Does not filing a 90 day report technically mean you are on overstay?

So ridiculous and unacceptable to ask people to report when they have already submitted so many documents to get the visa...

[/quote

Why would anyone even consider not reporting. Its a condition of the visa and a painless 5 minute process as long as you go at the right time of day. I have always found 14.30 just right, the early morning and afternoon rush has finished. Anyone who doesnt want to do this should not get this type of visa

So ridiculous and unacceptable to ask people to report when they have already submitted so many documents to get the visa...

[/quote

Why would anyone even consider not reporting. Its a condition of the visa and a painless 5 minute process as long as you go at the right time of day. I have always found 14.30 just right, the early morning and afternoon rush has finished. Anyone who doesnt want to do this should not get this type of visa

Fine of you live in Jomtien but not 5 minutes if one lives in Bangkok and has to trail all the way up to Chaengwattana to sit for an hour and then head back through the traffic. Pain in the arse and serves no useful purpose whatsoever and as stupid as afternoon prohibition on buying alcohol between 2 and 5.

Only the Thai could indulge in such stupidity for no gain.

• Like 2

Fine of you live in Jomtien but not 5 minutes if one lives in Bangkok and has to trail all the way up to Chaengwattana to sit for an hour and then head back through the traffic. Pain in the arse and serves no useful purpose whatsoever and as stupid as afternoon prohibition on buying alcohol between 2 and 5.

In that particular Immigration office you can use the Mail in reporting, if that is any easier for you.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Simply follow the Law of Thailand and report accordingly. Its by far the easiest course of action.

We expect the aliens in the UK to follow the law and we must do the same. For goodness sake the entire procedure takes but a

few minutes out of your day. Just do it. You will be better respected for the action taken. There is certainly no excuse for

retirees. A little more inconvenient for the Business and Ed Visa holders perhaps, but that's all.

• Like 1

thairastawoman, on 22 Jul 2014 - 20:09, said:

What Visa did you get from within Thailand?

You get a 'Visa' to enter Thailand, thereafter you apply for an 'Extension of Stay' to remain in Thailand.

Remaining in Thailand for more than 90 days requires you report your current address to an Immigration Office either in person, or by post.

That is a condition of getting your next 90 day 'stay'.

[/quote

I even wonder how some stupid foreigners can supports these RI-DI-CU-LOUS rules...

Feel pity for the ones who do...

Over the years of living here and doing the 90 day reporting, I've twice been "late" to report, once by 4 days and once by 2 weeks (long story why but my mistake), both times I paid the 2k fine with a smile and got a little red stamp and a warning not to do it again, no further action and when I quizzed them whether it might get me in trouble further down the line, they assured me that would not be the case.

With regards the reporting and multi-entry that has been mentioned here, if you do leave the country before or on the 90 days, on your return it resets so no need to do a report until another 90 days in country has gone by. Potentially, people with a multi-entry that do 90 day reporting might not ever actually have to do a report if their exits and entries are timed nicely and they travel often.

Now that most of the riff raff are being weeded out of the system (back to back runners, illegal workers, overstayers, etc), I was thinking it would be nice if the 90 day reporting would just go away. It sure would lessen the crowds showing up at some immigration offices. Udon was not bad, but Chiang Mai used to have long waits. I wonder what it will be like this year.

Edited by slipperylobster

It is truly a waste of time especially since you can send a messenger to do the 90 day reporting for you. For the last 3 years I have just not done it and pay the 2K when I renew my work permit / visa. The last time was recently and I was a bit nervous when I saw the change of 5K + a possible daily fine but they just charged me 2K and didn't mention anything about the new rule or warn me that the next time won't be so cheap. However for the time being I will probably start do the filing and avoid giving them a chance to interpretation or the wrath of an immigration official just having a bad day.

[/quote

Or only the stupid foreigner who doesn't mail theirs in where it's acceptable.

• Like 1

I didn't know there was a fine for not having the slip, I have never brought the old slip back and nothing was ever said about it.

When I did my 90 day reporting a few months ago at Jomtien (Chonburi province), 2 people ahead of me did not have their previous slips in their passports and both were told to bring the current one with them next time.

Alan

SPALAX, on 22 Jul 2014 - 18:21, said:

I don't understand why foreigners want to have problems that can easily avoided by complying to law and regulations.

90 days reporting has nothing to do with visas. You have to report if you have been staying in Thailand for more than 90 says in Thailand.

However if you go outside Thailand, if you should have reported and you didn't do it, you can be denied entry!

The rule is that you must keep your last receipt of reporting in your passport. (although they say that you must have all of them)

That's not what I understand. When leaving Thailand you must get a re-entry permit before departure. This allows you re-entry back into Thailand and the 90 day reporting starts from the date of re-entry. It's recorded on the database the date of departure and date of re-entry. You can't get into trouble or be denied re-entry because you missed a 90 day report when you were not in Thailand. Immigration knows you didn't report because you left.

How can you keep all your 90 day report receipts in your passport? They remove the old one and replace it with the new one.

" It's recorded on the database" I like that smile.png

No it doesn't but there is a fine to pay.

I believe they changed the rules recently and according to my passport the fine is now a 'Fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht' PLUS an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht per day.

I think the new part is the 200 Baht per day on top of the fine.

Ok, so he was right then. I doubt he knows about this new fine though :-)

So if you don't bother for the entire year the fine could be approx an additional Bt73,000.00 ?? 365 x 200

Why the resistance to the 90 day address reconfirmation?

If married, have wife go do it.

If retired, you have lots of time so be sure to tell your maid/house boy/gf to go do it.

If in biz, have your employee go do it.

If in any other category, I hope you get the idea.wai2.gif

Why bother when you can do it by EMS post with a 5 baht stamp attached to an SAE? The least line of resistance that I've been using for the past 8 years and now only 160 kms from my Imm Office.

• Like 1

in this day & age , and does thailand not want to be a hub of technology, why the hell you can still not report this kind of thing online ? 2014 ???

Presumably to eliminate the plethora of excuses that would be offered for late submissions.

No it doesn't but there is a fine to pay.

I believe they changed the rules recently and according to my passport the fine is now a 'Fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht' PLUS an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht per day.

I think the new part is the 200 Baht per day on top of the fine.

Ok, so he was right then. I doubt he knows about this new fine though :-)

So if you don't bother for the entire year the fine could be approx an additional Bt73,000.00 ?? 365 x 200

Why the resistance to the 90 day address reconfirmation?

If married, have wife go do it.

If retired, you have lots of time so be sure to tell your maid/house boy/gf to go do it.

If in biz, have your employee go do it.

If in any other category, I hope you get the idea.wai2.gif

Why bother when you can do it by EMS post with a 5 baht stamp attached to an SAE? The least line of resistance that I've been using for the past 8 years and now only 160 kms from my Imm Office.

Do you have to send your passport to do the 90 day report by post or just a photocopy of the relevant pages ?

8. Question : Is there any other way to make 90 days notification of address if not notifying in person or by agent? If so,what are documents required and procedure?

Answer : In case of not notifying in person or by agent, the alien could notify his/her address every 90 days by sending registered post. Required documents and procedures are as follow ;

1. Photocopy of the alien passport on pages of front page (name, surname, date of issue, expired date etc.) , current visa , latest arrival stamp of immigration, and the current stamp of extention of temporary stay.
  2. Photocopy of departure card (TM.6) both sides.
  3. The original of the latest receipt of 90 days notification (if any, in case of no departure)
  4. Filling up the Form TM.47 and signed by the alien.
  5. Stamped addressed envelop (size 6.5X9 inches) attached with at least 10 Baht stamp in order to send back the receipt and new form (TM47) to the alien.
Enclose all documents from 1-5 in the envelope which must be sent by registred post to the Immigration Office located in the same area of the alien’s residence. Such documents have to be sent in advance not shorter than 7 days before the due date. ( the receipt of the said registered post must be kept as evidence)

SPALAX, on 22 Jul 2014 - 18:21, said:

I don't understand why foreigners want to have problems that can easily avoided by complying to law and regulations.

90 days reporting has nothing to do with visas. You have to report if you have been staying in Thailand for more than 90 says in Thailand.

However if you go outside Thailand, if you should have reported and you didn't do it, you can be denied entry!

The rule is that you must keep your last receipt of reporting in your passport. (although they say that you must have all of them)

That's not what I understand. When leaving Thailand you must get a re-entry permit before departure. This allows you re-entry back into Thailand and the 90 day reporting starts from the date of re-entry. It's recorded on the database the date of departure and date of re-entry. You can't get into trouble or be denied re-entry because you missed a 90 day report when you were not in Thailand. Immigration knows you didn't report because you left.

How can you keep all your 90 day report receipts in your passport? They remove the old one and replace it with the new one.

Reentry permit and 90 days reports are two different issues.

You definitely have to proceed to this 90 days report if you have been staying in Thailand for more than 90 (actually 89) consecutive days in Thailand.

Yes, everything is recorded in a data base. It wasn't the case some years ago but it is. So the non-reporting guys are stupid.

I confirm that the customs officer can deny entry/reentry if you don't have the last receipt of report in your passport. It's up to him.

It's tolerated to keep the last receipt only in your passport. Tolerated. If I'm making a mistake please post the immigration rule regarding this matter here.

• 6 months later...