All foreignors in Villas to register with Immig now

OK,

I just got a panicky email/call that immigration visited our rather large Villa development and told property manager that she/owners of villas must register every foreignor in the villas immediatately.

She is asking for passport copies/visas & last entry stamp to "register" with immigration. We are all on fully valid O-visas so that is not the issue also having lived in China many years where they actually had such a registration system (and could because of the massive Police state it is) it would not be a crisis to have to do again here in Thailand.

This is not the usual 90 day visit to immigration thing, this is immigration coming to us. I am being told that the property manager would be fined if this not done.

BUT has anybody heard anything about this?? I am told that we can register ourselves at

at www.immigration.go.th

If this was not coming from a very smart woman running the properties I would ignore.

??? Or am I completely out to lunch and this is NOT news???

Is this for owners or people who rent or live with gf or all farang?

In the link I posted there it says.

One of our site managers was told by them that all foreigners who were staying in any villa must report to immigration within 24 hours by the "online" system. (Whatever that is).

Furthermore, this requirement includes home owners, guests and renters who must register as well.

The nature of the information required would seem to include work permits, passport details etc. and info

Well, hotels have to report all the falangs to the immigration so nothing new really, looks like they started another crack down and enforcing the rules now.

Not only hotels, and not only farangs. I think it's an obligation for every owner (hotel, guesthouse, house, condo,...) to report to Immigration any non-Thai who live there, temporarily or not. I think that at Pattaya there is/wqs a website where you can make this reporting.

• Like 1

All foreigners in Thailand are required to have their address reported.

This has always been the law, nothing has changed.

If living in a commercial establishment, Guest-house, hotel, rented condo, up to the management.

If living in a private residence, private house, privately owned condo, gfs house, wife house, up to the owner.

If living in a house bought semi-legally to give a foreigner control, up to the company CEO.

It's always been chased, just immigration don't go out looking.

Usually immigration take notice when a foreigner applying for a marriage extension in a 'foreigner enclave' gives the game away, when they do a home visit and notice all the other foreigners hanging around.

No requirement for foreigners not in Thailand to report anything to anyone, so not a problem for vacant villas.

On-line registration is for commercial enterprises only.

In your case, unless the property manager is renting the house directly to you or acting as an agent for the owner, not her concern or responsibility.

Who owns the Villa you live in?

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

Do I still have to do this when I'm already in the yellow thabian baan ? Or more accurately, does my wife who owns the house have to report me in ? blink.png Or was it already part of the numerous times I've done 90 day reports & marriage extensions using that thabian baan ?

Might just be easier to ask them for a tracking device bolted to my ankle.

• Like 1

Do I still have to do this when I'm already in the yellow thabian baan ? Or more accurately, does my wife who owns the house have to report me in ? blink.png Or was it already part of the numerous times I've done 90 day reports & marriage extensions using that thabian baan ?

Yes, she does, unless you already stated the address in your entry form when you arrived.

(you know, that form you filled in on the plane, asking for your address in Thailand)

Yes, she does, unless you already stated the address in your entry form when you arrived.

The TM.6 ? Yeah, I put my address there. So that covers it ?

Applies to us all if we are resident here. Even toursits are supposed to be reported though I doubt many are.

I'm sure there is a central machine that keeps track of our every move to ensure our safety at all times!

(you know, that form you filled in on the plane, asking for your address in Thailand)

According to some immigration offices the arrival card is not enough.

There have been a few reports of a immigration office wanting it done every time the husband came home.

But I would say not to worry about it.

• Like 1

Not so, on TM6 and 7 I have always stated my address. My house. Mrs.Trans was fined at immigration because SHE PERSONALLY did not inform immigration. Now I thought it a money earner but no, an official receipt was given for the fine. She was also told if immigration police came to our house a 4000bht fine would have be given.

• Like 1

Not so, on TM6 and 7 I have always stated my address. My house. Mrs.Trans was fined at immigration because SHE PERSONALLY did not inform immigration. Now I thought it a money earner but no, an official receipt was given for the fine. She was also told if immigration police came to our house a 4000bht fine would have be given.

You forgot the other one,

The immigration policeman didn't know how to do his job, or they were just having a bad day.

Don't you have a marriage extension Transam?

If so, didn't your wife have to go to immigration with you to get it, fill out a form with your address on it, then have photos of you living there together? And a home visit from immigration as well? And 90 day report, doesn't that have your address on it?

Don't see how they could possibly claim you hadn't reported where you are staying (and your wife too).

What would they have done if she didn't have the 4000bht they wanted?

I would have been tempted to say, "not my business, take her away then, I can move a new one in tomorrow".

• Like 1

You forgot the other one,

The immigration policeman didn't know how to do his job, or they were just having a bad day.

Don't you have a marriage extension Transam?

If so, didn't your wife have to go to immigration with you to get it, fill out a form with your address on it, then have photos of you living there together? And a home visit from immigration as well? And 90 day report, doesn't that have your address on it?

Don't see how they could possibly claim you hadn't reported where you are staying (and your wife too).

What would they have done if she didn't have the 4000bht they wanted?

I would have been tempted to say, "not my business, take her away then, I can move a new one in tomorrow".

His is not first case I have seen of a immigration office fining a wife or even a girl friend for not doing the TM30 form. The normal fine is 2000 baht.

Some were asked for it but not fined.

Trans is on his 30 under considerations period for his first extension. His wife go hit when he applied for a 60 day extension.

• Like 1

Well, hotels have to report all the falangs to the immigration so nothing new really, looks like they started another crack down and enforcing the rules now.

Top answer have had this done at my site years before i arrived since then of course new faces have appeared with no further checks having been made,and the management don't take peoples particulars on arrival.

So just a routine check of a site they may not have visited before.

How does this work if the owner of the house lives overseas?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It could be done by an agent or representative. Perhaps with a power of attorney.

Agent?

I am living and working legally in Thailand for many years. My Thai wife who is legally owning the land is living and working in Germany for many years...

Of cause we are somehow registered in the village but... Have I to reregister my wife when she comes back in her home???

Additional due to my job I spent a lot of time in National parks living in tents? Who is registering me there...?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

' Have I to reregister my (Thai) wife when she comes back in her home???'

"According to some immigration offices the arrival card is not enough.

There have been a few reports of a immigration office wanting it done every time the husband came home.

But I would say not to worry about it."

"His is not first case I have seen of a immigration office fining a wife or even a girl friend for not doing the TM30 form. The normal fine is 2000 baht."

You've seen people fined for not doing the form, yet you then say not to worry about it?

The house-master or the owner or the possessor of the residence must submit the form TM.30. When your wife, the owner, is away you are the house-master and possessor rolled into one and are qualified to submit the form. Can also be done by mail.

PS: Not sure about mailing the report. I guess it depends what the "regulations prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in section 38 of the Immigration Act say, but I have never seen a copy of these regulations.

Edited by Maestro
added postscript

Is this for owners or people who rent or live with gf or all farang?

In the link I posted there it says.

One of our site managers was told by them that all foreigners who were staying in any villa must report to immigration within 24 hours by the "online" system. (Whatever that is).

Furthermore, this requirement includes home owners, guests and renters who must register as well.

The nature of the information required would seem to include work permits, passport details etc. and info

If both the home owner and the renter submit the form TM.30, immigration gets two reports for the same foreigner. My understanding is that only one or the other must submit the form, not both. Don't know if the Thai origial is clearer on this subject.

The house-master or the owner or the possessor of the residence must submit the form TM.30. When your wife, the owner, is away you are the house-master and possessor rolled into one and are qualified to submit the form. Can also be done by mail.

PS: Not sure about mailing the report. I guess it depends what the "regulations prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in section 38 of the Immigration Act say, but I have never seen a copy of these regulations.

But when you rent of an absentee landlord ??

I rent from a Thai lady who lives in Switzerland.. I have seen her twice in 4 years..

Do I need to do it for her ??

I rent from a Thai lady who lives in Switzerland.. I have seen her twice in 4 years..

My suggestion is to submit the TM.30 in your own name, in your capacity as the possessor of the residence. When you rent a residence, the owner gives you possession of the place.

My suggestion is to submit the TM.30 in your own name, in your capacity as the possessor of the residence. When you rent a residence, the owner gives you possession of the place.

For what are the 90 days reporting then?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Am I wrong to consider that the falang has no liability here? I was thinking it is only the Thai (owner) of home or condo/hotel/apartment/etc that has to report a falang. They are required to ask for copies of your passport, and make the report. You only need to provide the copies, and do your 90 day reporting.

The Thai owner/manager of the place you are staying should have asked to for copies of your passport before you moved in, passing that info on to immigration. If they failed to do so, they are in the wrong..not you.

Perhaps in the case of a condo, where the falang actually owns his own, there is a direct liability

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1