Thai Airways to be Restructured

ATF

I like them...

Professional and good choices of destinations..

I like them too but the prices can't compete with Cathy, British Airways or the Middle Eastern Airlines.

• Like 2

I looked at a ticket from BKK to Shanghai recently and the pricing on Thai Airway made no sense whatsoever. The economy ticket was very expensive and the business class ticket was only a little more. I ended up booking with someone else for less than half.

I heard that Thai Airways offers better discounts through travel agents. I know we use a travel agency at work and the fares don't seem to be much better. Anyone else have any experience with that?

I live in Dubai but have now started buying tickets originating in Bangkok on Thai Airways, they are much cheaper than buying from Dubai and even cheaper than going on EK. Of course they are 10,000 baht more (business class) than Malaysian but no thanks.

• Like 1

With Malayasia Airlines going down the pan there is an opportunity for Thai to pick up extra passengers. Whether this guy can do any good remains to be seen. The airline has suffered from overmanning and over generous perks for too many years.

I like them...

I like them too but the prices can't compete with Cathy, British Airways or the Middle Eastern Airlines.

Yep. Sorry and all that but I am not paying you £100+ over the BA fare, which itself is £100 over the EK fare, every time I try to book anything.

Well, it seems it is working and the prices have gone down A LOT.

I just reserved through edreams.es the flights for my family who are coming to attend to my wedding next month. The round trip from Madrid to Bangkok days 5 and 19 Aug cost me 875€ per passenger which is ridiculously low for a direct flight and something like 3x less than it cost before.

Nice.

I just reserved through edreams.es the flights for my family who are coming to attend to my wedding next month. The round trip from Madrid to Bangkok days 5 and 19 Aug cost me 875€ per passenger which is ridiculously low for a direct flight and something like 3x less than it cost before.

Nice.

Edreams - cheap Thai tickets in August - Could be to good to be true ?

• Like 1

As long as those fat cats who's running the airline on the government's dime, things will remain

the same, thinking that in Thailand can fork 500 billion to prop up the rice shamble, they should

also no worry about being in the black, I get tone of promos emails from many airlines buy non

from TG, they mantra is, if you want us you will come to us.....

Not true they are always most expensive, we found them the cheapest to NZ last year, inconsistent service though out ant back. Their customer service is very poor I have found, try phoning/emailing them!

• Like 1

Some of the prices are double or more for an hour and one half flight. Probably nice to fly, but need to be on

an expense account or tax deductible.

I need to go to Singapore in September, Thai was over 20,000 for the two of us, Cathay 17,000, Singapore Airlines 14,000, Air Asia 10,000, but I booked a promotional flight with Tiger at 5,600 Baht, all in, for two passengers.

That'll do me for the short hop down there, who is really going to want to pay top dollar for flying with the national flag carrier.

Although their prices from Dubai are cheaper than Emirates I went with Emirates this time. Thai Airways only allows 20kg. free check-in vs. Emirates allowing up to 30kg. I've got a few extra items to bring this time. Thai Airways was wanting $25 USD a kg. for overage, ouch.

I do love their flight attendants and it's comical sometimes to watch them deal with some of the arrogant people that come from the area I'm flying out of. Emirates has newer planes and seem a bit more comfortable, in economy anyway.

Edited by Roger Lee
  • Like 1

I like them...

I do not mind paying extra $100-$200 for a direct flight.

Others are usually cheaper because of stop overs

Edited by Pralaad

Nice.

My thought too.

I've had problems myself, with this particular company, they took the money on my credit-card and failed to issue the ticket, then a demand for an extra GBP90 arrived, blaming the airlines involved. And yet they still showed the lower fare as being available, on Skyscanner. blink.png So now I warn my friends, about them, just in case this wasn't an isolated error on their part.

My own fault, I ought not to have been so trusting, in Skyscanner's vetting of people they recommend, and should rather have booked direct with the airline's website, at a slightly-higher price.

I do hope Urloc doesn't have a similar problem. It's often a good idea, to google the agent's name & "problems", before using someone new.

I like them...

I do not mind paying extra $100-$200 for a direct flight.

Others are usually cheaper because of stop overs

Honestly really they are not. The fastest fight to the UK is BA and very little difference between BC and FC price. Emirates is usually cheapest to HK which I fly a lot but not as good as Cathay. The Thai price is a lot more.

Just checking out a flight to the States and Thai are giving crazy prices for BC. Thai does have great service though and the girls are great but if you read the article posted in the OP you will see what Thai has to spend before they even take off.

Nice.

My thought too.

I've had problems myself, with this particular company, they took the money on my credit-card and failed to issue the ticket, then a demand for an extra GBP90 arrived, blaming the airlines involved. And yet they still showed the lower fare as being available, on Skyscanner. blink.png So now I warn my friends, about them, just in case this wasn't an isolated error on their part.

My own fault, I ought not to have been so trusting, in Skyscanner's vetting of people they recommend, and should rather have booked direct with the airline's website, at a slightly-higher price.

I do hope Urloc doesn't have a similar problem. It's often a good idea, to google the agent's name & "problems", before using someone new.

I have used edreams a few times and their customer support really blows, but the tickets are cheaper than with the airline. In this case 300€ difference per ticket, which is quite a lot considering there are 6 passengers.

I searched again now and the prices have gone higher, but they issued my tickets already. I mostly pay with paypal.

• Like 1

My thought too.

I have used edreams a few times and their customer support really blows, but the tickets are cheaper than with the airline. In this case 300€ difference per ticket, which is quite a lot considering there are 6 passengers.

I searched again now and the prices have gone higher, but they issued my tickets already. I mostly pay with paypal.

Fair enough !

And forgot to say, congratulations of your forthcoming wedding, next month, and Good Luck ! thumbsup.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nice.

My thought too.

I've had problems myself, with this particular company, they took the money on my credit-card and failed to issue the ticket, then a demand for an extra GBP90 arrived, blaming the airlines involved. And yet they still showed the lower fare as being available, on Skyscanner. alt=blink.png> So now I warn my friends, about them, just in case this wasn't an isolated error on their part.

Would strongly suggest checking if the Airline has your booking by going to checkmytrip.com. Enter your PNR number (issued in your E-Ticket by Edreams) and see if Thai Airways has your confirmed flights ?

Edreams have a habit of taking your money - providing an e-ticket then sometimes a week before your flight you get an email from Edreams saying the return flight is full however for another 200/300 euros per ticket they can get you an alternative return flight !