How will the new visa regulations change Thailand's expat community?

DaveWalsh

Work permits are handed out to people who, in my opinion, are generally either second rate (at best) or (more often) third rate.

Let's be honest -- how many first rate expats work for MNCs in Thailand? The answer is zero. First rate guys would never consider transferring to Thailand.

Dave has obviously never spent time with the Diplomatic core ... facepalm.gif

Civil servants earn the same wherever they're posted.

For an aspiring diplomat, BKK might be a useful first rung of the ladder, but it'll only ever be a stepping stone.

For a private sector employee, BKK is very much the short straw.

EXAMPLE

I once spoke to an HR Manager in London. The company maintained offices in NYC, Sao Paulo, Paris, Tokyo, Singapore and BKK.

The office in BKK never pulled in much cash. It was the least profitable of the company's overseas operations.

So I asked the HR Manager why they kept the BKK office.

The HR Manager laughed and said: "if we didn't have the Bangkok office, where else would we transfer the wan_kers".

True story.

Dear Dave ... can I call you Dave?

You seem to have missed the point, so maybe I sharpen your focus.

My actual post also included 'Could I offer up the possibility that 'first rate expats' do things that are motivated by other things then monetary gain? Hence a 'Thailand Opportunity' is acceptable?

So Dave the reference to the 'Diplomatic core' was aimed directly at you who, in a sweeping and absolute statement basically said that ANY expat working in Thailand is 2nd or 3rd rate at their profession ...

May I suggest that your 'People Management' skills have not been a high point in your career to date and to truly succeed in the business world you sharpen this aspect.

May I also suggest again that that 'first rate expats' do things that are motivated by other things then monetary gain?

Just my humble thoughts ... digest from that what you will.

Oh Pleazzze the righteous rap is nauseating. Whore mongers are who like T-land... lots. And pedophiles. and people pulling scams like a well known fake lawyer or dozen.

However, people with governmental and military security clearances avoid the nation like the plague. because the whole world knows all the dirt about this nation and about why the vast majority of foreign men will jump through any flaming hoop immigration puts in front of them to maintain access to cheap sex.

Horror of horrors to have to go back to where young, attractive prostitutes charge hundred of dollars !!! Oh Noooo only women your own age want anything to do with you Oh Horrors.... Nooooooooo

I wouldnt expect anything other than that sort of SR BS from a Blair.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2. Yes she has 1 tattoo

Thank you for your honesty. I now understand the cause of your problems.

For the record, my Thai-Chinese wife does NOT have a tattoo.

For the record, no respectable western expat has a Thai partner with a tattoo.

Here we go again. How many Masters Degrees does she have?

Oh Pleazzze the righteous rap is nauseating. Whore mongers re who like T-land... lots. And pedophiles. and people pulling scams like a well known fake lawyer or dozen. However, people with governmental and military security clearances avoid the nation like the plague-

The whole world knows all the dirt about this nation and about why the vast majority of foreign men will jump through any flaming hoop immigration puts in front of them to maintain access to cheap sex . Horror of horrors to have to go back to where young, attractive prositutes charge hundred of dollars !!! Oh Noooo a wife your own age oh Nooooooooo

Just coz you are stuck with a fat old Doris don't get fresh with us.

Do you ever consider that not everyone on the world is male ?

Thank you for your honesty. I now understand the cause of your problems.

For the record, my Thai-Chinese wife does NOT have a tattoo

For the record, no respectable western expat has a Thai partner with a tattoo.

Dave you not even a good Troll, using old cliches like this, you need some original material...

For the record:- the only Thai Chinese lady you look at, one suspects, is in a magazine while your sitting on the dunny, with your skivvies round your ankles wink.png

Well I have 4 tattoo's ... so obviously i am not a respectable expat either then dear boy thumbsup.gif but think we have already estsablished I am 2nd or 3rd class in Davey's delusion troll world, so what does matter ?... certainly doesnt to me

BTW I am still waiting for the answers to my questions

• Like 1

I love how blatant gold diggers are considered charming to a lot of foreigners in Thaialnd - but only when they are Asian. When people of their own race behave the same way, they are castigated.

From bitter experience?

• Like 1

Oh Pleazzze the righteous rap is nauseating. Whore mongers re who like T-land... lots. And pedophiles. and people pulling scams like a well known fake lawyer or dozen. However, people with governmental and military security clearances avoid the nation like the plague-

The whole world knows all the dirt about this nation and about why the vast majority of foreign men will jump through any flaming hoop immigration puts in front of them to maintain access to cheap sex . Horror of horrors to have to go back to where young, attractive prositutes charge hundred of dollars !!! Oh Noooo a wife your own age oh Nooooooooo

Just coz you are stuck with a fat old Doris don't get fresh with us.

Do you ever consider that not everyone on the world is male ?

So? Lesbian Biker?

• Like 1

I love how blatant gold diggers are considered charming to a lot of foreigners in Thaialnd - but only when they are Asian. When people of their own race behave the same way, they are castigated.

You mean like SOUTPEEL's wife?

I agree. I would never date a woman with a tattoo.

Probably difficult with your RSI

• Like 1