Good news for samui and tourist esp

Time to take out my bottle of absolut for a skål.

Well, they better have very good connections in Phuket, because even the resident Thai mafia is having a hard time over there.

It seems like another group of mafia got better connected after the recent political change, so they're clearing up the space.

• Like 1

Although the selling tactics are the main concern,this surely is bad news for the island. These companies have brought thousands of repeat visitors to the island over the past 10 years or so not something to be celebrated.

• Like 1

Although the selling tactics are the main concern,this surely is bad news for the island. These companies have brought thousands of repeat visitors to the island over the past 10 years or so not something to be celebrated.

Thousand of people come here anyway..... with out being ripped off by these scam artists ....whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

I can't imagine visitors who have come to Samui have then booked another holiday just because of the pleasure they got from the timeshare people on the street.

Or are you saying that thousands of Samui timeshares have been sold? This I doubt.

Can you explain how you justify your assertion above?

R

• Like 1

I can't imagine visitors who have come to Samui have then booked another holiday just because of the pleasure they got from the timeshare people on the street.

Or are you saying that thousands of Samui timeshares have been sold? This I doubt.

R

There have been many companies over the past ten years or so, and yes thousands of units/weeks whatever have been sold, these people that purchased have come back or swapped with someone else that comes, so yes it has added to the number of visitors. Also the scratchcards as we know mostly offer a free stay at the resort which many do actually use, so again bringing custom to the island.

We are all aware of the scratch card tactics and supposed 'pressure selling technique' but the OP is basically saying its good news for the island when infact from a business sense it isnt.

Try thinking out of the box rather than being a sheeple.

I can see this turning into a timeshare insult throwing thread but that isnt the question/statement posed by the OP

The scratch card tactic is a scam to begin with. Every single of the darn cards is a winner, so why bother with it an just offer them the freebies right away? It's just a tacky manipulative scam.

Do you mean that all those units people have bought have now immediately become defunct? Poor suckers who bought into this then.

People who would have come yearly here, will come regardless and now they'll inject money into the local economy by staying at one of the hotels here.

Those who decide not to come here anymore because of no more time share places to stay, surely must be a minority of those. So there is really nothing much lost in the local economy. The pros and CONS evens up.

R

There have been many companies over the past ten years or so, and yes thousands of units/weeks whatever have been sold, these people that purchased have come back or swapped with someone else that comes, so yes it has added to the number of visitors. Also the scratchcards as we know mostly offer a free stay at the resort which many do actually use, so again bringing custom to the island.

We are all aware of the scratch card tactics and supposed 'pressure selling technique' but the OP is basically saying its good news for the island when infact from a business sense it isnt.

I can see this turning into a timeshare insult throwing thread but that isnt the question/statement posed by the OP

If that's he case why they never approach me and only tourists

I know for a fact tang people have been kidnapped and staff have ended up walking out of the office side of the job due to not being able to deal with the pissed off tourists who have been tricked into getting a new camera

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The scratch card tactic is a scam to begin with. Every single of the darn cards is a winner, so why bother with it an just offer them the freebies right away? It's just a tacky manipulative scam.

Do you mean that all those units people have bought have now immediately become defunct? Poor suckers who bought into this then.

People who would have come yearly here, will come regardless and now they'll inject money into the local economy by staying at one of the hotels here.

Those who decide not to come here anymore because of no more time share places to stay, surely must be a minority of those. So there is really nothing much lost in the local economy. The pros and CONS evens up.

Where is teh scam with the cards, a prize is won and given....no scam involved. The owners willcontinue to be able to use their units.

R

If that's he case why they never approach me and only tourists

I know for a fact tang people have been kidnapped and staff have ended up walking out of the office side of the job due to not being able to deal with the pissed off tourists who have been tricked into getting a new camera

Because its unlikely someone that lives here would want to buy the product.....kidnappingcheesy.gif I know they have a hard sell but kidnapping I doubt very much...This really has nothing to do with the OP. It cant be denied that selling any property/product that brings visitors back year after year is a good cash injection for local businesses on the island.

R

The jetski mafia has likely also attracted thousands of people to Samui (at least in part) over the years. The question is, how many have they scared away?

I am quite sure that from all perspectives, incl. business, Samui would be better off if all jetskis just vanished.

R

A couple who are good friends of mine from back in Australia own a timeshare in Choeng Mon and are extremely happy with it. They come every year, and can also use timeshare villas located elsewhere in Asia if they feel like going somewhere different.

Don't like time shares? Don't buy one. Pretty simple, I would have thought.

Because its unlikely someone that lives here would want to buy the product.....kidnapping:cheesy: I know they have a hard sell but kidnapping I doubt very much...This really has nothing to do with the OP. It cant be denied that selling any property/product that brings visitors back year after year is a good cash injection for local businesses on the island.

For every customer you win how many people have you put off samui or that section of the island ????

That you shall never know

Jist is we don't like them we don't want them

If it was down to a vote you know what out come shall be

Edited by PoorSucker
removed tangled quotes

It's obvious a certain someone here has some vested interest in this. It is really a waste of time "discussing" anything further regarding this issue. There's already an ancient thread about this bullshiet and it'll just be same shiet all over again.

Easiest way is to put it down to a vote

Then that's that

I have a special prize for one of the the people in this thread. Infact you have all won something. It could be an Ipad, a Video camera, 10,000 baht , or a free membership on Thaivisa.com. This is amazing, its mental, my god , one of you has won something. Oh...hang on , no you havnt.

• Like 1

Why the vitriol?

I Know a couple of people who worked for them, for 10 yrs +.

They are good lads, Live, earn and spend money on Samui.

I'm sure, it'll all be better when it's Russian's really bothering tourists.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

From their website ,

that's what Absolute takes from Samui alt_whereisthebeach.jpg " The ultimate tropical paradise, it boasts turquoise seas, white sands, lush emerald coconut groves

".The Beach Samui is situated in the Thong Krut beach resort - one of the most pristine and derdeveloped beaches on the island - overlooking the necklace of islands which make up Moo Koh Ang Thong, the national marine park.Only a 35-minute drive from the airport, The Beach Samui enjoys unrivalled natural beauty with year-round sunshine, breath-taking beaches and lush traditional coconut groves. At the same time, the island offers the highest calibre of holiday services - on site and off."

And here again,, in return, Absolute's legacy to Samui alt_resortintro.jpg

These so called guests brought to Samui thanks to Absolute, cost more than the money they are suposed to bring to the economy : " “We are very excited about Samui’s future and we look forward to contributing to the growth of a sustainable tourism industry and delivering memorable vacation experiences to our guests and owners. In particular, our commitment to Samui Island will grow further in 2015 as we welcome our first Private Residence Club on the Island, The Beach Samui on Thong Krut Beach in the island’s idyllic southern tip,”

( from Samui Times" )

Edited by Opl

It's an "artistic" vision, not a real photo.

You haven't been to Thong krut for a while have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So they have remade the "beach" (from the same website)

6.jpg

• Like 1

It's an "artistic" vision, not a real photo.

You haven't been to Thong krut for a while have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So they have remade the "beach" (from the same website)

6.jpg

Funny part is you are inside a reef with just a channel leading out, that picture is not right.