground where the coach played football as a boy. - Sapa-dpa

I can´t find the pic.. .yet! news is hot off the press

Well done Deutschland, just knocked the best team (IMO) out of the tournament. Not often I support the Jerries, but what a fantastic potential final. Brazil might have something to say about that, though, and Italy too. Sorry to the Ukrainians, Portuguese, and French, but I can't see any of them causing an upset.

thanks for being a fair sportsman by saying this...... the people in Germany know very well, that other countries have a lot of better players, but to have a lot of very skilled players does not necessarily mean to have the best TEAM..... the German team is young and hard working and Jürgen Klinsmann a smart and intelligent person who goes his very own way and doesn't care what the such-called "experts" say..... it's an absolute sensation what they achieved so far..... and well, this time today the bashers cant blame the referee or the bad FIFA or whatever was said in this topic here before.... they just worked hard and deserved their reward.... the tragedy is that two teams who performed so well in their group-stage games had to clash so early in the knock-out round....

Edited by AsiaWolfie

Germany did NOT deserve that win. Argentina was by far the better team., they must have had 80% possession.

No mate, you should have watched the Germany - Argentina game. Midfield cancelled themselves out. Slack passing. Neither team adventurous. Both teams had one shot at goal each on target. Hence 1-1. Possesion roughly equal. If they're that frigging good, why did the Argies fall over when anyone looked too long at them?. I've gone right off Ballack as well after that show in the penalty area. One thing the Argies did win clearly. Argentina 6 Germany 1( dives in the penalty area)

Win or lose tonight, there is one thing sure. England will try and play that little old game called football.

Germany did NOT deserve that win. Argentina was by far the better team., they must have had 80% possession.

No mate, you should have watched the Germany - Argentina game. Midfield cancelled themselves out. Slack passing. Neither team adventurous. Both teams had one shot at goal each on target. Hence 1-1. Possesion roughly equal. If they're that frigging good, why did the Argies fall over when anyone looked too long at them?. I've gone right off Ballack as well after that show in the penalty area. One thing the Argies did win clearly. Argentina 6 Germany 1( dives in the penalty area)

Win or lose tonight, there is one thing sure. England will try and play that little old game called football.

They were taking lessons from the italians

The Argies were all over them like a cheap suit for most of it, but as rainman says, after their goal, the Argies sat back and were cruisin. Germany deserved to win, what with all the pathetic theatricals - surely it's better to have a crack at goal than do the diving thing? That also goes for Ballack - I was really impressed with him until he started down that road. While the football was fairly quick, there was no brilliance there, as with certain other teams, from either side, but I reckon Germany deserved it and they took their penalties the way they're meant to be taken... number 1 Argie goalie may have made a difference here.

What I am disgusted with is the German fans with their constant jeering whenever the Argies got hold of the ball, which went from kick off right the way through to the penalties. Totally unsporting and <deleted> bad mannered. I was wishing for a couple more from the Argies to shut the a$$holes up. :o

What I am disgusted with is the German fans with their constant jeering whenever the Argies got hold of the ball, which went from kick off right the way through to the penalties. Totally unsporting and <deleted> bad mannered. I was wishing for a couple more from the Argies to shut the a$$holes up. :D

What a bunch of <deleted>' sour grapes we have on this board - - - - - - HEY JackR - ever heard of Home Ground Advantage or do you have your head shoved so far up your @rse all you can see is the inside of your tiny weenie? I wish you, the über-a$$hole would shut up. :D

I watch the EPL every week-end and it is absolutely no different - nor is it for any other teams playing on home ground. Why the attitude?

Jerk-off comes to mind here for your new board name.

I thought Gerd was being a tad sensitive about the anti-German comments, it is by and large humour, but some of the cr@p here recently is pathetic.

It was certainly generally boring, I thought I was watching England play . . . :o . . . and Ballack has been really disappointing so far - and what was with the face-grabbing in the box? Sure there was contact, but my 3-month old bangs her head aginast my shoulder harder and doesn't cry about it.

Just goes to show, though, that "it ain't over till it's over".

Talk about sore losers - the melee at the end was pathetic, but pretty much typical of Argentina's reputation as sore losers - kind of like jackr, or j@rk-off. This is something that looks like you'd be in, either a king-hit blindside w@anker or girlie-kicking.

16a8uv9.jpg

Edited by Sing_Sling

What I am disgusted with is the German fans with their constant jeering whenever the Argies got hold of the ball, which went from kick off right the way through to the penalties. Totally unsporting and <deleted> bad mannered. I was wishing for a couple more from the Argies to shut the a$$holes up. :D

What a bunch of <deleted>' sour grapes we have on this board - - - - - - HEY JackR - ever heard of Home Ground Advantage or do you have your head shoved so far up your @rse all you can see is the inside of your tiny weenie? I wish you, the über-a$$hole would shut up. :D

I watch the EPL every week-end and it is absolutely no different - nor is it for any other teams playing on home ground. Why the attitude?

I thought Gerd was being a tad sensitive about the anti-German comments, it is by and large humour, but some of the cr@p here recently is pathetic.

It was certainly generally boring, I thought I was watching England play . . . :o . . . and Ballack has been really disappointing so far - and what was with the face-grabbing in the box? Sure there was contact, but my 3-month old bangs her head aginast my shoulder harder and doesn't cry about it.

Talk about sore losers - the melee at the end was pathetic, but pretty much typical of Argentina's reputation as sore losers - kind of like jackr, or j@rk-off. This is something that looks like you'd be in, either a king-hit blindside w@anker or girlie-kicking.

16a8uv9.jpg

Little boys with toys. What's with all the rhetoric? No mummy's nipple to suckle on? :D

I said it like it was. No fireworks from either side and the Argies giving it away, but your fans should be blasted. Typical German attitude. My English uncle turned himself into one and then proceeded to turn into an a$$hole.

Btw, is there any chance you live in Chiang Mai or are likely going to visit soon so that you can repeat your rhetoric in person? I'd like to do the typically English hooligan thing and knock your teeth down the back of your throat. :D

Lifting Riquelme was the key mistake. OK, take Crespo off and concentrate on defense, but taking off Riquelme allowed the Germans to press forward with abandon until they scored. Clinical finish by Klose, though.

16a8uv9.jpg

Little boys with toys. What's with all the rhetoric? No mummy's nipple to suckle on? :D

I said it like it was. No fireworks from either side and the Argies giving it away, but your fans should be blasted. Typical German attitude. My English uncle turned himself into one and then proceeded to turn into an a$$hole.

Btw, is there any chance you live in Chiang Mai or are likely going to visit soon so that you can repeat your rhetoric in person? I'd like to do the typically English hooligan thing and knock your teeth down the back of your throat. :D

Big words from a spineless git who can give, but not take it . . . But it does show then type of person you are.

What s typical of what, by the way? Or are you just into thow-away comments without basis? Ah, that must be it . . . the no-neck method of discussion.

Not arguing the blandness of the game at all, just your assertion that the crowd was bias!!!! :D:D No sh!t, sherlock!!! When did your brains go into overdrive for that one or are they just mush with all that headbanging?

Edited by Sing_Sling

16a8uv9.jpg

Big words from a spineless git who can give, but not take it . . . But it does show then type of person you are.

What s typical of what, by the way? Or are you just into thow-away comments without basis? Ah, that must be it . . . the no-neck method of discussion.

Not arguing the blandness of the game at all, just your assertion that the crowd was bias!!!! :D:D No sh!t, sherlock!!! When did your brains go into overdrive for that one or are they just mush with all that headbanging?

Hey, numb nuts, you were the one doing all the giving when it got personal. :D

Read my first post on the outlook of the game - no perception either.

How can I be spineless with the offer on the table? Spineless people are the ones who throw around expletives and <deleted> themselves when it comes to backing them up. Who's spineless now, eh? :D

That clears up a lot of things as too why he reacted so, over my harmless, humerous remark about Singapore Slings. I thought he was English and would have picked it up, and had a laugh. I did'nt realise he was one of the Europeans with no sense of humour. So ist Leben. Gott sehr dank Ich bin nur halb Deutsch.

That clears up a lot of things as too why he reacted so, over my harmless, humerous remark about Singapore Slings. I thought he was English and would have picked it up, and had a laugh. I did'nt realise he was one of the Europeans with no sense of humour. So ist Leben. Gott sehr dank Ich bin nur halb Deutsch.

Yeah, well these bits-a-boys are all trap and no follow through. :o

So ist Leben indeed!

Yeah, well these bits-a-boys are all trap and no follow through. :o

So ist Leben indeed!

And that puts paid to your knowledge of English . . .

I guess I must be spineless comapred to you - heard that you had the strongest hand in the north-west . . . :D

Ah, lampard - ready to join the fray when you have your bumbuddy with you? This is simply too easy, even when not writing in my mother tongue.

I guess it's easier to give than to receive for you two . . . The term 'wet paper bag' mean anything to you? (No, jerk-@off, not wet from your disguting little habit! :D )

Ah, all a bit of fun, lads, innit?! The give and take of good humour. :D (or is it only humour when you dish it out and offensive when you receive it?)

this topic had betterget back on track pretty soon :D:o

Sorry, bronco. No more nonsense like that from me. (Oh, and for Lampard - I'm part Kraut, part Aussie . . .that should give you a bit of fun!)

All in all a fair result - why take off Riquelme and Crespo . . . bizarre choices.

Edited by Sing_Sling

this topic had betterget back on track pretty soon :D:D

I guess it's getting worse here when it comes to the final:

GERMANY vs ENGLAND :o

I am German but lived and worked a couple of years in London.

I have learned to understand their sense of humor and I like it!

This morning I received a couple of sms from some very good english mates: CONGRATULATIONS !

So let's all cool down and wait for the next results to come.

I've trained my "little boy" in case Lehmann can't play the next match:

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

Gerd

I'm part Kraut, part Aussie

That explains a lot.

And you took the bait . . . gee, two reasons to dislike the English and call them names, but why would one?!

I'm looking forward to the English fans applauding the Portuguese every time they touch the ball!

Whatever, jackr - I'm looking forward to watching a hopefully good game, should be a walkover for England . . .

I'm part Kraut, part Aussie

That explains a lot.

And you took the bait . . . gee, two reasons to dislike the English and call them names, but why would one?!

I'm looking forward to the English fans applauding the Portuguese every time they touch the ball!

Whatever, jackr - I'm looking forward to watching a hopefully good game, should be a walkover for England . . .

Chill Lads , I'll be docking 10 points per post from now on........ :o