Multiple Uk Visit Visa Sucess

My wife picked up her multiple visit visa from the British Embassy in Rome today (from the visa agents).

It took some digging to find the full conditions that need to be met, and some advice from Scouse, but anyway, she has the visa (Valid for 5 years - Not more than six months per visit) and it sits, Bizarrely on the next page to her still valid Settlement Visa - Long story can be found here Applying for a Long Term UK Visitor Visa

Again thanks for the pointers Scouse... You really ought to be making this a business.

GH... and of course Mrs GH..

I'll add the following information just incase someone else goes this route.

All visa applications to the British Embassy in Rome are handled through approved agents. We chose CAT (Vialle Di St Anna) on account of it's only a few hundred meters from where we live.

The Agent's Fee was Euro30 for handling the application.

The Visa Fee was Euro132, payable by a banker's cheque to the British Embassy and of course not refundable.

The form VAF1 gives a number of choices as to which visa is being applied for, she applied for the "Family Visit Visa' on account (as Scouse explained) there are rights to appeal if a family visit visa is refused (I think that is what I understand, Scouse can correct me if I'm wrong)

To make an application the applicant MUST be resident in Italy, so we provided both my and my wife's Permesso Di Sogiorno (Residents Permit).

We also provided:

A cover letter explaining why she wanted a Long Term Visitor Visa

An attachment to the application that explained each query that might arise - for example why we left the UK while she still holds a Settlement Visa

We provided a letter from my employers confirming my employment, confirming my assignment in Italy and confirming my base salary + Six months pay slips

We did not provide full statements of other income or copies of bank statements

We provided a certified copy of our Singapore marriage certificate (Stamped and signed at the Singapore High Commission in London)

I can hear someone asking - Why does she need a visitor visa if she already has a valid settlement visa?

The answer, as we discovered when she went by herself to the UK recently, is that the Settlement Visa is just that, she has to be settled OR travelling back into the country with me OR I have to already be in the UK where she is travelling alone to meet me OR she has to have evidence that I am close behind her on the next flight.

As I explained here at the time, she was extremely lucky that the immigration officer accepted her explanation that she was making a three day visit and returning to Rome - had they not she might have been refused entry and that recorded on her visa history.

Anyway, all done and dusted now, but do be carefu of this travelling alone on a Settlement Visa if the UK partner is not in the UK when the Thai partner travels.

Guest endure
As you can see from avatar and signature, the business is now up and running.

I thought your avatar was advertising a boxing match :o