Do Children Have To Make Visa Run?

My family and I are coming on a 60 day tourist visa. We will be making visa runs to extend that time. Do babies and small children have to make the visa run? Does it make a difference if they come in on my passport or their own?

Thailand's ostay rules do not apply to children under the age of seven. So - they do not need to make visa runs.

I do not know the specific rules about what age a separate passport is required, as opposed to coming in on parents passport. It is highly adviseable to ensure that you have a passport for each child - mainly as proof of identity (and to ensure protection by Embassy, should something happen to the parents).

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

Do the rules apply to people whose behaviour is childish? If I go to immigration, acting like the adult I am, and am refused, would throwing a tatrum like a five year old help me. Will the immigration official say, "Yu are behaiving like a five year old. Here is your visa and don't expect to pay a fee."

Do the rules apply to people whose behaviour is childish? If I go to immigration, acting like the adult I am, and am refused, would throwing a tatrum like a five year old help me. Will the immigration official say, "Yu are behaiving like a five year old. Here is your visa and don't expect to pay a fee."

Now there's a new approach :o

ok doctor, does this post equal the guy that suggested the US embassy in bangkok is US soil, and so is considered out of the country and should count as a visa run just by entering?

ok doctor, does this post equal the guy that suggested the US embassy in bangkok is US soil, and so is considered out of the country and should count as a visa run just by entering?

He needs to take a glance at the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. The old concept of an Embassy being foreign soil changed, but the inviolability of the premises and grounds remains absolute.

QUOTE]Thailand's ostay rules do not apply to children under the age of seven. So - they do not need to make visa runs.

That information is simply misleading.

The FINES and PUNISHMENT does not apply to children but the rules still do.

First hand knowledge that the Mothers passport and the childs ended up with a few unwanted stamps and comments after an unavoidable few day overstay.

Doesn't make good reading.

D

QUOTE]Thailand's ostay rules do not apply to children under the age of seven. So - they do not need to make visa runs.

That information is simply misleading.

The FINES and PUNISHMENT does not apply to children but the rules still do.

First hand knowledge that the Mothers passport and the childs ended up with a few unwanted stamps and comments after an unavoidable few day overstay.

Doesn't make good reading.

D

Nevertheless, Immigration overlooks transgressions by under 7's

He needs to take a glance at the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. The old concept of an Embassy being foreign soil changed, but the inviolability of the premises and grounds remains absolute.

technically an aircraft is still counted as foreign soil i believe. now steppin on and off a plane would be a novel approach. lol

technically an aircraft is still counted as foreign soil i believe. now steppin on and off a plane would be a novel approach. lol

Well kind of...but subject to the Tokyo Convention 1963, and the Hague Convention 1970, whick govern member states rights and remedies.