All foreignors in Villas to register with Immig now

Put yourself in the place of the owner. How will you be able to know of your tenant's arrival every time he has been away for one or more days and report his new arrival to immigration? This is what you theoretically would have to do if you assumed the responsibility for submitting the TM.30

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Put yourself in the place of the owner. How will you be able to know of your tenant's arrival every time he has been away for one or more days and report his new arrival to immigration? This is what you theoretically would have to do if you assumed the responsibility for submitting the TM.30

So legally every time you leave the residence for the weekend (the day, the hour ??) a new one must be done..

Another vague ill defined law..

All this was very helpful,

we are going to give the property manager copies of our passports and last entry stamps so she can get it done as for whatever reason she is the person that has been leaned on so she will be the person they will come back to, i assume if she can say, I did it for x,y & z, they will "passover" our house if/when they decide to take it further given your point about homeowners.

It is a bit of a shame to see this but fits with the opinion that the wheels for Thailand start coming off in August as the "anti-corruption" zeal starts to get absurd and basic management of the country starts to fall apart. I must say that at some point I would expect the enforcement against foreign corporate-owned holding structures as it is the inevitable conclusion after this immigration crack-down but that is another topic for another day.

So legally every time you leave the residence for the weekend (the day, the hour ??) a new one must be done..

Another vague ill defined law..

I think the intent of the act is that once a person has been reported as living in a residence that is it until the person permanently leaves and takes up residence in another place.

• Like 1

It isnt just in Samui.

A printed poster in Thai from Immigration has very recently appeared in the lobby of my condo building in Jomtien. It appears to explain in some detail what condo owners need to do to report the details of any foreigner staying in their unit. It mentions the Immigration website that can be used to report the information and the possible fines for non-compliance.

Unfortunately it says nothing in English and so will not be much help/warning for any farang landlord, of which there are many in my building.

Seems fairly clear that they are clamping down on this reporting requirement which has existed for a long time but often wasn't applied very strictly.

As far as I know anyone who happens to be a farang owner-occupier is also subject to this requirement and he can satisfy it by filling in his address on his arrival card, and doing his 90-day reporting in the normal way. Quite what you should do if you own two or more condos/houses and move around between them, I dont know.

There's even more rules in the act. Like having to report yourself to authorities if you change your residence within .. 48h, was it ?

Many of the laws in Thailand are totally archaic and in need of an update to the online age.

• Like 1

They could ring the staff here at my apartment block daily for all I care - it's when they start coming into bars and restaurants demanding to see our passports (and I believe the BiB have the right to do so at any time) that I'll sit up and take notice, Until then, I have just have to satisfy the usual barfine and ladydrink quotas each month, the same as the rest of you :D

I have known about this for a long time. The immigration do regularly check hotels, guest houses, etc. Last year i was sitting with a friend in Ya Nui Resort in Rawai. Immigration turned up and asked for everybody's passport copy at the reception.

I don't think they are too eager to go to many single houses as this would be non productive (unless they had a tip off). If you are running a property management then you would be fully aware of it. I think they became more keen after the Tsunami.

There's even more rules in the act. Like having to report yourself to authorities if you change your residence within .. 48h, was it ?

Many of the laws in Thailand are totally archaic and in need of an update to the online age.

This is indeed a problem. When I went to report a change of address they told me to go away and just do it on next 90 day report. What can you do? Try to follow the law and the local immigration won't let you, but woe betide the foreigner who fails to follow the law on the day they decide to have a crackdown and enforce the same rule!

• Like 1

They could ring the staff here at my apartment block daily for all I care - it's when they start coming into bars and restaurants demanding to see our passports (and I believe the BiB have the right to do so at any time) that I'll sit up and take notice, Until then, I have just have to satisfy the usual barfine and ladydrink quotas each month, the same as the rest of you biggrin.png

They just did exactly this in Udon I was told by a friend over there..

Passports not just ID and they were not allowed to leave until someone went and got it for them.

BUT has anybody heard anything about this?? I am told that we can register ourselves at

A few years ago the manager of our condo informed everyone that the management of the building was required to get photocopies of passport and permissions/extensions to stay from all foreign residents much in the same way that (supposedly) all hotels, guesthouses, etc are supposed to collect information from guests for Immigrations.

We were told that if we went for the next extension and the information wasn't on file, our applications would be denied.

Pretty sure most people complied and that was pretty much the last I ever heard of it. No further announcements asking for current information and no mention about it at Immigrations when I made extension applications following that.

Edited by Suradit69

Fwiw I was down in Samui a few weeks ago and hired a villa around the lipa noi area.

12 people all up, 9 non Thai citizens. Staff asked everyone or passport and ID for the head office. Assume it was for police reporting.