Iphone 5s

blossombkk

Hi,

I intend to buy IPHONE 5S or samsung S5.

I am located in Bangkok but will soon travel to South Korea and Hong Kong.

Is sumsung cheaper in Korea?

Is Hong Kong Cheaper for those phones?

I know apple stores have the same prices everywhere

but are there cheaper ways to buy them?

Thanks for info

It pains me to say it as I've got a iPhone but if I was buying new id get a S5, Apple seem to come out with nothing new or useful and iOS 8 won't change that either, just the one feature of black and white mode on s5 shows that Apple are falling way behind and there is nothing new expected in the near future

S5 is worst phone of 2014.

If you want sammy, wait for note 4.

If not, buy better designed phones. S5 looks like an S4 replica that is poorly copied.

Yet in the tests it beats iphone 5s hands down. The iphone is not even water resistant, cant change batteries, need to do everything with itunes. Cant even copy files onto it from your computer with itunes bloatware.

That's confusing!

Does anybody else has Iphone 5S or samsung S5?

It would help me to make a decision of what to buy.

Is anything else recommended?

Thanks

Blossom

If you ever used an Iphone and like it buy it.

If you never used one go for the S5 it will give you far more freedom. You can plug any android into your computer and just move your music onto it and play it on your phone no bloatware like itunes needed. Also if you ever loose your stuff on your computer you can copy it back. Doing that with Itunes is asking for trouble.

Iphone cant change its battery once its dead its gone for android phones like the S5 you can just buy a new battery. On an Iphone you have to buy 16 / 32 / 64 gb models at high prices. Android phones you can just add an extra memory card at almost no cost.

The S5 is watertight.. walking in the rain even dropping it in the pool 1 meter wont affect it. Try that with an iphone.

Battery life is better as the Iphone too, test have shown that. Just compare the battery size of both.

Battery life is good for both phones, but the Galaxy S5 comes out ahead in that department. We like to do a test where we stream video on a device, with brightness set at 75 percent. In this test, the GS5 logged an impressive 9 hours and 27 minutes. The iPhone lasted 6 hours, 15 minutes. In regular experience, I don't think the iPhone's uptimes are any cause for concern, but the GS5 is typically going to be the longer-lasting phone.

When it comes to battery life, the Galaxy S5 also has an ace up its sleeve. Have you ever had a phone completely conk out, leaving you without even the most basic of functions, like emergency calls or text messages? Well, the GS5's Ultra Power Saving Mode is a clever solution. Turn the feature on, and the phone's screen will shift to black & white, and you'll be greeted by a new home screen with just the basics (phone, text messages, browser, etc). In this mode, Samsung says 10 percent of battery can last up to 24 hours.

Edited by robblok

That's confusing!

Does anybody else has Iphone 5S or samsung S5?

It would help me to make a decision of what to buy.

Is anything else recommended?

Thanks

Blossom

If you ever used an Iphone and like it buy it.

If you never used one go for the S5 it will give you far more freedom. You can plug any android into your computer and just move your music onto it and play it on your phone no bloatware like itunes needed. Also if you ever loose your stuff on your computer you can copy it back. Doing that with Itunes is asking for trouble.

Iphone cant change its battery once its dead its gone for android phones like the S5 you can just buy a new battery. On an Iphone you have to buy 16 / 32 / 64 gb models at high prices. Android phones you can just add an extra memory card at almost no cost.

The S5 is watertight.. walking in the rain even dropping it in the pool 1 meter wont affect it. Try that with an iphone.

Battery life is better as the Iphone too, test have shown that. Just compare the battery size of both.

Battery life is good for both phones, but the Galaxy S5 comes out ahead in that department. We like to do a test where we stream video on a device, with brightness set at 75 percent. In this test, the GS5 logged an impressive 9 hours and 27 minutes. The iPhone lasted 6 hours, 15 minutes. In regular experience, I don't think the iPhone's uptimes are any cause for concern, but the GS5 is typically going to be the longer-lasting phone.

When it comes to battery life, the Galaxy S5 also has an ace up its sleeve. Have you ever had a phone completely conk out, leaving you without even the most basic of functions, like emergency calls or text messages? Well, the GS5's Ultra Power Saving Mode is a clever solution. Turn the feature on, and the phone's screen will shift to black & white, and you'll be greeted by a new home screen with just the basics (phone, text messages, browser, etc). In this mode, Samsung says 10 percent of battery can last up to 24 hours.

But it is ugly as héll. Just water resistant, so what? You sweat on your phone while working out? They have phone arm bands for that. Besides you comparing iphone 5s to a newer phone. You should compare iPhone 6 to Galaxy S5. You forgot last year who beat who with 64 bit processor and its performance in almost everything?

I understand if you prefer android, but why S5? It is ugly, cheap plastic, poorly designed, it has bloatware inside the os. It is called Touchwiz!