Nida Poll shows 41 percent doubt Ms Yingluck will return within schedule

Lite Beer

Nida Poll shows 41 percent doubt Ms Yingluck will return within schedule

xBs-ZTcrCAAAbNVw.jpg.pagespeed.ic.juFOVD

BANGKOK: -- More than half of the 1,247 respondents to the Nida Poll agree with the National Council for Peace and Order’s decision to allow former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to leave the country but 41 of them doubt she will return within the schedule.

The poll was conducted by the National Institute of Development Administration during July 18-19 from 1,247 samples. The poll results are as follows:

- 52.19 percent support the NCPO’s decision because individuals are entitled to the right to travel and that Ms Yingluck has been cooperative with the junta all along.

- 39.87 percent of the respondents disagree with the NCPO’s decision.

- 7.97 percent have no opinions.

Regarding the question about whether Ms Yingluck will return within the July 20-Aug 10 as permitted by the junta, the results are as follows:

- 41 percent believe she will not return within the schedule

- 39.04 per cent believe she will return within the schedule

- 18.9 percent say they are not sure

- 77.21 percent believe that she will attend the 65th birthday celebration of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin in France

- 9.16 percent believe she will not.

Source: http://englishnews.t...within-schedule

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xwuNWP8G4
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-20

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if unforeseen reasons (excuses) materialize (are fabricated) as to why she can't return as she originally estimated. Getting a confirmed seat on an open return ticket can be hard to do sometimes. Besides there are so many tourists coming to Thailand it's hard to get a seat (according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand). w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

I think she may do so, but I think the Junta really want her to go into exile obscurity with her brother and the rest of the clan.

I think the Junta are taking a big risk.

While in Thailand, she can be controlled, but now that they have allowed her to leave, I wonder how long it will be before the criticisms of the Junta start.

One thing I can guarantee you all, if she starts getting snarly and throwing the accusations around.... Then we know she was leaving with absolutely no intention of ever coming back.

Then the Junta's headaches will start.

Thaksin and Yingluck will start detribalising Thailand once again, and doing everything they can to disrupt reunification.

While they are in self exile, they are going to do everything in their power to return as free people. We have all seen the lengths they were prepared go to get Thaksin back, now there is Yingluck and her son too.

Watch this space.

Edited by lostsoul49

Hopefully the good General has told Yingluck that if she doesn't return on the due date that her and her son and brother's passports will be revoked. Then she will illegally be in USA or UK or France without a valid passport or visa and then have to report to the nearest Thai Embassy to be repatriated. Without a valid passport she won't be able to fly to Dubai or Montenegro to get a new one.

• Like 1

"More than half of the 1,247 respondents to the Nida Poll agree with the National Council for Peace and Order’s decision to allow former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to leave the country but 41 of them doubt she will return within the schedule."

Well, of course not There's no way she will return before she finishes shopping at Harrods annual sale. cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Hopefully the good General has told Yingluck that if she doesn't return on the due date that her and her son and brother's passports will be revoked. Then she will illegally be in USA or UK or France without a valid passport or visa and then have to report to the nearest Thai Embassy to be repatriated. Without a valid passport she won't be able to fly to Dubai or Montenegro to get a new one.

I would suggest that if the passport of the recently deposed democratically elected prime minister of a country now ruled by a junta who seized power in a military coup, were to be revoked by said junta, then neither France, the USA or the UK, nor indeed any other democratic country in the world would regard said ex prime minister as being in any sense illegal!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

​Thais split on whether Yingluck will come back
THE NATION

30239024-01_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- ABOUT HALF OF people in a recent survey back the junta's granting of permission for ousted prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to take a short trip out of the country, but opinions were split 41:39 on whether she would actually return, according to Nida Poll.

The results released yesterday on the survey conducted by the National Institute of Development Administration from July 18-19 on 1,247 respondents nationwide showed 52-per-cent approval of Yingluck's vacation to Europe, since she has a citizen's right to do that.

She also seemed quite willing to cooperate with the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO). However, 40 per cent thought she should remain in the country to clear doubts that she may try to seek asylum abroad.

The NCPO has allowed Yingluck and her son to travel abroad from July 20-August 10, but the National Anti-Corruption Commission decided unanimously last week to seek her criminal indictment for alleged dereliction of duty in overseeing the rice-pledging scheme.

When asked if Yingluck will attend her brother Thaksin's birthday party on July 26 during her stay in France, 77 per cent thought she would, while 9 per cent believed otherwise. About 14 per cent had no comment or were unsure.

According to another survey by Bangkok Poll on police reform, 91 per cent wanted the overhaul by the NCPO while only 9 per cent did not. About 67 per cent believed provincial police should be under the direct command of the governor while 33 per cent disagreed.

About 89 per cent felt police policy committees should be restructured to minimise influence from the political sector and 64.5 per cent that the current police chief should be allowed to select his successor. The other respondents disagreed.

Large majorities of 82 per cent agreed that the permanent secretary of the Defence Ministry should be appointed to the National Police Policy Commission and of 89.5 per cent that the selection criteria for the police chief should not be based on seniority, as proposed, but rather ability and performance.

When asked what was the most urgent issue needing the attention of the police chief, 35 per cent said corruption, 26 per cent said security of lives and property and 20 per cent illicit drugs.

Master Poll also conducted research on leadership attributes that people most want to see. High on the list were being tough (88 per cent), brave and decisive (77 per cent), loyalty to the monarch (62 per cent), honesty (61 per cent), determined and selfless (56 per cent) and responsibility on duty (56) per cent.

About 53 per cent preferred a leader with clear vision, while |others mentioned ability and capability, experience, vision, strategic planning, open mindedness, interpersonal skills, and good posture and looks.

A leader who is wealthy was the choice of almost 11 per cent.

Source: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744447-nida-poll-shows-41-percent-doubt-ms-yingluck-will-return-within-schedule/

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-21

I would suggest that if the passport of the recently deposed democratically elected prime minister of a country now ruled by a junta who seized power in a military coup, were to be revoked by said junta, then neither France, the USA or the UK, nor indeed any other democratic country in the world would regard said ex prime minister as being in any sense illegal!

Codswallop.

It didn't help Thaksin much did it?

He was rejected by the UK.

If she is a proven criminal on the run and tries to use other countries to hide, then it is quite possible she will equally be rejected.

Obviously there is a shortlist of countries specifically for the criminals who have oodles of money.

These countries are happy to allow them, but are not protecting them, they want their money.

Codswallop.

If she is a proven criminal on the run and tries to use other countries to hide, then it is quite possible she will equally be rejected.

Obviously there is a shortlist of countries specifically for the criminals who have oodles of money.

These countries are happy to allow them, but are not protecting them, they want their money.

The EU, the U.S and Australia do not recognise the junta and it is my guess that they will look after her. It is the Junta they see as illegal and not Yingluk.

The anti government movement wanted her expelled from the country and they should be over the moon if she doesn't come back.

Who cares? We'll see if she returns or not, and wait for the debacled forum posts.

A poll on Thais is about as reliable as Thai bog-roll perforations meeting in a line between both layers when you snap one off.

YL's bog roll sheets are reliable - they're made by Burberry and imported from Paris. Scented, too - Chanel No.5, with embossed pretty pink tulips.

• Like 1

Every time a thread comes out based on a Nida poll, someone should post that picture of the Nida stall at one of Suthep's pre-coup rallies, openly siding with them. People should know to what extent their sources are biased, especially when it is relatively easy to do.

• Like 1

Who cares? We'll see if she returns or not, and wait for the debacled forum posts.

A poll on Thais is about as reliable as Thai bog-roll perforations meeting in a line between both layers when you snap one off.

YL's bog roll sheets are reliable - they're made by Burberry and imported from Paris. Scented, too - Chanel No.5, with embossed pretty pink tulips.

I have an idea how the embossing may be done, but I wont say it here.

Quote:

Master Poll also conducted research on leadership attributes that people most want to see. High on the list were being tough (88 per cent), brave and decisive (77 per cent), loyalty to the monarch (62 per cent), honesty (61 per cent), determined and selfless (56 per cent) and responsibility on duty (56) per cent.

About 53 per cent preferred a leader with clear vision, while |others mentioned ability and capability, experience, vision, strategic planning, open mindedness, interpersonal skills, and good posture and looks.

---

Only 61% for honesty, 56% for responsibility on duty. The future does not look bright.

I don't think that the Junta really expected her to return. The real question is: will she go into quiet, private exile, as they expect her to, and be quietly forgiven and allowed back in a few years, or will her brother make her head a "government in exile"?

I think she may do so, but I think the Junta really want her to go into exile obscurity with her brother and the rest of the clan.

Maybe while the whole family and closest friends are abroad with Uncle Thaksin, the junta will cancel their passports.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Codswallop.

The EU, the U.S and Australia do not recognise the junta and it is my guess that they will look after her. It is the Junta they see as illegal and not Yingluk.

The anti government movement wanted her expelled from the country and they should be over the moon if she doesn't come back.

I wonder what their stance was when the military took over from her brother a few years back.

Edited by brimacthai

Should she not return, and I for one do not think she will ,it will be a significant indictment on the current Junta as owing to the serious and copious nature of the charges she is facing, allowing her safe passage to leave the country can only be construed as nepotism.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a genuinely Thai bog roll for many years, what brand would that be? I mean really manufactured by a completely Thai owned and founded business?