Just got back from Vientiane with my third Tourist Visa

Sounds right. I did not get a red stamp, but they wrote on my last double entry visa that next time I would have to provide proof of income and proof of residence.

Converting to a 90 day O with a subsequent retirement extension in 30 days from now. No more tourist visas for me.

I am really glad you got your visa and were able to enter Thailand without problem. I think the biggest obstacle for people in similar situations is the inconsistancy in applying the rules. The Vientianne/Nong Khai border seems to be more relaxed than the Southern Borders between Thailand and Malaysia and Myanmar. I just hope that once the dust settles - it is clear what Thailand will allow and what is forbidden -

I first arrived to Thailand at age 46 and, luckily, was able to use TV until I reached age 50 and qualified for retirement extensions.

• Like 2

I am really glad you got your visa and were able to enter Thailand without problem. I think the biggest obstacle for people in similar situations is the inconsistancy in applying the rules. The Vientianne/Nong Khai border seems to be more relaxed than the Southern Borders between Thailand and Malaysia and Myanmar. I just hope that once the dust settles - it is clear what Thailand will allow and what is forbidden -

I first arrived to Thailand at age 46 and, luckily, was able to use TV until I reached age 50 and qualified for retirement extensions.

Same as me, arrived to Thailand at age 46(early retired by my government. We can get non o in my country, if we can show prove from government pension(65000 baht month) but was traveling back every 15 months to get anew non o.

Edited by carstenp
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Proof of income ans reaidence are easy for me. Hoooray! Thanks foe the good news

Now, lets roll the dice for aug 7

Calm down.

Pattaya Pat you normally come across as an awkward, argumentative git, but that was quite humorous.

"Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in a refusal of a visa in the future."

"Proofs of residence in Thailand & financial income are required next time"

They want to see proof of residence IN Thailand (next time you apply for a Tourist Visa)? I would think they'd want to see proof of residence OUTSIDE Thailand in your home country.

• Like 1

"Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in a refusal of a visa in the future."

They want to see proof of residence IN Thailand (next time you apply for a Tourist Visa)? I would think they'd want to see proof of residence OUTSIDE Thailand in your home country.

I don't understand that phrase either, in the context of someone applying for a Thai tourist visa...

Unless, they mean, similar to what Immigration has talked about lately, being required to show something like a hotel reservation to demonstrate you're really a tourist... But, the consulate stamp language doesn't say THAT!

I don't understand that phrase either, in the context of someone applying for a Thai tourist visa...

Unless, they mean, similar to what Immigration has talked about lately, being required to show something like a hotel reservation to demonstrate you're really a tourist... But, the consulate stamp language doesn't say THAT!

OP, I am especially heartened by this sentence from your post:

I guess that the first one is the 'red stamp' which I have seen talked about, but it shouldn't affect me because I will be going back to England before this visa has ended.

Hopefully you've averted the usual brawl with a single sentence - we seem far more interested in arguing the toss re 'genuine tourists' than hearing anything positive in the leadup to the crackdown. It's also good to see the Consulates effectively warning people that they could be bounced, albeit after they've taken their money ;)