Australian Tourist Visa - Situation

Hey all - this is my current situation: Going through applying for my gf VISA tourist application.

Her details:

19yo (20 in December)

Has her own property in her name in Korat and we have documentation of this

Has no savings on a bank account

My details:

Self Employed

As I operate a cash business I have no solid bank records

Our details:

together for 1.5 years

I have financial records of sending her approx $150 a week for at least over a year

My issue is how much money should she have in her bank account when applying for a tourist VISA?

Quote ... "My issue is how much money should she have in her bank account when applying for a tourist VISA?"

Well ... if you are going to 'Financially' sponsor her ... Bt 1

If you are skint ... then maybe a guideline might be a minimum of Bt 10,000 per week ... if you are supplying her accommodation ... but Bt 15,000 per week would be better.

But an important thing is to focus on her reason to return to Thailand.

May I ask, what job does she have?

Photo?

How long have you two been together physicially, one presumes in Thailand?

Does she have a Passport?

Has she travelled anywhere outside of Thailand?

From her job, can she get holidays?

How long are those holidays for?

Does her stay in Australia corrospond with her holidays granted?

I'm just starting on the questions ... laugh.png

• Like 2

Good luck, i'ts a nite mare,I tried to bring my 34 year old nephew out for a 3 month visit, but because he's a paddy farmer with no bank records , no traceable monthly income, rejected twice, even tho I garantee return ticket, accomadation, keep, there <deleted> to deal with, unless there from rich family.

regards S.S.crying.gif

ah so if it's rejected I can try again? I was told we only get 1 shot at applying for a VISA.

Well financially I am not skint the thing is I have no solid bank records as such.

I was looking down the path of her financcially supporting herself. Her parents can provide her with 200 000 baht or so for the holiday however she has no employment history or solid bank history apart from me sending her $150AUD a week.

Quote ... "My issue is how much money should she have in her bank account when applying for a tourist VISA?"

If you are skint ... then maybe a guideline might be a minimum of Bt 10,000 per week ... if you are supplying her accommodation ... but Bt 15,000 per week would be better.

Photo?

Together physically in thailand - about 9 months at least.

She doesn't have a job

Her parents will give her 200 000 Baht

She has a passport but has not travelled abroad.

She has a 2 story house in Korat which she lives in and the property is in her name.

My situation was I provided my financial documents, put 200k into a brand new account for her, once visa was approved I took it back out. This was on first tourist visa grant.

In your case If the bank account shows money regularly, that should be fine, get her mum to put the 200k into the bank account, and put a letter saying mum has provided the funds. And like the others said, you must prove why she has to return home. Land proof, family letters, work letters all saying they wish her the best for her holiday and she must return to thailand and the reasons why.

If you don't sponsor her, with that money from her mum and the regular payments she could earn a visa on her own merit and not need your sponsorship which could be beneficial for her. Alternative you can offer sponsorship by a way of letter from an accountant saying your business operates successfully to that affect or similar.

She doesn't need much money if you're the full sponsor.

But then you should show some financials.

'As I operate a cash business I have no solid bank records'

I'd be leaving that bit out of your application. Sounds sus to me.

Don't want to sound negative but you state you run "a cash business" if your half doing things legally then you would pay taxes and have tax returns. If not you now reap some of the downside.

Your 34 but yet can spend about 9 months here with her. She is 19 and owns a home? OK maybe rich family. Sounds weird. At very least you need to work on reason for her to return. Try and include pics of her with family etc. You will have to show you can support her. I'm retired but my application showed plenty of funds/assets.

You mentioned cash business but not your situation. Meaning you rent in AU? been here in Thai a lot so what's your digs in AU. What is your banking situation. Can you show a balance?

Something to show you have known her long time. Pics of you together in village and on trps away etc.

Show your itenery here. Personally the situation does not inspire me. Mainly because she is young and with no children etc difficult to show compelling reason to return. Also sounds you cannot demonstrate means to support.

Good luck wish you and gf well

Good luck, i'ts a nite mare,I tried to bring my 34 year old nephew out for a 3 month visit, but because he's a paddy farmer with no bank records , no traceable monthly income, rejected twice, even tho I garantee return ticket, accomadation, keep, there <deleted> to deal with, unless there from rich family.

regards S.S.crying.gif

S.S, Did you try a family sponsored Visa? Form 1418 1149. Lodged in Australia.

I am submitting one today for Father in Law 55 years old .

Fingers crossed he will get Three months.

I thought it might be scrutinized differently to the standard tourist visa.

Dvd

regards S.S.crying.gif

Dvd

davoz45 ... any chance you might start a new thread with your experiences?

This sort of info is invaluable.

We all try and help each other.

regards S.S.crying.gif

Dvd

davoz45 ... any chance you might start a new thread with your experiences?

This sort of info is invaluable.

We all try and help each other.

Will do

• Like 1

Photo?

Together physically in thailand - about 9 months at least.

She doesn't have a job

Her parents will give her 200 000 Baht

She has a passport but has not travelled abroad.

She has a 2 story house in Korat which she lives in and the property is in her name.

Immigration may take issue with the following:

1) Neither of you have a regular job. Immigration sees payment of personal income tax a civic duty, so (as taxpayers themselves) they won't at all like your 'cash only' excuse. Proof of a job means payslips, letters from employers and so on

2) She's very young - young people (statistically) tend to flout visa rules and work illegally - more chance of her disappearing

3) There is a significant age difference between you, and her very young age statistically makes the relationship less stable - more chance of her disappearing

4) She doesn't have a regular job, meaning that there is less for her to want to come back to - more chance of her disappearing

5) Just having enough money for your trip us not enough. You could be planning to migrate for all they know - more chance of her disappearing

6) You have only spent 9 months physically together, and are not married. They may see the relationship and new and more risky - more chance of her disappearing

Be prepared to be asked to provide information to satisfy immigration on the above. Remember also that they make decisions on a 'balance of probabilities', which means that the overall picture of an applicant needs to be of a type that will (statistically) abide by the conditions of the visa - tourism in this case - and that the visa holder is statistically unlikely to breach any of the conditions.