Prachuab Khirikhan officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Lite Beer

Prachuab Khirikhan officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

PRACHUAB KHIRIKHAN, 19 July 2014 (NNT) - Prachuab Khirikhan is set to reclaim Hua Hin beach from vendors and reorganize the beach to make it more beautiful and pleasant for tourists.

Prachuab Khirikhan governor Veera Sriwatanatrakul has assigned all district chiefs to survey which location has been occupied by illegal vendors and officials will negotiate with those vendors to leave.

If they do not respond to orders, their properties will be removed by officials as beaches are public areas. Meanwhile, it is expected that the mission will be completed by this August.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-19 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

I have been to hua hin beach many times and find it very plaesant.

I don't mind vendors offering their services and goods, on condition the prices are reasonable. Anywhere in the seaside Igave been using them.

what would be a beach without umbrellas, tables, foods and drinks offered on the spot? So now tourists would have to buy their own and carry them from the guest houses everyday?

The last august, the very end of it, the beaches and the whole hua hin was deserted, no tourists. I would think this year would bem even worse.

Edited by londonthai
  • Like 1

i think the unbrella and chair touts should be allocated a space at the rear of the beaches and when you rent a chair they bring it out and set it up. They should not be allowed to block the beach and force you to use their products. You should have the choice between using a towel and a chair. Up to you as they say in Thai.

• Like 2

By the time they are finnished Thailand will not be Thailand anymore. I havent heard anyone complain about HH beach so why change something that dont need to be changed, or will this process include reallocation of trading rights which will enrich some?

Cha-am is in this zone , right?

If youve been to this beach you probably havent seen the sand.

Remove all and start again with licenses and transparent revenue collection ...and what about some LIMITS?

Chairs and restaurants are part of the beaches everywhere in the world and should be tolerated. Only forbidding the stinking and noisy jet-skies would be a big improvement!

Sorry mate chairs and restaurants are not part of the beach scene in Australia and and never have been nor are soi dogs and horses crapping and peeing everywhere.

That's before we get to vendors, jet skis and touts. The beaches in Oz are pristine, we wouldn't have it any other way and no one is allowed any development near the shore line.If you want to take a chair to the beach, instead of a towel, you take your own and put in back in the boot of your car when you leave.

I'm with you Blue!

Its almost laughable that people would think this is what beaches should be like.

At HH if the water off the main beach were tested you would find a high level of pollution,not difficult to know why when water run off from dirty soi's,businesses and restaurants, on the piers, that dump their waste straight into the ocean.

The whole coast line to the south at times resembles a rubbish tip,mainly refuse from fishing boats and the crap that floats out of the Chao Praya River in Bangkok.

The issue of pollution in Thailand has never been addressed,its a low priority,catch a 3rd class train to HH or anywhere and everything goes out the window.

I don't mind vendors offering their services and goods, on condition the prices are reasonable. Anywhere in the seaside Igave been using them.

what would be a beach without umbrellas, tables, foods and drinks offered on the spot? So now tourists would have to buy their own and carry them from the guest houses everyday?

The last august, the very end of it, the beaches and the whole hua hin was deserted, no tourists. I would think this year would bem even worse.

Of course the beaches were/are near deserted in August. It's the middle of the rainy season and the low tourist season.

Some of the beaches the vendors will not allow you on the beach if you do not rent table and chairs from them, Sonkran this year my Thai family visited us and I were charged 300 baht for a table and six chairs, that's a days pay to them, in koa tikiab the vendors own the beach, try taking your own chair there

• Like 2

Anyone here have the plans from the city for the development on this?

I know that Prachuap is redoing many cities/areas for this coming years tourist seasons, down here in the capital they've redoing many of the beach front areas, building a huge man made lake and now even out at our house expanding a new boardwalk system. But out here in Prachuap we have the plans and budgets from the government, so we know whats happening.

If there isn't any posted plans or budgets, then this is probably just talk that happens all the time in Hua Hin. As in Hua Hin they've been talking for over 20 years about getting rid of the squatters on the beaches, but nothing ever happens.