Bangkok: Ball game goes bad and ends in gunplay, death

webfact

Ball game goes bad and ends in gunplay, death
By Coconuts Bangkok

800px-bouchon_et_trois_boules_petanque.j

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok motorcycle taxi operator accidentally shot himself instead of his intended victim after a casual game of pétanque yesterday.

Anatbhumi Roongnapasri, 38, died from a bullet fired into his chest by his own gun at a parking lot in Lat Krabang district, where his friends had gathered for a pétanque match.

Pétanque is a ball game that doesn’t require any running, just a great arm to throw the metal ball as close as possible to the center point.

According to the investigation, Anatbhumi and about 10 others were playing pétanque before in the incident. During the game, the deceased got in a fight with player “Mao,” whose real name isn’t known. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/22/ball-game-goes-bad-and-ends-gunplay-death

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-22

This will be in newspapers all over the world soon. Incredible that anyone can get so overheated to want to shoot another over a game of petanque.

No matter what setting we are in, the human kind will always have a destructive part.

My condolances to the diseased and his loved ones.

I wonder if he'd still be alive if he didn't have any regressed anger, repressed emotions and inferiority issues.

Never trust the mental health of a person who forces themselves to smile throughout every emotion and event.

I wonder how many other Thai men have it in them to flip out over something small and the situation to end up with gun deaths.

Edited by Deacon Bell
  • Like 1

" A Bangkok motorcycle taxi operator accidentally shot himself instead of his intended victim after a casual game of pétanque yesterday."

And there are bigger idiots in the world who still refuse to believe in Darwinian natural selection. The victim was 38. Unfortunately, I am sure he had already reproduced and his genes will find their way to the next generation. Most likely his progeny will become bus drivers.

• Like 2

This will be in newspapers all over the world soon. Incredible that anyone can get so overheated to want to shoot another over a game of petanque.

No matter what setting we are in, the human kind will always have a destructive part.

It's incredible that a motorcycle taxi driver in Lat Krabang should be carrying a loaded gun.

" A Bangkok motorcycle taxi operator accidentally shot himself instead of his intended victim after a casual game of pétanque yesterday."

And there are bigger idiots in the world who still refuse to believe in Darwinian natural selection. The victim was 38. Unfortunately, I am sure he had already reproduced and his genes will find their way to the next generation. Most likely his progeny will become bus drivers.

What an incredibly crass comment.

So your in favor of social engineering and other extreme right wing ideas? Stop the riff raff breeding hey? Only people who can prove certain assets and have degrees can breed and why not let the state choose partners. Should provide the perfect gene pool for the society you want.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

It's incredible that a motorcycle taxi driver in Lat Krabang should be carrying a loaded gun.

He had to go home to get it. So it probably was not part of his standard equipment. Though he seemed to have been off duty while playing lovely petanque.

Yes Eric he is diseased if he wants to shot someone over a game. He is also an idiot. Better himself than the innocent victim.

Darwin award nominee alongside nominee #1 Ken Charles Barger, 47, accidentally shot himself to death in December in Newton, N.C. Awakening to the sound of a ringing telephone beside his bed, he reached for the phone but grabbed instead a Smith & Wesson .38 Special, which discharged when he drew it to his ear.

For a different, yet brilliant phone-scene I recommend the Czech movie "Men in hope":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2051941/

It's a comedy as the trailer suggests:

coffee1.gif

So how do they know he shot himself if everyone at the scene of the incident left and have not been tracked down yet. He shot himself while the others tried to get the gun off him - or perhaps someone else turned the gun into his chest and pulled the trigger, Whatever, you don't take a gun to a game of petanque !

There was a second shooter behind the hedgerow!

Nah. He was hiding on the "grassy knoll". thumbsup.gif

I have been around firearms all my life and served several years in the military and this it the first time I heard of an accidental discharge where the person shoots himself in the chest. Very very had to swallow.

I have been around firearms all my life and served several years in the military and this it the first time I heard of an accidental discharge where the person shoots himself in the chest. Very very had to swallow.

So, it was an exit wound?