Huge amount of rice missing in Phichit

Lite Beer

Are all these warehouses "government" or privately owned?

If privately owned then surely any responsibility for discrepancies must lay with the warehouse owner?

If "government" owned the responsibility would surely lay with the warehouse managers and their superiors in the govt department responsible for warehousing rice?

Nope.... The ultimate responsibility rests with those charged with

Putting the scam in place,

Ignoring warnings that widespread corruption was happening end to end. Even international concerns.

Policing the system.

Claiming all was checked and in order.

Claiming no loss of money when 500 Bn is actually still unaccounted for.

Faking G2G deals to bolster public support for the scheme.

Discrediting and removing whistle blowers working within the system.

This is just a few things that our red Thaksin child killer supporters love to totally ignore.

The list is actually a lot more extensive if other members who are not purely red shirt supporters would like to add to.

Of course the warehouse personnel and likely some farmer too should be singled out, and that is all going to happen. Also have all their assets seized and their extended family's wealth checked out and all found profiting to lose everything but their clothes and thrown into a dungeon for a very long time.

That may go some way to recoup a fraction of the money.

But ultimately, I would seize EVERY asset of the Shin clan and EVERY PTP government minister involved with this scheme and do the exact same to them.

The Shins must have massive investments worth billions, with their stake in Shin Corp, and all their other shares in Thai companies such as AIS, PTT etc etc must be seized and sold off to pay this money back.

If you can't nab them or allow them to escape justice... You MUST go and grab everything they have here in Thailand.

The people need that money back.

Oh how I agree the "people need the money back."

We live in a village in Isaan. Some of the money could be used for so many things. Hell the electricity doesn't even stay on for prolonged periods of time. Having trash picked up would be a fantastic improvement to people's lives. The list is great, but the funds to be allocated to these people/villages are small.

Having trash picked up would be a fantastic improvement to people's lives.

I would love this to come true. The smell from people burning their garbage is terrible.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. No kidding. Unregulated warehouses with phony records and missing rice? Thainess swoons and all observers are shocked to their cores. The first discrepancy of 91,000 sacks of rice (at 100 kilos per sack, or 9.1 tonnes) led to the arrest of an Army private and sergeant.

I wonder who this will rope in? There is no regulation in this country -- everyone has sticky fingers and the hands getting slapped are very selective. To prove my point--

Elsewhere, a leaked memo (now illegal since Friday's proclamation banning leaked print, voice or video) concerning reporters at several broadcast stations and newspapers revealed the really big CP company had paid the reporters for favorable commentary. Immediately, an investigative panel was put together -- of the executives of the accused companies. They admitted that money had changed hands, but...it wasn't a bribe. The companies concerned said "We just gave them the money".

All this shows that Thaksin, contrary to popular buffoon's religious beliefs, did not invent Thainess. He just took it two steps further, and undoubtedly one step too far. Read the newspapers. TVF has no interest in publishing all stories for very practical reasons.

Are you sure of your mathematics as I figure 10 x 100 kg sacks equal 1 ton so 91,000 sacks would be 910 tons of rice and NOT 9.1 tons.

Hm. No kidding. Unregulated warehouses with phony records and missing rice? Thainess swoons and all observers are shocked to their cores. The first discrepancy of 91,000 sacks of rice (at 100 kilos per sack, or 9.1 tonnes) led to the arrest of an Army private and sergeant.

I wonder who this will rope in? There is no regulation in this country -- everyone has sticky fingers and the hands getting slapped are very selective. To prove my point--

Elsewhere, a leaked memo (now illegal since Friday's proclamation banning leaked print, voice or video) concerning reporters at several broadcast stations and newspapers revealed the really big CP company had paid the reporters for favorable commentary. Immediately, an investigative panel was put together -- of the executives of the accused companies. They admitted that money had changed hands, but...it wasn't a bribe. The companies concerned said "We just gave them the money".

All this shows that Thaksin, contrary to popular buffoon's religious beliefs, did not invent Thainess. He just took it two steps further, and undoubtedly one step too far. Read the newspapers. TVF has no interest in publishing all stories for very practical reasons.

Are you sure of your mathematics as I figure 10 x 100 kg sacks equal 1 ton so 91,000 sacks would be 910 tons of rice and NOT 9.1 tons.

Are you sure of your maths? 1000 sacks = 100 tonnes

9000 sacks = 900 tonnes, 91,000 sacks - 9,100 tonnes approx.

I shall openly apologize if wrong.

• Like 2

Are you sure of your maths? 1000 sacks = 100 tonnes

9000 sacks = 900 tonnes, 91,000 sacks - 9,100 tonnes approx.

I shall openly apologize if wrong.

Maybe I should apologise to you as you are correct and I am wrong by a factor of 10. ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.pngxsorry.gif.pagespeed.ic.HIAcli9fRM.png

Mind you FangFerang was out by an awful lot more than me.

• Like 2

The rice sceme was Thaksins idea.

Nobody is claiming that Thaksin made money from this particular case. However he very cynically, even by Thai standards, fostered and augmented the atmosphere of corruption for his own ends. The results are still visible everywhere. I could go on but I would be banned from TV.

I say he made big money on the scam. rice farmers on Shinawatra land were the first ones paid before the scam ran out of money.

Of course he did, directly but mostly indirectly. I was trying to show that the worst thing that he did was that he took corruption to a new level.

You are 100% correct there. Ever since the last coup the corruption has been on the rise with the exception of the Democrats they managed to stop the rise and actually reduce a little bit one year, Immediately after they stepped out of office it started to rise again.

It got so bad they had to cut funding to the committee looking into corruption to pay the corrupt politicians. 2013 saw a 2% rise in corruption. That is a huge amount of money when you are dealing with the size corruption had risen to under the careful guidance of Thaksin.cheesy.gifclap2.gif

More Thai missing rice and the Shinawatras aren't around to take the blame.

Isn't that the whole idea? Flee the scene?

The Rice Pledging was Thaksin's idea and Yingluck was his clone in charge. They could all be on the moon, but fact is they were responsible.

Would that logic extend to Ahbisit and Suterp decision to send in the troops and they will be responsible for the fatalities?

Don't know yet, their case of "premeditated murder' is still in court. In the mean time the AOG may decide to start a case against Ms. Yingluck and some of hers. Again then the court will deliberate on the issue.

The Rice Pledging was Thaksin's idea and Yingluck was his clone in charge. They could all be on the moon, but fact is they were responsible.

Would that logic extend to Ahbisit and Suterp decision to send in the troops and they will be responsible for the fatalities?

Don't know yet, their case of "premeditated murder' is still in court. In the mean time the AOG may decide to start a case against Ms. Yingluck and some of hers. Again then the court will deliberate on the issue.

AOG will only accept the case if there are sufficient evidence of criminality. This will be hard to proof and will take a long time for investigation. If the case is malfeasance, dereliction of duty or misconduct, it will be more a case for the Constitution Court and at worse Yingluck will get is a 5 years ban. She has nothing to fear and will be back to face the charges.

Thailand the hub of corruption. There is so much corruption that it becomes a monumental task for the Army to deal with it. When will the Army start pointing out the people who have committed these acts rather than just move them to inactive positions? Then how about trying to recover some of the money?

and probably fresh tire tracks from the trucks hauling it off recently.

If there are then they could possibly be traced to a company called Nuttawat transport which was at one time said to be carting large quantities of rice to unspecified destinations.

• Like 1

I think you will find that there will be well in excess of over a million tonnes of rice missing, and the facts are.... that rice probably never existed... Only the paperwork and receipts for it did.

They produce the paperwork and is handed to the BAAC to collect the cash.

Tens of thousands of crooks may be involved from farmers who never grew any rice to Commerce Ministry and BAAC officials.

But ultimately two people at the top are to be blamed the most.... The PM who oversaw this are their policy to get the into power, and the Chairperson of the Rice scheme,,..... and they happen to be the same person who is currently on her way to the airport with offspring and probably plenty of luggage that won't be checked.

That person will NOT be back and to be honest, if this is the case then I will have lost all confidence in the junta.

Having both Thaksin and Yingluck in exile would not automatically be problematic. However, having them in exile together with all their stolen monies in offshore accounts is hugely problematic as he has been using this money to buy expensive propaganda and funding terror cells aimed at splitting the Thai nation. Seeing as Prayuth has no jurisdiction over the Caymans,BVI, UAE, Montenegro and Nicaragua amongs other countries banking systems(unfortunately!), he can't confiscate this stolen money so better not let Yingluck do a runner.

Keywords: extradition, Interpol, fugitive

It is unbelievable that so many years after Thaksin's conviction, Thailand has never attempted to have him extradited and put in prison.

This scam is worth billions. And then i read somewhere (here?' , that Yingluck had gotten 33 million thb richer during her period in office. Then i guess she is the one that got trully scammed, if this is her share of the loot

Edited by myluckythai

AOG will only accept the case if there are sufficient evidence of criminality. This will be hard to proof and will take a long time for investigation. If the case is malfeasance, dereliction of duty or misconduct, it will be more a case for the Constitution Court and at worse Yingluck will get is a 5 years ban. She has nothing to fear and will be back to face the charges.

The NACC has already done an investigation.

What makes you think malfeasance is a case for the CC? Thaksin was found guilty of malfeasance by the Supreme Court, not the CC.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hmmm, not bad only post #6 and post #13 to have Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin, Yingluk, you make me laugh,

your first port of call should be the head honcho of the storage facility, he is responsible for what go's in and what comes out, end of story, and then do you really think the rice ever existed? AAAHHhhhhhh,,, Thaksin, did it ,Thaksin's guilty, Thaksin paid someone to take the rice, and it's on the moon with Elvis.

Oh dear, wakey wakey, how long have you been here?

I wish more Aussies were on the moon. lol