July 20, 201412 yr Anybody did it recently? I am wondering how long does it takes, what they ask for (bank statements?) and if I can do it there if I am not living in the UK. Thanks
July 20, 201412 yr let me get this straight you are currently in Thailand and want to post your passport to get a ED Visa in London? First thing it is illegal to be without your passport in Thailand, secondly they will see no exit stamp from Thailand and can refuse to issue you one.
July 20, 201412 yr Author No I am not in Thailand of course, I am in France, it's just that I'd rather visit London than Paris, and than Laos
July 20, 201412 yr If you can supply proof of funds and how you will live whilst in Thailand, they might give you one, also proof of course and payment of the course fees.
July 20, 201412 yr Author Ok, the school part is done, I can get the document shipped, what is "proof of funds" exactly? Do I have to show bank statements with a minimum balance? How much that balance would be?
July 20, 201412 yr the new rules are coming and you will have to show that you can survive in Thailand for the duration of your studies without working.
July 20, 201412 yr Financial proof will not be needed to get the ED visa. It may be needed to get an extension of stay. Info here on embassy website: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49. You should contact them to confirm what the want. It is next day service if applying in person. It is 4 or 5 days by post. To apply by post it must come from and be sent to a UK address.
July 20, 201412 yr Would it not be just as easy to go on line to access your accounts and just print statements out yourself?
Create an account or sign in to comment