Exit permit

mccw

Just got a re-entry permit three weeks ago, and in spite of me doing everything wrong, beginning with showing up with no form, they courteously managed to get one done in a half hour for 1000.

If you have the paperwork done in advance and bring a photo with you, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

And, yes, it's the same office near the airport.

Get a queue number at the center desk (information), and wait your turn at the window closest to the door.

You can always obtain a re-entry permit at the CNX airport, just inside the security area for international flight boarding. They always have immigration officials working before the departure of an international flight. After all, what if someone on overstay wants to leave? They need to have an immigration officer available to collect the fine and place the appropriate notation in the passport. Those same officers can sell you a re-entry permit, too. Just allow some extra time before boarding your flight to purchase your re-entry permit and don't let your brain go on auto-pilot and forget to purchase the re-entry permit before you get on the aircraft! Be sure to bring a recent 2-in color photo and a completed TM-8 form. Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

The first time I had my retirement visa I tried to go into Burma. They told me I would need a reentry or I would only get 30 days when I came back. I was able to go to the Mai Sai office and get my multiple reentry there. Piece of cake there no waiting and they helped me fill in the form. Since then I have got it if I knew I was leaving the country the same day as my extension.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to make 2 separate trips out of the country later this year.

Is it possible to apply for 2 "Single" entry permits at the same time? Or can I only apply for the 2nd permit after my first trip?

Thanks

Interesting question. I can see no reason you cannot apply for 2 single re-entry permits. 1,000 baht each = 2,000 baht.

I'm planning to make 2 separate trips out of the country later this year.

Is it possible to apply for 2 "Single" entry permits at the same time? Or can I only apply for the 2nd permit after my first trip?

Thanks

Interesting question. I can see no reason you cannot apply for 2 single re-entry permits. 1,000 baht each = 2,000 baht.

One reason I can think of is.... TIT :)

Wonder if anyone tried doing this before? Will save me an additional trip to the immigration office.

I always get a multiple re-entry permit when I extend my visa.  That effort eliminates these kinds of problems.

Well, a multiple re-entry permit is worth it only if you plan to travel 4 or more times within your visa period.

Or if you can't predict your future travel, emergency and otherwise, and want peace of mind.

• Like 2