Anybody knows a safe Thai visa agent in Penang?

New Banana were always good as is Samui Jim at 'Jims Place'....both in Chulia. I vaguely remember reading a recent post on here where the agents were not allowed anymore but maybe someone can clarify that has recently been there.

• 2 months later...

jim's place is right about opposite the Banana Boutique hotel on Chula;

he is always there :-)

same price

Do you know how much it costs? Also, does the embassy still allow agents on behalf of the individual. Does anybody had any recent experience using Jim agent?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If your papers are in order (don´t know what type of visa you need) it´s easy to do the whole thing yourself, at least last time I was there.

If you use an agent, make sure to be there early enough (1 hour time difference to Thailand and they need some time for the forms to fill in). thumbsup.gif

Edited by longtom

I have been doing my visas there for 15 + years. All agents are the same and reliable. "Lord Jim" is a character but a little annoying hearing him brag about how rich he is and how well traveled he is. But he is quite generous and helpful to many that are down on their luck. He does tend to be more generous to younger women though.

Yes it costs only 50 ringit which is cheaper than getting a taxi round trip 2 times. I used to do it myself but it is actually cheaper to have someone go for you.

If they don't allow agents, which they did just a few months ago. Jim and most other guest houses can arrange a car for you that will be a lot cheaper than the taxis.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

June it was an extra 50 MYR for a 1 year non b and we did not have to go to embassy an had passport back by noon the next day

Thank you, I actually called him and asked, charges 60 MYR or 600 baht now. Did he drop the passport by to your place? or you had to go to his place?

If your papers are in order (don´t know what type of visa you need) it´s easy to do the whole thing yourself, at least last time I was there.

If you use an agent, make sure to be there early enough (1 hour time difference to Thailand and they need some time for the forms to fill in). alt=thumbsup.gif>

Yea true, but it saves time and maybe costs around the same like zeichen mentioned. Also it is worry-free and gives you more time to go around as I plan to do that.

I have been doing my visas there for 15 + years. All agents are the same and reliable. "Lord Jim" is a character but a little annoying hearing him brag about how rich he is and how well traveled he is. But he is quite generous and helpful to many that are down on their luck. He does tend to be more generous to younger women though.

Yes it costs only 50 ringit which is cheaper than getting a taxi round trip 2 times. I used to do it myself but it is actually cheaper to have someone go for you.

If they don't allow agents, which they did just a few months ago. Jim and most other guest houses can arrange a car for you that will be a lot cheaper than the taxis.

I see. I did actually call Jim, and he charges 600 baht or 60 RM now. I think they do still allow agent unless he might have told me about it. I am going to Penang next week, chose Penang for vacation instead of Vientiane. Non ED visa.
Just worried about immigration when entering Bangkok again, as I have multiple Non ED visas but they are all Valid Visas, i.e I studied and graduated from a university here, and now trying to study Thai. Heard can get a lot of problems if have multiple Non ED visas. Hoping for the best.

Thanks for all the replies

• 1 year later...

Around the corner from Chulia on Lebuh Leith, about 50 meters up on the left-hand side, there is a travel agent that acts as an agent for Thai visas. For tourist visas, the service charge is 30 RMB. I think quite a lot of the other "agents" actually channel the applications through them.

• 1 year later...