Thousands march for Gaza in London, clashes in Paris over Israeli onslaught

Lite Beer

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if anyone (incl. 'moderate' muslims) is gonna march to protest the horrific mass killings of ISIS.
...Nope...
It's safer to bash Israel...no fatwas or beheadings to worry about.

Some of the supposed Gaza protest marches in Europe saw people attending waving ISIS flags, little wonder our resident humanitarians don't want to mention them.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What are you talking about?  Only psychopaths and clowns would support ISIS - and to be fair, there are ,plenty of them going around. 

Luckily they are well outnumbered by those of us with a brain. 

It could well be argued that Israel has deflected attention from ISIS at this moment - and allowed them to take an even deeper stranglehold on the areas they control.  

So don't go using one or two flags in a crowd of thousands as justification.  
You are right in a way, Populist trendy protesters would far rather obsess about Israel than ISIS, there is a clear apartheid when it comes to suffering where everyone goes automatically to the top of the list if Israel can somehow be blamed for their plight the rest are minor news.

P.s Here are some of your tiny minority of clowns.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/27/isis-s-black-flags-are-flying-in-europe.html

Terrorist cells depend on sponsors isn't it ?

http://forward.com/articles/198812/jewish-oligarch-spends-millions-on-militia-to-hold/

I have seen no posts supporting or excusing, in even the most subtle way, Islamic extremism.

Then you are not looking very hard or are being dishonest. There have been plenty of posts making excuses and justifications for the violent acts of Islamic terrorists and even urging them on.

To stay on topic, I also remember several of your posts trying to deny the obvious - that many of the anti-Israel protests were largely anti-Semitic in nature. Many of the groups were radical Islamists. Would that qualify as making excuses for what they are really about?

When are people going to understand that protesting or disagreeing with Israeli Government policies does not make them anti-semitic. Calling the Israeli Government a bunch of murdering ba****s does not make me anti-semitic, protesting holding a placard saying "stop the carnage of innocents" does not make people anti-semitic. What is starting to create anti-semitism is the relentless propaganda fed by Israel and Zionist supporters on forums who advocate the whole sale slaughter of innocent women and children. If anti-semitism means disagreeing with innocent men women and children being slaughtered then I am an anti-semite through and through.

I also do not advocate the killing/bombing and hurting of Israeli people, so where does that leave me? I guess it is kind of unbelievable to some people that some of us can actually condemn BOTH, but what is needed now is a sense of balance and the weight of killing and slaughter of women and children is way out of balance and is disproportionate to the whole situation. Just STOP the killing everyone! Stop the land grabbing, stop the imprisonment in ghettos, just STOP! So as it happens I am not anti-semitic at all am I, I am just a human who respects the rights of other innocent humans to live their lives. I have compassion for other Humans, regardless of race, gender, nationality, some of you should think about it and try it some time it is actually a good side to belong to, the 'Compassionate Human Club' try joining sometime, it's nice......but very frustrating sometimes.

Fell on deaf ears, as nice as you are, you will never understand the mind set that you are talking to who supports the blockade.

The discussion on this topic exemplifies the characters of those holding the opposite positions. And I am pleased that so many of those who condemn the barbarity of Israel's actions in Gaza do so with considered analysis, rather than resorting to obfuscation, abuse and diversion as many of Israel's apologists do. It makes it much simpler for the non-aligned but curious reader to draw conclusions for themselves based on the nature of the various posts, and to decide who is on the side of the angels.

• Like 1

The discussion on this topic exemplifies the characters of those holding the opposite positions. And I am pleased that so many of those who condemn the barbarity of Israel's actions in Gaza do so with considered analysis, rather than resorting to obfuscation, abuse and diversion as many of Israel's apologists do. It makes it much simpler for the non-aligned but curious reader to draw conclusions for themselves based on the nature of the various posts, and to decide who is on the side of the angels.

There are no angels here, innocents perhaps, but no side that any angels, or even mere mortal people of reason, would side with.

I wonder if anyone (incl. 'moderate' muslims) is gonna march to protest the horrific mass killings of ISIS.
...Nope...
It's safer to bash Israel...no fatwas or beheadings to worry about.

Some of the supposed Gaza protest marches in Europe saw people attending waving ISIS flags, little wonder our resident humanitarians don't want to mention them.

What are you talking about?  Only psychopaths and clowns would support ISIS - and to be fair, there are ,plenty of them going around. 

Luckily they are well outnumbered by those of us with a brain. 

It could well be argued that Israel has deflected attention from ISIS at this moment - and allowed them to take an even deeper stranglehold on the areas they control.  

So don't go using one or two flags in a crowd of thousands as justification.  
You are right in a way, Populist trendy protesters would far rather obsess about Israel than ISIS, there is a clear apartheid when it comes to suffering where everyone goes automatically to the top of the list if Israel can somehow be blamed for their plight the rest are minor news.

P.s Here are some of your tiny minority of clowns.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/27/isis-s-black-flags-are-flying-in-europe.html

I suppose we expect higher standards from Israel, because it professes to be a democracy, is one of the closest friends and allies to USA with $3.5billion in aid to boot, is virtually European/American from many of its Jewish migrants and cultural links with many Israelis holding dual nationality. I have visited Israel and the infrastructure (universities etc, diversity of media..but now under threat) certainly feels like a developed country. 

If it wants to be regarded as part of the 21st century family of civilized developed nations, it should act like one. 

I suppose that's why when the world protests, we feel there are still some enlightened elements within Israeli society who may listen and bring their influence to bear on their politicians.

Edited by dexterm

coffee1.gif

This thread is about marches for Gaza.

But it was, my dear.

Those anti-Jewish forces I detailed that make French Jews feel unsafe living in France anymore are well represented at the "Free Gaza" rallies. 

This is an obvious attempt to bait me into violating the forum rules, but I won't fall for it. 

Stay on topic--Marches for Gaza.  wink.png

indeed, marching for Gaza is a right afforded in democratic countries.  I'm sure there are thousands of Gazan's who would love to march against Hamas, but we all know the consequences.

It's interesting don't you think that while Gaza is one of the the main topics on the world news here, no-one seems to want to  start a thread about the Isis genocide and ethnic cleansing, which has forced tens of thousand's of Christians to flee for their lives and probably brought USA back into Iraq, which I'm sure no one wanted. 

Archbishop Athanasius Toma Dawod of the Syriac Orthodox church said; "Now we consider it genocide – ethnic cleansing," he said. "They are killing our people in the name of Allah and telling people that anyone who kills a Christian will go straight to heaven: that is their message. They have burned churches; they have burned very old books. They have damaged our crosses and statues of the Virgin Mary. They are occupying our churches and converting them into mosques." http://www.theguardian.com/world /2014/aug/08/isis-persecution-iraqi-christians-genocide-asylum

I'm sure before too long we will have a thread.  In the meantime back to Gaza. coffee1.gif 

Apologies I've just noticed the Obama bombs thread, but I won't change anything as I don't want any follow up answers to look out of place. Mods could you remove it if you feel it's diverting the thread please? wai.gif 

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

coffee1.gif

This thread is about marches for Gaza.

But it was, my dear.

Those anti-Jewish forces I detailed that make French Jews feel unsafe living in France anymore are well represented at the "Free Gaza" rallies. 

This is an obvious attempt to bait me into violating the forum rules, but I won't fall for it. 

Stay on topic--Marches for Gaza.  wink.png

indeed, marching for Gaza is a right afforded in democratic countries.

I'm sure there are thousands of Gazan's who would love to march against Hamas, but we all know the consequences.

It's interesting don't you think that while Gaza is one of the the main topics on the world news here, no-one seems to want to start a thread about the Isis genocide and ethnic cleansing, which has forced tens of thousand's of Christians to flee for their lives and probably brought USA back into Iraq, which I'm sure no one wanted. 

Archbishop Athanasius Toma Dawod of the Syriac Orthodox church said; 

"Now we consider it genocide – ethnic cleansing," he said. "They are killing our people in the name of Allah and telling people that anyone who kills a Christian will go straight to heaven: that is their message. They have burned churches; they have burned very old books. They have damaged our crosses and statues of the Virgin Mary. They are occupying our churches and converting them into mosques." http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/08/isis-persecution-iraqi-christians-genocide-asylum

I'm sure before too long we will have a thread.

In the meantime back to Gaza. coffee1.gif 

I am anti all bullies.

Maybe we should have a thread about the way the Bhutanese treat Nepalese.

You can't save the world. Just focus on injustices you know something about. Try to make one part of the world a little more civilized at least, and maybe the idea will spread.

• Like 1

And I am pleased that so many of those who condemn the barbarity of Israel's actions in Gaza do so with considered analysis

You mean lies, spin and distortions? You folks have a pretty bad track record on these threads and plenty of evidence has been presented to prove it. giggle.gif

Antisemitism on rise across Europe 'in worst times since the Nazis'
Experts say attacks go beyond Israel-Palestinian conflict as hate crimes strike fear into Jewish communities

In the space of just one week last month, according to Crif, the umbrella group for France's Jewish organisations, eight synagogues were attacked. One, in the Paris suburb of Sarcelles, was firebombed by a 400-strong mob. A kosher supermarket and pharmacy were smashed and looted; the crowd's chants and banners included "Death to Jews" and "Slit Jews' throats". That same weekend, in the Barbes neighbourhood of the capital, stone-throwing protesters burned Israeli flags: "Israhell", read one banner.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

<

If it wants to be regarded as part of the 21st century family of civilized developed nations, it should act like one.

It already does. How many countries in the world would warn civilians to leave before bombing their enemy? alt=thumbsup.gif>

Your compassion and caring knows no bounds!

Where would you like all these civilians to leave to? I take it you have been there? They are packed in like sardines, surrounded by walls and razor wire. Just where would you like them to go when they are told 'get out' we are going to bomb you? Incidentally the IRA and Baader Meinhoff group used to give warning to civilians before they bombed buildings - that made it all ok then didn't it? If Israel were really after Hamas, why would they tell them to get out the building before they bombed it? Do they think civilians will eave and Hamas will stay inside? They are just after the total destruction and slaughter of Palestine. The agenda is so clear to those with open eyes, but not to those with deaf ears.

• Like 1

No, not everyone who is critical of Israeli policies is a Jew hater. But those attending these rallies that aren't, they appear to do nothing to make it clear they are not against the existence of Israel, so what is the public supposed to think about them?

Because large numbers of them want Israel to be pushed into the sea. The whole pretense that they could give a fig about the Palestinians is just a fashionable PR stunt. 

Edited by Ulysses G.

Incidentally the IRA and Baader Meinhoff group used to give warning to civilians before they bombed buildings - that made it all ok then didn't it?

It certainly made it a lot better than blowing up buildings without warning anyone to get out.

If you don't even realize that, you have bigger problems than I thought you did. 

They were terrorist organizations. if you didn't realise that you have bigger problems than I thought you did!

Incidentally, do we see here the first sign of compassion in UG, worrying about problems he thinks I have? I would be intrigued to know exactly what problems you think I have UG.

I would tell you, but I would be banned for sure. 

Again,  it certainly made it a lot better than blowing up buildings without warning anyone to get out. It is just plain foolish to try to deny that.  whistling.gif 

Edited by Ulysses G.

For those who are only there to criticize Israel's military tactics and are not cheerleaders for Israel's destruction as the powers in Gaza are,  they could easily divorce themselves from the perception that they are Hamas supporters by walking with Israeli flags as well or clarifying signs/slogans of support for Israel's right to EXIST. Instead they burn the Star of David flag. 

<snip>

No, not everyone who is critical of Israeli policies is a Jew hater. But those attending these rallies that aren't, they appear to do nothing to make it clear they are not against the existence of Israel, so what is the public supposed to think about them? 

Why would anyone protesting about the slaughter of the innocent women and children in Palestine be expected to carry flags and slogans saying 'Israel has a right to exist', is this the mentality we are dealing with now? They are protesting about women and children being killed,( and it seems to be being justified by a few on here by saying "well they were told to get out the buildings"). That would be akin to expecting protestors against the incarceration and killing of the Jews during WW2 to have been wandering around with swastika flags saying they understand the right of the Nazi's to exist, just to add a bit of balance. Think about it!

To answer your very last line, what the public think about them is that "they are protesting against Israel killing innocent women and children, when they have the intelligence and military resources to avoid it", the public do not think like you and your amigo's.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

Why would anyone protesting about the slaughter of the innocent women and children in Palestine be expected to carry flags and slogans saying 'Israel has a right to exist',

Maybe to separate them from the neo-Nazis, radical Islamists and other anti-Semites that they are marching with? whistling.gif

For those who are only there to criticize Israel's military tactics and are not cheerleaders for Israel's destruction as the powers in Gaza are,  they could easily divorce themselves from the perception that they are Hamas supporters by walking with Israeli flags as well or clarifying signs/slogans of support for Israel's right to EXIST. Instead they burn the Star of David flag. 

<snip>

Why would anyone protesting about the slaughter of the innocent women and children in Palestine be expected to carry flags and slogans saying 'Israel has a right to exist', is this the mentality we are dealing with now? They are protesting about women and children being killed,( and it seems to be being justified by a few on here by saying "well they were told to get out the buildings"). That would be akin to expecting protestors against the incarceration and killing of the Jews during WW2 to have been wandering around with swastika flags saying they understand the right of the Nazi's to exist, just to add a bit of balance. Think about it!

To answer your very last line, what the public think about them is that "they are protesting against Israel killing innocent women and children, when they have the intelligence and military resources to avoid it", the public do not think like you and your amigo's.

I already explained why.

If they march with people chanting "FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA" they are not only protesting Israeli actions but ALSO openly supporting genocide of millions of Jews. Clear enough.

<snip>

I already explained why.

If they march with people chanting "FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA" they are not only protesting Israeli actions but ALSO openly supporting genocide of millions of Jews. Clear enough.

So in a protest of 15000 people, because a few at the front might be chanting "From The River to the Sea", the rest of the protestors stretching back a mile and a half are suddenly collaborating with anti-semitic types because they want to stop the carnage in Palestine.

Now you can go on as long and as much as you like, but no amount of BS arguments will get me to consider that the wholesale killing of innocent women and children is either justified or OK. I could sit and debate with you for as long s needed about this situation if you would draw a line in the sand and say "you know what, you are right, I firmly believe in the right of Israel to exist but...the killing of all these innocents must stop". I do not believe that Hamas should be permitted to rocket attack and harm innocent Israeli civilians - can you hear that? and I do not believe that Israel should be permitted to kill all these innocents. It is called humanity, and it is a quality sadly lacking in many on here.

I have seen no posts supporting or excusing, in even the most subtle way, Islamic extremism.

Then you are not looking very hard or are being dishonest. There have been plenty of posts making excuses and justifications for the violent acts of Islamic terrorists and even urging them on.

To stay on topic, I also remember several of your posts trying to deny the obvious - that many of the anti-Israel protests were largely anti-Semitic in nature. Many of the groups were radical Islamists. Would that qualify as making excuses for what they are really about?

You keep making these accusations, in general and against me personally, yet despite being asked to do so several times, you have NEVER produced any evidence to back them up.

No one one can possibly take you seriously.

• Like 2

And here's more distinction between Israelis and Jews from culturally enriched Londonistan.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/497046/F-off-Jew-What-I-was-told-when-I-photographed-a-jihadist-flag-flying-in-London

Once again, you take the actions of a few and use them to 'prove' the beliefs of the many!

Yes, most of the residents of that estate are Muslim.

Yes, someone did replace the Palestinian flag with a black flag.

This was reported on BBC London last night. They interviewed residents who either held no opinion or sympathised with or supported the Palestinian people.

None of them expressed any support for or sympathy with Hamas itself, any other terrorists or 'Jihadists.'.

These residents stated that they did not know who had replaced the Palestinian flag with a black one, but did confirm that whoever it was did not represent them and that it was residents who had removed the black flag.

• Like 2

<snip>

I already explained why.

So in a protest of 15000 people, because a few at the front might be chanting "From The River to the Sea", the rest of the protestors stretching back a mile and a half are suddenly collaborating with anti-semitic types because they want to stop the carnage in Palestine.

Now you can go on as long and as much as you like, but no amount of BS arguments will get me to consider that the wholesale killing of innocent women and children is either justified or OK. I could sit and debate with you for as long s needed about this situation if you would draw a line in the sand and say "you know what, you are right, I firmly believe in the right of Israel to exist but...the killing of all these innocents must stop". I do not believe that Hamas should be permitted to rocket attack and harm innocent Israeli civilians - can you hear that? and I do not believe that Israel should be permitted to kill all these innocents. It is called humanity, and it is a quality sadly lacking in many on here.

No. This is now the STANDARD chant at Free Gaza protests all over the world.

To present this as fringe or outlying is a total deception.

Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention already knows that and could not be fooled.

Their chant:
FREE FREE PALESTINE

FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

PALESTINE WILL BE FREE

There is NO ROOM for Israel or it's millions of JEWS in that popular chant. They are indeed cheerleading for Hamas and in effect cheerleading for the genocide of the Jews.

If I were some where now where it was legal to have a PRO ISRAEL rally and the people starting chanting something to support genocide of Arabs or that there should be no land in the region for Arabs to live in  ... I would be out of there SO QUICK it isn't even funny. 

Yes I know there is a minority of Jews who ideologically believe Israel should expand to include all the west bank and Gaza with nothing for Arabs, but again, if I accidentally attended a rally where that was THE CHANT, I would be HORRIFIED to be seen with them. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I already explained why.

No. This is now the STANDARD chant at Free Gaza protests all over the world.

To present this as fringe or outlying is a total deception.

Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention already knows that and could not be fooled.

Their chant:
FREE FREE PALESTINE

FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

PALESTINE WILL BE FREE

There is NO ROOM for Israel or it's millions of JEWS in that popular chant. They are indeed cheerleading for Hamas and in effect cheerleading for the genocide of the Jews.

If I were some where now where it was legal to have a PRO ISRAEL rally and the people starting chanting something to support genocide of Arabs or that there should be no land in the region for Arabs to live in  ... I would be out of there SO QUICK it isn't even funny. 

Yes I know there is a minority of Jews who ideologically believe Israel should expand to include all the west bank and Gaza with nothing for Arabs, but again, if I accidentally attended a rally where that was THE CHANT, I would be HORRIFIED to be seen with them. 

To much hysteria is being published by pro-israeli web-sites to ensure an atmosphere of of terror and hatred exists. The International Business Times tackled this very problem in an article which asks the question - "The River to the Sea - What does it mean" the link is provided below. In an interview, this was given as the answer, and I see little problem with this sentiment. So here it is from the mouth of someone likely to say it!

Perhaps the most powerful response came from Shahd Abusalama, an activist and journalist from Gaza, now living in Turkey, who writes for IBTimes UK.

"A liberated Palestine means that my imaginative homeland, which my grandmother made me always long for with her nostalgic memories, will not be a matter of imagination. It means that I will return to my origional village of Beit-Jerja from which my grandparents were ethnically cleansed, and harvest the crops of citrus and olive trees that they left behind. It means that I will not be treated by Israel as a demographic threat to their Jewish-only entity.

"A liberated Palestine means that Israeli jails, which my father calls "graves for the living" after he was imprisoned there as a political detainee for 15 years, will be emptied. A free Palestine means that I will be able to move freely within Palestine and outside it without being humiliated and abused when crossing between military checkpoints, borders or airports. A free Palestine means that I will no longer feel that Jerusalem is too far despite it being just half an hour away from where I live in the besieged Gaza Strip.

My underlines.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/freepalestine-what-does-it-really-mean-1458888

The West Bank and Gaza strip, stretch from 'The River to the Sea". All the Palestinians want is what they had and what has been taken away from them. They want what is written above. The large majority of Palestinians do NOT want the eradication of Israel, just as a huge number of Israeli's do not want the suffering to continue in Gaza. But there are evil men on both sides that want the mutual destruction of the other. Simple.

I find it amazing that many people in Tel Aviv voice more concern for the welfare of the people in Gaza than the pro-Israeli voices here on TV. I guess you would just call those people mis-guided old fools as well though, Jewish or not, living in the place or not.

• Like 1

Nice try ... it's a call for the end of Israel as the Jewish state, Fooling nobody!

It is not a pro peace chant. It is a chant of hatred and intolerance of Jews.

The Free Gaza part is not toxic.

The From the River to the Sea is the problem.

OBVIOUSLY.

From your link:

'An intimidating slogan'

Yet for Eylon Aslan-Levy, Chairman of the National Council of the Union of Jewish Students and a blogger for the Times of Israel, that the term, in its most literal sense, could be viewed as a threat to the Jewish state and should instead complement a free and prosperous Israel.

"'Free Palestine' can be an intimidating slogan, because it is often heard alongside 'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free': a chant that calls for the elimination of Israel," he said. "Most Jews would be happy to see a free Palestine, but next to a free Israel -- not instead of it."

'Free Palestine, F*** the Zionists, F*** the Jews'

Abuse shouted at a rabbi in north London.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/freepalestine-what-does-it-really-mean-1458888

Of course there is concern for innocent victim civilians on any side. But how does attending rallies openly calling for mass genocide of Jews express that exactly? As that would indeed be the result of a successful River to the Sea campaign ... which Hamas has been very clear that is exactly what they want and again, that is a very popular chant there ... From The River to the Sea.  

Edited by Jingthing