Insurance Company

Our Vigo's insurance is due in August and my wife received a call asking if we were going to renew it, that was two weeks ago. She said of course we were so they caller said he will send the paperwork and we could pay in 3 monthly instalments if needed. I told my wife it isn't due until August and asked why the rush they kept calling every few days. She got the letter and realized it wasn't from our insurance company. The salesman didn't mention he was from a competing company trying trick my wife into buying from his company. How did he know our insurance is due? I'm guessing someone from our insurance company is making some money selling information.

Happened to me as well. Actually, I received four quotations from four different companies. As it turned out, the agent who handled our policy last year has moved to a different company. I also found out that these insurance companies "share" customer information among themselves.

This reminds me of one instance when I was visiting a Thai friend at his office. While waiting for him at the lobby, I chanced upon a 3-page document posted on the board. It had all the emplyees' details; position; salary; social security number; home address; phone number; etc. He didn't seem to understand when I told him that info like these should be kept confidential. He said he didn't mind.

Had similar with a domain name.. I have lots of domains and many with different people / hosts..

So I get an email to click this link to renew etc.. I do exactly that and moved the ###### domain from one host to another.. This then didnt have DNS settings and the site was down..

Deceptive yes.. My fault tho..

I was almost swindled by the old staff of my insurance company. This guy at first just call to remind us the insurance coming expiry date, than again recommend another insurance company with 50% cheaper promotion policy with the condition having to pay in advance to effect the policy. From my instinct, I feel something must be very fishy, and upon calling my existing insurance company; the manager informed us this guy has been sacked for cheating client’s money. So beware whom you deal with.