Call logger program for Panasonic KX TEM824

boldface

Hi Folks

Wonder is anyone can put me out of my misery. I need to find a way to record outgoing phone call, by extension (number and duration) for a Panasonic KX TEM824 phone system. I do not run a server and everything I can find is hopelessly complicated and needs to be run from a server set up, where as I want to connect it to either my Win 7 or win8.1 computers.

Ideally I want something that every night at midnight will automatically print out the reports without me having to do much.

Any ideas?

Just did a google search for PanasonicKXTEM824 call log

Many responses. That Carl Navarro sure seams to get around...

Fixya.com:

Viewing is easy, printing not so much. The system has a DB-9 serial port on the cabinet. That serial port can be used to capture SMDR (Station Message Detail Recording) to a software program that can sort and print the call logs. Outside of that, you can turn on call logging (an option 6 or 7 or 96 and 97 IIRC from the PROGRAM press a button and dial the code) that will visually display personal or system calls.

It would be in your Operating manual. We use a program from the U.K. that captures the serial port and makes it available on the network, called Serial Logger Service It's a 30-day free trial, then $75 to register it..
Carl

answers.yahoo,com:

The call log itself resides in a pool in memory, but the actual call records are streamed to the serial port at the system cabinet.
You can use a program to capture them, my preference is Phonelogger because it's free and it puts it on the web, but there are others.

So, for this you need a 9-pin Serial to USB converter and a cable to connect to a computer that's on 24/7, and a compatible phone-logger software application that can listen to the USB port and capture the data a it comes in, then arrange the data into a report as needed to print.

Software, like ATSLog, doesn't require a 'server', just an available computer running light-weight server service software in the background.

• Like 1